SRM, Bee, Enlan, Navy and knives Fan post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a shame they only make it partially serrated edge. I love how looks the g10 and general design :(

In researching the 913p several months ago, I found a plain-edge, silver colored blade version on a German site, which wouldn't sell to a non-European address.

Hopefully that version will make its way here before too long.

Just got my Enlan El01 and 02. Both are amazing knives, but the axis type lock on the 02 was way stiff, so i gifted it

I just ordered a SRM 710 just to give a try the edge retention on Sanremnu 8cr13mov steel. As its cheap, the design is an all arounder, I can go wrong with it.

As I receive it, I let you know :)

EL-01KH (tan) should be here in a couple days, and I just ordered an Enlan M027 (little stubby guy w/wood scales). I can see I've managed to develop yet another addiction...:rolleyes::D

New KO brand knife has come.
Titanium framelock and D2, seems like one heck of a deal.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm not obsessed with full Titanium handles and flippers, so I might go with this one instead of the flipper myself.

Good info gere (from EDC thread)
Chris"Anagarika", i "salvaged" it from an Inron MY-803.. didn't like it, the only good thing about it was the flat head screw it "donated" to the EL-01.
You can also use 3 mm shaft, 0.5 mm thread pitch screws. you can find the either in flat head, Phillips head, or either torx, or even Allen. I have done it to my khaki EL-01(Phillips head screw).the only concern is that you have to use a washer with the screw.

Got the EL-01KH yesterday. Very impressive. I see now why people keep talking about how heavy duty these things are (it didn't appear as beefy to me in pics as is does in the "flesh"). Blade centering is dead on, zero play in either direction, opens smoothly (though requires a little wrist flick along with the flipper), locks up early, and came shaving sharp. There are a few items with the finish that let you know it's not a high-dollar knife. The satin finish on the blade is a bit uneven and "scratchy" looking, and the top of the lock spring (you have to look down into the knife to see it) and the tang areas of the blade look a little rough. On the other hand, both of these issues are purely cosmetic in nature and don't hinder function. For $16 shipped I can live with them. I just need to swap out the funky "tri-wing" pivot screw and I'll be all set. :thumbup:

Enlan EL08 breaking up coconut.
8436545029_af19efc88a_b.jpg

No visible damage after work
8436548447_bb56a5e2c0_b.jpg

Guys what do you think of the ganzo g712 aka the benchmade bedlam copy?just got it for like 20 bucks plus shipping and wondering if it was any good for thrashing

Can anyone recommend something around 2mm thickness? Im looking for a cheap slicer that will perform like the Skyline.

Enlan M027 came in today. Like the other two it has perfect centering and snug, early lockup with zero play. This one has the best blade finish of the three (perfect). I also discovered something unexpected with this one. While I have some wood handled folders (like Opinels), I have no modern styled folders with wood scales because the look never appealed to me. I actually bought this knife despite the wood scales, since I liked the size and blade shape of the knife. However, upon arrival, it was love at first feel :)D). The scales are solid wood (rosewood? teak?) rather than laminated and they are completely smooth so they slide in and out of the pocket with ease, but they are also quite grippy when moderate pressure is applied. In other words, I can put my thumb lightly on one of the scales and slide it back and forth with very little friction, yet with the application of a little pressure my thumb sticks tight to the wood surface. I imagine this might disappear with a wet hand, but it's still cool. In any case, the warm, smooth wood scales feel great in the hand. I now kinda wish I'd bought the EL-01 model with wood scales instead of the tan G-10. Oh, well. They're cheap enough. I'll just buy another one. :D:thumbup:

The EL-02b!
I never liked the one with micarta handles because of some aesthetic issues so i sold it.
A few days gone by and i saw that the EL-02b was out so i decided to go for it.
It's amazing for the money.
It's very sharp!
With a little thumb action and it flies open, I love it:D
I like the stonewashed blade. It gives it a very nice look!
The thing that is intriguing me the most is the G-10 handles.
Why?
Because they look like carbon fiber to me!!! No kidding!!
Overall is the same as the regular but nicer:D
The only thing i don't like is the lock!
It's strong, don't get me wrong but it's a little sharp! It has a little cut in it that tears the skin!

52194459.jpg

39738304.jpg

What kind of tool do you use to tighten it?

Any new models for srm, enlan and bee? Seems to be rather slow lately. How does the axis lock spring look like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back