SRM, Bee, Enlan, Navy and knives Fan post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I started knife collecting, the Srm, Bee and Enlan knives always have been in blade forums as some of the cheapest yet great knives on the market today.
This post is for all the fans of this knives.
Let's see how many FANS these knifes have.
Also post your prefered one untill now.
Mine is the 710.

Thanks for looking:)

What about the EL-01?? God daiiiiiiiimn!!:D
A beast of a knife. I believe one of the best i've EVER seen, if not the best, for the money hands down! Superb fit and finish, with great grip on those big G-10 handles, milled out liners that still makes it a little heavy though but great to hold in the hand and the flipper just makes it SWEEEEEEEEETT:D
Not an edc knife in my opinion but you can definetly use it and abuse it with harder tasks.
Extremely impressed by it! In one word: OUTSTANDING!!
Only has one little issue, just one tiny little one in my opinion.
When you flip it you need to give it a little wrist action, at least mine, because it doesn't come flying out like a Kershaw or something like that because it's not speed assited and the blade is a little bit heavy. So sometimes when flipped only with the finger the blade only goes half way and to open it entirely you need to give it a whip action wich is ok but I believe it could be improved by adding a dual thumbstud for these ocasions. Also lacks jimping wich is so awesome in so many of their knives:(
Still, an OUTSTANDING hard-working tool and if you don't own one, don't give it a second thought, BUY IT NOW!

fSPx.jpg

[video=youtube;d9Agy18nm2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Agy18nm2E[/video]

Last edited:
When you don't want to use such a beast for your utility tasks as the, much loved, EL-01 you can always go with the BEE L01!
Mine is the one with G-10 scales.
brand-new-bee-steel-folding-knife-l01-39eb9.jpg

It's the first tanto and thumb disc knife i own and i like it a lot.
Used it in some fishing activities and it is very nice.
It's thiner than the EL-01.
If you took out an EL-01 scale it would be the same thickness as the BEE L01. It's lighter, also with no back spacer and has enough blade to do some heavier tasks.
It's impressively smooth to open with very good detent (not sure if this is written like this:)) and has the awesome jimping that you can see in the SRM 710, for example!
Blade centering is perfect and if you give it a little thrust with your thumb it flies open!
Very nice if your looking for a cheap but not so beasty tool.

Here you can get a nicer look at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsWOfRUt8iE&feature=related

The EL-02b!
I never liked the one with micarta handles because of some aesthetic issues so i sold it.
A few days gone by and i saw that the EL-02b was out so i decided to go for it.
It's amazing for the money.
It's very sharp!
With a little thumb action and it flies open, I love it:D
I like the stonewashed blade. It gives it a very nice look!
The thing that is intriguing me the most is the G-10 handles.
Why?
Because they look like carbon fiber to me!!! No kidding!!
Overall is the same as the regular but nicer:D
The only thing i don't like is the lock!
It's strong, don't get me wrong but it's a little sharp! It has a little cut in it that tears the skin!

52194459.jpg

39738304.jpg

I've got my Navy K-507 for some time now and despite the initial issue with it (ballbearing missing) i like it very much, mostly because of the design, speed and smoothness of the blade deployment.
However, the knife has a few construction flaws, in my opinion!
It has a too thin handle and you can't take it apart.
The stop blade pin has a flat head that makes it impossible to disassemble.
Nevertheless it is a great knife for the money:)

A few days ago i bought another Navy K-507 but this one's different!
Take a look:

cimg2060.jpg

cimg2061n.jpg

The thing that immediately stands out is the stone wash finish on the blade and handle!
It's very nicely done on the blade but on the handle is ok:)
The blade is also a little bit different.

cimg2059zn.jpg

Both are razor sharp but the new model has it's name on the grind and, as you can see, it has a more rounded shape on top.
The blade is also thicker as is the handle wich makes it a little heavier.

cimg2062v.jpg

cimg2063b.jpg

The jimping on the older version is better though!
The lockup is very solid on both but the newer model has a thicker lock bar with some jimping on it wich makes it more comfortable to grip hard and also to close the knife.

cimg2056.jpg

Another great improvement is that this one can be completely disassemblied!
Instead of the flat head screw they had on the stop pin now it has a normal torx screw.
I can already imagine the mods:D

cimg2053.jpg

It's also built it with phosphor bronze washers!!!
That's very nice but doens't help the knife deploying any faster!!
Actually, the older model has a smoother mechanism!
Also they changed the G-10.
It's black also but has a nicer feeling!
It's a little more grippy and shiny like the one on the EL-02B.

Overall, i must say that i like the improved version very much!
It seems like the maker payed more attention to the knife and corrected the few flaws the first model had.
If you're looking for a cheap, medium sized locker this one might be it!

Another chinese goodie arrived today!
The SRM GB-763!

480_P_1271605998796.jpg

I've seen lots of reviews about it before buying it but i never really liked the design of it!
Like in many other cases, the knife started to grow on me so i decided to buy it.
First impressions, it's a very nice and compact knife.
As small as the 710 with an 8cr13mov blade and frn handle (there are also aluminum ones).
The axis-lock was the main reason why i bought it!
I love to play with the axis lock of my mini grip:)
This axis lock is very smooth! Smoother than the one on the EL-02.
The thing that impressed me the most was it's sharpness!!
All of my chinese brand knives came sharp but this one is "off the hook" (always wanted to try this expression:lol:)!
Extreeeemely sharp! Just shaved a little of my arm hair:)
I'm going to work on a beach in a few days from now so i was planning to take the 710 with me.
Well, not anymore:)
This one will be better for me because i will have my hands wet so this one is grippier.
The 710 has always been my favourite SRM but i really see this one getting it's spot!
Very nice little folder so i must say that i'm still a fan of these chinese gooddies:D

[video=youtube;l1RHZas-_WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1RHZas-_WM[/video]

P.s: I also bought this pocket sharpener wich i'll make a review when i test it;)

20_1300867315173_l.jpg

thanks for looking:)

@OP, you commented on my post already, but what I like is posted here.

SRM 763 LFP, 723 RFP (until I let it go), EL02 IWB 2 o'clock. Each blade has unique use :)

yep, these chinese folders are the best bang for the buck I've handled in some time. Started with a 710, now I have another one with the black blade and camo handle, an Enlan EL02A, stonewashed Navy K507, Land (big SRM) MC 962, Ganzo G704 (been edc-ing this one since Monday, smoothest axis on this family and holds edge really good) and the little SRM (forgot model, too lazy to look it up) that is the same as the Buck nobleman with the rubberized carbon fiber look. :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of several knives from Sanrenmu, Enlan and BEE.
Not all of their knives are great, but quite a few of them are pure gold and I would happily pay 3 times the price for them.

One of my favorites is the Enlan EL-01.
It's a big heavy duty folder, and it can be waved very easily.
And it doesn't look like a hack job either.
If you do it right it looks factory.

[video=youtube;tEerby-TmBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEerby-TmBk[/video]

[video=youtube;BZh2uwOck2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZh2uwOck2k[/video]

Anyone can tell the Navy 440C is truly 440C or 8Cr13MoV in disguise? I recalled Spyderco experience getting 440C from their China manufacturer that turned out to be 8Cr13MoV. Now the Chinese steel is out in the open, and appreciated as decent, why state 440C if it's just 8Cr13MoV?

One of my fellow youtube reviewers, cutlerynovice kinda specialized in cheap knives, if i recall he stated that Navy's "440C" is a VERY similar Chinese steel, but would be more properly named 9cr15MOV.

One a side note, are you guys satified with your Navy knives? I got two and they are crap. Very rough fit and finish, blade play and just generally crappy. On one of them the frame lock engages so early it's absurd, it's about 1%. ...and to add insult to injury were more expensive than Sanrenmu or BEE knives.

I'll update when I got my Navy k631. Yes, they are more expensive than Sanrenmu or Enlan, and many have stated the quality you'll get depends on luck.

I tend to think theirs is Chinese steel instead of real 440C. That combined with the design (more copies than original) says something about the company ...

Having said that, I love Military, but can't afford one, so when k631 FFG came out, got to try one.
Hopefully one day I can get the real Spyderco.

i am a native chinese , and i have had some SRM folders , the quality of these cheap things are cool. But i have some to complain bout are 1.the size is too small ;2. the retention is not good . LAND knives are come from same provider that made SRMs , these folders are larger and more suited for self-defense or EDC carry.

navy is suck , in my eyes , no self design on knives , just plain stupid copying,and the liner-lock that made of mild steel, i mean do not hardened ,craps.

I am also from China.There is a misconcept among us "knife guys" which is most SRM are trash.The most possible reasons are steel type and heat treat. But I really think they forget how little money they spend on SRM compared to others.With that little money,I think SRM has done its best.

The Navy K502 with the compression lock is a good choice too:
K502%25252002.jpg

Last edited:
another fallback of sRM & BEE &navy is the screws on them , i dont understand why not use rivets , small screws are easy to losen and hard to fasten without right tool. what a stupid way that use screws on folder .
now imagine that a sub-machine gun every parts using small screws to fasten , will it reliable in battle fields ? never!

i go for RIVETS , i relly like BUCK 110 and CS voyager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back