Spyderco's not legal in Canada?

One never flips a knife open in the presence of an LEO. One never opens a knife in the presence of an LEO in any manner unless the conversation is very friendly and the LEO has said something like "Nice knife! How do you open it?"

In California a concealed fixed blade, however small and benign, is a no-no, while the biggest and ugliest folder you can imagine is OK, at least as long as it is designed to open with a thumb hole or thumb stud on the blade. I consider the Camillus CUDA debatable, but the statute clearly, if unintentionally, makes a double action Microtech SOCOM a non-switchblade.

This does not, of course, apply to Canada. The most impolite way to open a knife, by the way, is a gravity flip. It gets people to jump higher than pushing the button on a switchblade, let alone a thumb push.

The law, of course, is a "humble beast of burden." We enlightened folk do not care how you open or draw your knife, but rather what you do with it after you deploy it, i.e. keep it away from anybody'd body parts.
smile.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

I wish that a law could protect LEO`s from BG`s.Watch out for that palmed box cutter.

Back