Spring into Spring with a "Barlow a Day for Thirty Days"

IMG_6813.jpeg

Great idea! I probably have about a week's worth of Barlows that I can cycle through. First up is my least carried. I love the long pull and shape of the belly on this knife. It's pretty stiff to open though. Not quite a nail-breaker, but not fun with wet hands.

Edit: added snack photo from earlier today.

IMG_6816.jpeg

Last edited:
You don't need to have more than one to comply with my very laxed rules for this challenge.
The same Barlow for thirty days would be acceptable ....... it might be more fun if you took different photos of it. ;) 😊
I'll give you (and others) a few more examples:
You have two Barlows ..... approximately 15 times you would need to carry one of them for the 30 days. There is no requirement for it to be your only tote for the day.
You have five Barlows ...... approximately 6 times you would need to carry one of them for the thirty days.
You have thirty Barlows ...... you would have enough to carry a different one each day for 30 days ...... but you could carry one of them ten days, sometimes carry two or more, etc.

I really have grown to love those GEC 86' patterns with the fancy bolster. I need to hunt me down one. :thumbsup: 😍
Question:
Are Rough Ryder/Rider and offshore Marbles Barlows allowed?

EDIT:
Almost forgot. I also have a post 1988 Imperial Ireland Jackmaster Barlow identical to the Prov. R.I. Jackmaster (but in somewhat better condition) Is it also welcome?

Last edited:
Question:
Are Rough Ryder/Rider and offshore Marbles Barlows allowed?

I sure hope so, but I'm not on the Rules Committee. Not even sure that there is such a committee.

If you like it and it's a Barlow, yes. 😊 I said my rules was laxed.🤣
and yes to your edited question from Ireland .............. 👽🍀🤣

Last edited:
For several months now I have been entertaining the idea of starting just such a thread, but for the Opinel No.8. I am so busy right now though that I would not be able to maintain it properly.

A Barlow is just a little too small for my hands and “needs” (typical uses), but I saw this thread just before leaving for the dentist’s office, so I chose my little Imperial Ireland to keep me company during a root canal. If I change my mind and decide to take up the month-long challenge, it’s all charged and ready to go:

JIebMDL.jpeg

For several months now I have been entertaining the idea of starting just such a thread, but for the Opinel No.8. I am so busy right now though that I would not be able to maintain it properly.

A Barlow is just a little too small for my hands and “needs” (typical uses), but I saw this thread just before leaving for the dentist’s office, so I chose my little Imperial Ireland to keep me company during a root canal. If I change my mind and decide to take up the month-long challenge, it’s all charged and ready to go:

JIebMDL.jpeg

You might like an 86 or 77 size Barlow.

I like this idea Mr Primble. :) Being one who switches carries nearly daily this will definitely be a challenge for me but sounds like fun. I have maybe a handful of Barlow at most, will sort them out and begin the rotation. Probably start with this one tomorrow.
S&M barlow - 1.jpeg

Swithching to '56-'88 Imperial (Prov. R.I.) Jackmaster fore day duce to day ?????
(make knote the drill hole next to forward "pin" installed by a previous owner. My suspicion is it try'd to drill out the "pin" and slipped.)
View attachment 2504043
(Imperial Barlow cuz I went back to the Imperial Bicentenial stockman so traditional carry b all carbon steel- & 2b Imperial Prov. R.I..)

Last edited:
Back