Surge or Charge Tti?

I think i'm going to go with the surge, bitkit and maybe the extender. I like how the surge has interchangeable bosch compatable saws, replacement file if anything breaks and has larger scissors. The bladesteel doesn't matter too much as it won't be a primary knife. The sheath i believe will fit both bit kit things, correct me if i'm wrong. The sheath can be worn horizontally, right? I don't like how the charge has the crimper in the middle of the pliers either.

I think i'm going to go with the surge, bitkit and maybe the extender. I like how the surge has interchangeable bosch compatable saws, replacement file if anything breaks and has larger scissors. The bladesteel doesn't matter too much as it won't be a primary knife. The sheath i believe will fit both bit kit things, correct me if i'm wrong. The sheath can be worn horizontally, right? I don't like how the charge has the crimper in the middle of the pliers either.

Some time ago I gave a Surge a trial run lasting several months and found some things to deal with. One is sharp edges on the handles that can get pretty uncomfortable when firmly gripping the tool. I don't know if that would bother you, but it sure was an issue for me. Those can be smoothed out with sandpaper or file, which I did, but still never found the Surge entirely comfortable in use. Another is weight. At first, I didn't think it would be much of a problem, but found that after several hours of packing it in a sheath with all the goodies, it did a number on my hip. Once again, an individual matter, you might be fine with it.
Yes, the sheath can be worn horizontally. I tried it, but after some use the velcro dIdn't hold very well and sometimes the Surge would fall out. I wound up using the sheath in vertical mode for accessories and carrying the Surge in my jeans pocket by belt hanger, which worked well enough, but if going that route I might as well carry a compact kit with dedicated tools. Since the whole point of multitools is a compromise between compact portability and tool effectiveness, I decided that the Surge was just over the line. But that's just me, you might have a different take.

After experiencing both, I went with a Charge (don't care for the crimper either, but oh well), but still consider the Surge with the bit kit and extender a good choice for the reasons you stated. Have fun :) .

Ok, here's the final decision. Thanks for your weigh in guys, next multi i get will be the charge. But i'm going with the surge for two reasons. 1, i'm curious and for the reasons stated above think it's a good choice. 2, seeing as how when family asks me what i need/want for christmas i can specify, and my birthday not so much, i'll get all the big things like the bits and such, since theyre interchangeable. But heres the list

-Surge
-Bit Kit
-Driver extender
-Pocket clip (not for carry, for holding when fishing and stuff)

The Waves still the best IMO. I like the Charge too and the Surge when I handled on was too big. I can see it hitting the floor as my Wave does this on occasion. They're all quality + than the other brands I think.

I've got the Wave, Charge, and Surge. If you can take the weight, the Surge is really nice. It has outboard scissors that are WAY more robust than the Charge, more like mini shears. The Awl is great on the Surge too, very beefy. Pliers are larger, pretty much like REAL pliers. At the end of the day, the Wave has most of the tools the Charge does for far less money. Heck I picked my last one up for like $30 off the forums, so for your smaller tool you might consider it. Or check out the Charge AL. It has all the features and comfort of the TTi but with more economical handle material so the price is better and it weighs just a hair less if I recall. I actually prefer it to the TTi as I like 154CM and I like the black handles.

Back