Spring into Spring with a "Barlow a Day for Thirty Days"

Primble

Platinum Member
I decided to challenge myself to have a Traditional Barlow in my pocket every day for the next thirty days. That should get me (or you) right into Spring, 2024.
I extend the challenge to anyone else that wants to participate. 😊
You (or me) can carry any knife or knives other than a Barlow ...... but ...... a Barlow must be one of your totes for the day.
Post a picture of the Barlow you toted in this thread, each day, for the next thirty days. If you want to tell what you cut with it, feel free to do so.
Your picture can include some other traditional knife, other than a Barlow ....... just make sure it includes a Barlow.
Grandaddies and small Barlows are also welcome. 😊
( If you only have one or a few Barlows, you can post it or them over and over ........ maybe in different photo settings would be nice ) ;)
If there is good participation ..... there may be a surprise at the end of 30 days .......we'll see.
* I'll leave the start date open through this coming weekend. In other words, anyone can start their thirty days, up until the end of this coming Sunday. It would be helpful if all challenge acceptors would post the day they are on, such as Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.

For Day 1, I choose to tote 2 Barlows .... just to get me started :

Charlows221.jpg

_T8P6121 Small.jpg

_T8P6117 Small.jpg

Last edited:
I can't commit to 30 days, but will take a crack at it. This one has been hanging around on my desk for a while and could use some pocket time. The watch pocket has been empty so may as well put something in there. Three knives everyday? Why not? 🤪😁🤪.

The Wright Barlows are just right! Wharncliffe/rosewood combo here:

View attachment 2502999

That Case is something else! Wow!

meh ... y knot? ... "challenge" accepted. 🤔😇👍
Since my stockman (Imperial Frontier 4435) has stainless blades and wood covers, I'll start with my SARGE "Official BSA" Barlow.
(my only (allegedly) USA made Barlow with stainless blades and wood covers.
(When (not "if") I go back to a 1095 Stockman, I have a few 1095 Barlows to pair with it.)
View attachment 2503030

I won't take you up on the challenge since my only barlow is smaller than I prefer, but I will help you with pictures.

14436793324_35aed9c7b8_c.jpg

I decided to challenge myself to have a Traditional Barlow in my pocket every day for the next thirty days. That should get me (or you) right into Spring, 2024.
I extend the challenge to anyone else that wants to participate. 😊
You (or me) can carry any knife or knives other than a Barlow ...... but ...... a Barlow must be one of your totes for the day.
Post a picture of the Barlow you toted in this thread, each day, for the next thirty days. If you want to tell what you cut with it, feel free to do so.
Your picture can include some other traditional knife, other than a Barlow ....... just make sure it includes a Barlow.
Grandaddies and small Barlows are also welcome. 😊
( If you only have one or a few Barlows, you can post it or them over and over ........ maybe in different photo settings would be nice ) ;)
If there is good participation ..... there may be a surprise at the end of 30 days .......we'll see.

For Day 1, I choose to tote 2 Barlows .... just to get me started :

View attachment 2502841

View attachment 2502849

View attachment 2502846
I will take the challenge Mr Primble Primble and even try to do a different Barlow very day .
These 2 today : Russell Barlow and a Cattaraugus Congress
W12CU9w.jpg

The Russell has a Double Stamp and the Catt has the Catt closing Thwack
iwbuDEv.jpg

Harry

I won't take you up on the challenge since my only barlow is smaller than I prefer, but I will help you with pictures.

14436793324_35aed9c7b8_c.jpg

It you only have one ....... you sure picked a good one to keep !
Love the bolster patina ! :thumbsup: 😍

I will take the challenge Mr Primble Primble and even try to do a different Barlow very day .
These 2 today : Russell Barlow and a Cattaraugus Congress
W12CU9w.jpg

The Russell has a Double Stamp and the Catt has the Catt closing Thwack
iwbuDEv.jpg

Harry

Right up my alley Harry !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:😍😍

I’ll take the challenge Mr. Primble, although I’ll have to brush up on my photography skills. For day one I have a big and a little.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    843 KB · Views: 9
Count me in, Mr. Primble Primble !
And you caught me on a good day, as I had already left for the day before I saw this 😁
Both of these are new to me within the last week. The BF21 was a lucky score- right place at the right time!
The 15 I got from Paul Jakeywax31 Jakeywax31
Both are keepers, for sure!
I'm definitely not going to be able to have a different barlow in my pocket every day, but I will do what I can:thumbsup:

BarlowDay1.jpg

I can't commit to 30 days, but will take a crack at it. This one has been hanging around on my desk for a while and could use some pocket time. The watch pocket has been empty so may as well put something in there. Three knives everyday? Why not? 🤪😁🤪.

The Wright Barlows are just right! Wharncliffe/rosewood combo here:

View attachment 2502999

That Case is something else! Wow!

Good looking knife! Does the opening pull on this one also border on being a "nailbreaker"? I had a clip-point, and it required a good amount of force to open... :)

Good looking knife! Does the opening pull on this one also border on being a "nailbreaker"? I had a clip-point, and it required a good amount of force to open... :)
Thanks! It's on the heavier side for sure. The good thing about the wharncliffe blade is that it is easy to pinch and open.

Day 1:
I tend not to switch up my carry very often. Will carry one knife for months on end. Nevertheless, challenge accepted! I've been carrying this barlow for probably a week or two already. Guess I got a bit of a head start 😝 Great minds think alike!

Not done much with it though. Cut up some ham for a sandwich and I think some chicken one night. Opened some things like dog food and various other packages.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not going to be able to have a different barlow in my pocket every day, but I will do what I can:thumbsup:

You don't need to have more than one to comply with my very laxed rules for this challenge.
The same Barlow for thirty days would be acceptable ....... it might be more fun if you took different photos of it. ;) 😊
I'll give you (and others) a few more examples:
You have two Barlows ..... approximately 15 times you would need to carry one of them for the 30 days. There is no requirement for it to be your only tote for the day.
You have five Barlows ...... approximately 6 times you would need to carry one of them for the thirty days.
You have thirty Barlows ...... you would have enough to carry a different one each day for 30 days ...... but you could carry one of them ten days, sometimes carry two or more, etc.

I really have grown to love those GEC 86' patterns with the fancy bolster. I need to hunt me down one. :thumbsup: 😍

Last edited:
Back