Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

I was looking at my John Lloyd this afternoon, and came across some Photos of them, here's a nice lot of Lloyds with Stunning Stag......each and every one!

Duncan, my friend, I missed this last Saturday because of the forum update! Your Lloyd collection is absolutely stunning. What beautiful Stag, thank you so much for sharing them. Please feel free to post them more often. I feel confident you will hear no complaints! :thumbsup::cool::D

I am posting a previously used photo for starting this Saturday!
#53 Northfield TK Cuban, Natural Stag

32401888766_cfc078846a_b_d.jpg

... here's a nice lot of Lloyds with Stunning Stag......each and every one!
Remarkable knives, Duncan! :thumbsup: John Lloyd always turns out stag handles that I think are outstanding!

I am posting a previously used photo for starting this Saturday!
#53 Northfield TK Cuban, Natural Stag
That's a winner, Ron! :cool: For some reason, the covers remind me of a chocolate malted (and that's a VERY GOOD thing). :thumbsup::D

My newest stag, just in this week. 4" closed length.
Jeff, that's a distinctive knife! :thumbsup: Stag is superb, interesting blade combo and unique frame shape for what I take to be a stockman variation. :cool::cool:

This is a stretch, but I've been carrying this big Marbles leg knife all week, and there is a stag "section" between the bolster and the black spacers above the scrimshawed bone. :rolleyes: The thread title commands, "Let us see some stag", but it doesn't specify how much stag we should display. ;)
D2xLUE2.jpg

- GT

Thanks, GT, the unique and distinctive quality is what made me fall for this one at first sight.

Sweet bottle opener Duncan!

Here's a newer stag addition for me. W.C. Davis "Loveless" Semi-Skinner. Sort of a rare configuration since it has no bolster or guard like is found on almost all W.C. Davis' "Loveless" knives. Also has his early Raymore, MO maker mark. Really nice in the hand, and the stag and sheath show a nice age even though the knife doesn't appear to have ever been carried or used. It's been sitting in a few collections for a long time I assume.

View attachment 700266

View attachment 700267

Beautiful Examples being shown!! Thank You all! :thumbsup:
Those Lloyd's are Exceptional Duncan!! :cool::cool::cool:

An older Schatt, I believe it's original....... Stag is somewhat scarce on the older Schatts from what I've been told.
DSC00966.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

Another Lloyd to join Duncan's Bevy of Beauties!!
IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Dave

My friends Ron, GT, Jake and Dave...

@Ron, Handsome 53! What a great looking Knife!

@GT, That French Katie is a Sweet example- I bought a Stag example for my wife who uses it now and then which for Sue is awesome, and it has a great Patina, and the Stag will just keep getting better the more it's used.
@Jake- Thank you- yeah I thought that Bottle opener was simply too good to pass by! Sweet Davis Those Loveless's will never die out I'm thinking.

@Dave That Stag Schatt is just a real beautiful little knife! Well not so small - sleek would be a better description -whats the length of that beauty Dave? What a awesome find. That Lloyd is something else as well:thumbsup::cool:

Thank you for your kind comments..
I hang my head in shame as I sold the far left- the new owner offered it back to me but I had too much going on to take up the offer- something I regret - ( if the owner is watching this ?)
The two middle STUNNERS I let a friend who just about had seizures when viewing these Knives - manage to slip them from my hands- more regrets as I know I will never get them back, the Far Right is my precious- NO One will take this from me :) one of my earlier one from John- I think John is amazing, I have never met him but apparently a very nice person - I know he does very nice work!!!!!

Thank you for the comments Gents

That's a winner, Ron! :cool: For some reason, the covers remind me of a chocolate malted (and that's a VERY GOOD thing). :thumbsup::D

Gary, I appreciate your compliment and I also agree that a chocolate malted is indeed a VERY GOOD thing! :D

Sorry Duncan, I'm no where near my knives at this time and I can't remember exactly but I'm thinkin in the 3 3/8" range.

Dave

Picked up this very cool Bottle Opener the other day - with Beautiful Stag...

I was looking at my John Lloyd this afternoon, and came across some Photos of them, here's a nice lot of Lloyds with Stunning Stag......each and every one!

They look great Duncan So many knives, so little time?

Thank You Dave!

Allan, nice to hear from you- and thank you Sir! All I need to do is win Lotto to be able to Conquer the "so many Knives- so Little time" thing!!!:D

Back