SRM, Bee, Enlan, Navy and knives Fan post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate rivets. I want to be able to disassemble my folders for cleaning and modding.
Blue Loctite is the solution for the losening screws.

And all of them come with loctite .. at least the clip screws I managed to take off. :D

Get some torx and hex drivers if you're into folders ;)

The EL-02b!
I never liked the one with micarta handles because of some aesthetic issues so i sold it.
A few days gone by and i saw that the EL-02b was out so i decided to go for it.
It's amazing for the money.
It's very sharp!
With a little thumb action and it flies open, I love it:D
I like the stonewashed blade. It gives it a very nice look!
The thing that is intriguing me the most is the G-10 handles.
Why?
Because they look like carbon fiber to me!!! No kidding!!
Overall is the same as the regular but nicer:D
The only thing i don't like is the lock!
It's strong, don't get me wrong but it's a little sharp! It has a little cut in it that tears the skin!

52194459.jpg

39738304.jpg

HEY LOOK GUYS! DID YOU SEE THE NEW CARBON FIBER AXIS LOCK SEBENZA?? haha

Received two Navy k631 yesterday. Exduct does pay attention to note written during purchase. Both come without bladeplay whatsoever, and quite centered.

Out of the box, sharpness is ok. Slice copier paper. A bit less sharp than Sanrenmu. I plan to resharpen them later.

The effective cutting edge is about the same with Enlan EL02. However, overall blade length is longer. Blade thickess is a hair less than the Enlan. Being wide, combined with FFG profile, it'll make good slicer. Factory edge is not very obtuse, about 40 inclusive.

Overall good fit & finish, one has a bit of scratch on the backspacer, that's all. It's by design less elegant than Enlan, and the overall feeling is of a rough knife but a solid workhorse. It doesn't feel smooth and nice like EL02.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a SRM GB-704 and/or Enlan M020-FB (M020-HF)?

What are the impressions? I'm looking for small urban EDC knife...

anyone got feedback on its edge holding? the sRM , enlan and navy? I find that the navy rust a bit easier and the SRM comes sharper.

Does anyone have a SRM GB-704 and/or Enlan M020-FB (M020-HF)?

What are the impressions? I'm looking for small urban EDC knife...

I had two of the MO20s that I had to toss because the locks were so weak.
Too crappy even to give away to someone I don't much care for.

Chris "Anagarika";9860362 said:
And all of them come with loctite .. at least the clip screws I managed to take off. :D

Get some torx and hex drivers if you're into folders ;)
the one thing that bothers me about my SRM knives is the screws. They're all hex screws on mine, but none of them quite the drivers I have, and the locktite on them is super strong. I'm just barely able to adjust the pivot on my 939, and I was just barely able to get the clip off my 763, but that's it.

Similar experience. I had hard time taking off the clip of 763 until found a 'fresh' hex. It's so hard it tends to round off the screwdriver's head ..
the one thing that bothers me about my SRM knives is the screws. They're all hex screws on mine, but none of them quite the drivers I have, and the locktite on them is super strong. I'm just barely able to adjust the pivot on my 939, and I was just barely able to get the clip off my 763, but that's it.

I had two of the MO20s that I had to toss because the locks were so weak.
Too crappy even to give away to someone I don't much care for.

I had a M020-HF and didn't like it! Too small, no jimping, cheap tiger stripes and fake CF. The lock seemed weak to me too.

Off topic but i saw a video yesterday that proved the review i had on the El-01.
I eddited the review of it by posting the video. Check it if you need a very high value workhorse!

Can't say I'm a fan yet, as my order is still enroute but after reading the various threads and reviews I decided to check them out. Currently headed my way:

G704
EL02
SRM 710
SRM 704
SRM B4704
K602
LO3-2

Hoping the next couple of weeks go quickly. (Ordered from Exduct)

Last edited:
I checked the blog and there is a little mistake on the blade length in centimeters.
Not trying to be picky but just trying to help mate:)

I checked the blog and there is a little mistake on the blade length in centimeters.
Not trying to be picky but just trying to help mate:)

Yes, that's an Endura 4.
I've corrected that, thanks!
I was experimenting with my camera this afternoon. So I'll update the pics soon. :)

anyone got feedback on its edge holding? the sRM , enlan and navy? I find that the navy rust a bit easier and the SRM comes sharper.

They are nothing more than a beater upper that can be had for cheap! I have enjoyed the 710 by SRM but its really the only one other than the 939 that I have found that I liked. The Enlan EL-01 is impressive for the money. I don't care for the grooves in the handles and don't like how they catch under the clip snagging it on pockets. This is rougher on pants that way but otherwise its not one you'd look at and even suspect that its at the price point they set it at. For us right now in the US its a great deal on a well built knife though.

Most all these have G10 but there is something different looking about the G10. Can't quite put my finger on it but I do see a diff from the G10 used on these vs whats used on Emerson and Spyderco. The latter feels and looks more quality as it should for the money I suppose. Still, for the savings one can't argue with what you get here in the Enlan EL -01

I've done some cutting trials with the 710 I have and repeatedly cut down boxes with it slicing up a good size Priority mail box that will hold a full size magazine stack. When it was done to where I had no more pieces I could cut the knife was getting dull but it kept cutting and still shaveed and sliced thicker paper from my printer when I was finished. It struggled a bit with news print though so it was dinged down some but certainly not bad and on par with anything else in the same steel that I've used.

The Cold Steel AUS8 blades did better but the difference is marginal really but it is there. Ironically the Kabar Phat Bob in AUS8 did about the same as the SRM710 for how it felt when doing the same type cutting for roughly close to the same amount of cuts I guess. Its not like I counted. I just sliced up the same size boxes with both over time. I have this habit of cutting down the bigger boxes that come in the mail particularly if I have some already and don't need extras. This aids me to throw them out. It makes them less bulky and fills my trash can slower that way so I've cut enough with enough knives and various steels to get a feel for each and of course for me most of the cutting is being done with 3" plus or minus blades. These knives including my newest Enlan EL-01 all cut within that expected performance range for the steels used in my opinion. the Enlan is actually big compared to most of the others I've bought. I'd say for me personally its a fun knife, particularly when Waved but its bigger than I normally carry for very long and usually not outside my own property.

Simply put what I've seen and handled are fine average steels giving fine average performance for a good price that is certainly not average for what you would expect to have to pay for the same level of performance elsewhere. If some of you Chinese residents don't mind share with us what you consider to be some of the 'good' ones with better steels that you know of and help us find some new toys to examine. Thanks

STR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back