Special Edition 2000 wood inlay

All of these new pictures have made the wait for my knife very hard to take.
Dennis, please make sure you do keep up the great pics. They are what convinced me to order my knife, thanks very much.
biggrin.gif

I hear ya Keith. Did get some good news from CRK though. They said that they finally got the raindrop damascus in and that my knife might possibly be done next month. Boy it has sure been a long 13 months! Getting a little itchy now. I have never seen or held a wood inlay and all I can say is that this thing had better ROCK! I don't doubt it a bit.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just got back from Scotland and was wondering if I would see more happening on this thread. Guess not. If there are more pictures of Wood Inlay Sebenzas out there please post them. Thanks guys.

I'm baaaack.
biggrin.gif
I finally have time to post the shots of the large Koa Wood inlay. Sorry it took so long.

Enjoy the pictures. More comming soon. I'm supposed to be getting a couple of small woods in a week or two. I'll get 'em up as soon as I can.

View

View

View

View

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

[This message has been edited by Dennis Wright (edited 10-03-2000).]

Thought I'd bring this back up. Had a lot of folks asking about the woods, lately.

The Koa is gone to a good home. Interview, references and background check all came back ok so, off it went.
smile.gif

BTW, thanks Keith.

Got a couple more small ones coming in a few days. I'll get the pictures up when they come in.

------------------
Dennis Wright
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

I've got some small wood myself just looking at the pics
biggrin.gif

Don't think i've ever wanted a knife so badly. I'm pretty much a novice when is comes to knives -hold on to the end that's not sharp etc is about my speed at this point, but I've never seen anything that screams out quality and class like the wood inlay Sebenza.

I'm putting aside $50/paycheck for one, so maybe sometime this summer I'll have my own.

Wow - these are about the most beautiful knives i've seen yet. I live in La Jolla, CA so I think i'm going to pay Dennis Wright a visit this week sometime. (I actually stopped by on Saturday but the shop was closed!)

quick question - how durable is the wood inlay? does it scratch or dull easily?

ack! disregard that last question - I did a search through the forums and found more than a sufficient amount of info.

Dennis:

That Koa is a beautiful Knife. I don't know how you are able to let them go. I would like to have a knife store someday but I think I would keep all the inventory. I have a lefty small inlay with curly maple per Bridget. I may get it in late Ocober but now I'm starting to think I'll be luck to get it by Christmas, had my order in since March and have all ready paid cash. I envy the right handers, they never have to wait and they get the best selection. Wah! Wah! Wah! Sniff sniff. I'll post my picture here when I get it if I don't die first.

Aaaarrggghhh, you guys!!!!!!

I can't take it any more!!!!!

MUST HAVE LARGE WOOD INLAY!!!!

Anyone selling one?
smile.gif

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

I hear you Scott! I have had mine ordered since LAST September (Raindrop Damascus problem
frown.gif
). Still waiting with all the patience I can muster. But good things do come to those who wait. Bridget has e-mailed me saying that it is finally in process and will be finished hopefully by the end of the month. The part that really gets me excited is the fact that it will be delivered with my all time favorite inlay, Desert Ironwood! Should really set off that bronzed Damascus. Does anyone have a pic of a dual thumbstud inlay showing the lock side? Would really like a small to match, but really don't know if I can go through this again
wink.gif
Yeah, right!

Hang in there guys. The last small inlays I received were ordered in January & they were received in August. Dealers don't get any higher priority than retail customers so that may be an indicator of how they are moving.

It does appear that they are stepping up the pace a bit to try & keep up but they can only do so much and no one wants them to sacrifice quality to meet delivery demands.

I suppose, too, that Mark's departure has put a bit of a crimp in the schedule.

Bongod, I'll be at the Anaheim gunshow this weekend so the store will be closed again. It will be open the following weekend though.

Scott, you're right, it is hard to let some of these go, especially the ones I know are not going to be duplicated. It would be nice to have them all in a killer collection. Unfortunately, incidentals like rent, food, gasoline
mad.gif
, utilities, taxes, new stock, wife, etc. have a tendency to dampen the urge. It's even worse with guns.

I have to confess, though, that some particular items have found their way to certain display cases for which the keys have mysteriously "vanished".

------------------
Dennis Wright
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

[This message has been edited by Dennis Wright (edited 10-26-2000).]

So should I order one now even if I won't have the money accumulated until July or so?

It is entirely up to you! We do not ask for a deposit - full payment is due at the time the knife is shipped. It is often better to "have your foot in the door" than come up short closer to the time.

If you prefer to work with one of the dealers, I am sure they won't mind keeping your name on a waiting list either. Some of the dealers ask for a deposit, some don't!!

Anne

I keep a waiting list on Capital Sebenzas that I don't have in stock. No deposits are required 'til I actually have product in stock or inbound.

When I receive something that someone has asked about I start at the top of the list on a first come - first served basis and keep going 'till someone commits.

Terms are flexible but it usually takes a deposit to hold a Capital knife for more than a day or two unless the customer is a regular who has built up a history of reliable purchases. Even then there's a limit since the demand for them is such that it wouldn't be fair to either the other buyers or myself to tie one of these models up too long while a decision is made.

------------------
Dennis Wright
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

Hi Dennis, you certainly don't have to thank me, I have had a great time going over and over this thread looking at all tha great pictures. The comments from people have been great as well.
We have to make sure this keeps going so post more pics ASAP.

ScottDog, I call the high grade Sebenzas & other special editions and models, (wood inlays, damascus, wood inlays with damascus, Kathathus, etc.) Capital knives. Just my way of avoiding the use of too many words. I'm not a fast typist and it's easier this way.

No need to get hung up on it. It's just a personal shortcut. Since they are the top of the top of the line, I figure it fits.

Keith, I appreciate that. I should have some new shots up soon. It's my understanding that a package from "Up North" left Friday on a journey to sunny (??!!??
rolleyes.gif
) Southern Cal. Hopefully it should arrive before I leave for San Francisco on Thursday. If it does, I'll shoot them and get them up ASAP. I think you'll appreciate them.

------------------
Dennis Wright
La Mesa, CA
(Don't click, just call)
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

[This message has been edited by Dennis Wright (edited 11-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dennis Wright (edited 11-05-2000).]

Originally posted by Dennis Wright:
I leave for San Francisco on Thursday.