SOS need A lil assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a lil help I was wondering if some one could help me out with some tools or steel preferably some high grade tool steel or and drill press in good usable condition that's just lying around I'd help pay for shipping but I'm on disability so things are hard right now and my knife making is what brings me happiness so message me here if you have any questions thank you and may grandfather sun always be your guiding light

So u know any way I could get a lil assistance knife making is how I stay next to and close to my greatuncle dad and grandfather

I hear good things about the mini drill presses sold on Amazon. They are relatively cheap compared to regular bench top drill presses. Or check on Facebook marketplace, I see them for very good prices regularly.

I hear good things about the mini drill presses sold on Amazon. They are relatively cheap compared to regular bench top drill presses. Or check on Facebook marketplace, I see them for very good prices regularly.
I had tools that belonged to my late great uncle who was a master gunnery Sargent in the marines

Just an idea polarbear1989 but in the UK there are freebies on Gumtree - which is an advert site and there is also freecycle, friday-ad, LOOT and freeads - I am sure there are similar sites in America - the tools will just need collection or for you to arrange postage with the seller.
I used to know a guy in Derbyshire that had a site called lathes dot com and he had a Worldwide reputation for light engineering stuff and connections everywhere - he could source any pillar drill and metal machining gear and lathes galore - going from 12" woodworking bench models to big Boleys and Myfords - used to make tank parts, big clock parts etc.
There is also craigslist freebies and you could put wants in a shop window advert or on social media.

I don't don't even know anymore I just feel as those the only way you get assistance around here any more is if your financial standard good sorry guys but this is just me being truthful I'm just be 100%

You joined a forum populated by knife enthusiasts, who, in my experience, tend to be a group of people who have worked for everything they have. So the pitch you made here is not something I would expect to gain a lot of traction. And this is coming from someone who does believe in being charitable. But if just telling a sad story and asking for free stuff worked, I think there would be a lot of people making up stories to get free stuff. In fact I think that is actually I thing I have heard of at least once or twice. So I have little sympathy for unvetted sob stories. Sorry but this is just me being truthful.

P polarbear1989 you're not being bullied. We have no idea who you are have no reason take you at your word, and your decision solicit a custom knife maker's services from one side of your mouth, while asking for handouts from the other does nothing to engender trust. If you don't understand that, then I daresay you have enough yet to learn about decorum, personal responsibility, and trust, that I would feel wrong sending you anything because I would be encouraging entitled behavior.

I need a lil help I was wondering if some one could help me out with some tools or steel preferably some high grade tool steel or and drill press in good usable condition that's just lying around I'd help pay for shipping but I'm on disability so things are hard right now and my knife making is what brings me happiness so message me here if you have any questions thank you and may grandfather sun always be your guiding light
Fire, hammer, rock,saltwater,/oil, whetstones/sandpaper,skill, practice and a bit of wood leather or cord plus perserverence/patience....will make a knife. Try files,springs, saws, simple 10 series steels or thin pre heattreated stainless.

Hello P polarbear1989 - I have been poor a big portion of my life and I try and contribute to my community whenever I can even though I am disabled.
What gets me is persistent or professional beggars and manipulative scroungers that want something for nothing; think the World owes them a living and gives genuine in need people a bad reputation because it erodes trust and respect - just my observation after working for Churches and Charities since I was a teenager in the early eighties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back