• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Ask yourselves this...

How many reputable makers and companies are producing knives with MagnaCut? Including many of the largest and most popular concerns with a presence on these forums.

How many of our forum members here have been buying these knives, fixed and folding, from this multitude of custom makers and manufacturers?

Outside of Survive!, where is all the wailing and gnashing of teeth? Where are all the threads listing flaws in edge retention, heat treat, cosmetics, grinding, warping, pits, and various and sundry other defects?

It speaks for itself. And, even giving the devil his due...let's say there were some issues, for argument's sake. Why in the world would any person of character try to bend NSM over and leverage their issues into a settlement worth many times their investment into the material they are reporting as unsuitable? And how many times has this allegation of unsuitability been trotted out over the years to cover up non-fulfillment of orders paid up front?

And yet he still tries an end run around NSM and approaches Crucible to try to get his hands on MagnaCut? Why in the world would he want even more of this material? Who's zooming who?

I would argue that a reasonable person would find that the overwhelming preponderance of the evidence all points in one direction where a finding of fault can be made.

Use your common sense.

a brilliant man once postulated that if we are given two completing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, that the explanation with the least assumptions is the optimal choice.
While it's statistically possible that Guy Seiferd is the most unlucky man in the universe, it's more probable he's incapable of running a knife business.

a brilliant man once postulated that if we are given two completing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, that the explanation with the least assumptions is the optimal choice.
While it's statistically possible that Guy Seiferd is the most unlucky man in the universe, it's more probable he's incapable of running a knife business.

That's about as generous a summation as can be made, given his proclivity for dissembling.

It has been a few days since El_Bwhatever posted the screenshot of the private text between Guy and NSM. As far as I can tell, Guy has not posted this anywhere else. Guy has also not posted any lab results.

In other news, S!K is selling knives that are available for immediate delivery while not fulfilling customer orders from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and this year.

In other news, S!K is selling knives that are available for immediate delivery while not fulfilling customer orders from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and this year.

What steel is he using in those?

What steel is he using in those?
Elmax and k890 according to the site. He was offering m390 for a few like the guy above said, but nothing listed in that steel on the site I right now it looks. Think he had said he can’t get Bohler over .150” thick without paying some stiff tariffs or something. Most of his models are above that thickness but those two are .15 thick models. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a load of Bohler steel before they caught wind of his business practices and now they’ve cut him off, so he’s working through what he has…let’s hope

Thanks, guys. I mean, fellas.

I think that Survive! is finding that actions have consequences...and not necessarily the consequences hoped for.

Probably should have accepted the generosity and olive branch when it had been extended, before deciding to go scorched earth and finding out he had burnt his bridges.

Thanks, guys. I mean, fellas.

I think that Survive! is finding that actions have consequences...and not necessarily the consequences hoped for.

Probably should have accepted the generosity and olive branch when it had been extended, before deciding to go scorched earth and finding out he had burnt his bridges.
I see what you did there....

Heavy Set Tactical has a new video and he is shilling HARD for Guy. Admits he is working there, and pretends that he is still being 100% objective. Claims they are shipping a lot of backlog orders and will be caught up soon...

LOL!

Heavy Set Tactical has a new video and he is shilling HARD for Guy. Admits he is working there, and pretends that he is still being 100% objective. Claims they are shipping a lot of backlog orders and will be caught up soon...
At the very end of the video, he says they'll have Magnacut available very soon. That's interesting given all that's happened...

This just in the UN has banned Guy from all steel on Earth! Don't worry you will still get the best knife in the universe at "Con Blades" formerly know as Survive Knives. We got it all together now and your blades will ship shortly we just need for you to place some orders to gain how much interest there is for these Cosmic Blades. As we speak Guy is boarding a space craft he borrowed from the Greys and will fly to the deep space to mine ore for his new Cosmic Blades. These knives will be so much better than anything those crappy Earth manufacturers can do. Guy will perform the wobble with a delta 3 jack hammer and forge the space ore in the gravity well of a super massive black hole and the quasar will heat the ore to perfection and remove impurities.

This just in Guy has undergone a delay because the quasar was not putting out the raw energy it was suppose to so Guy will file a lawsuit and sue the Creator. As soon as the Legion of Angels show up with their blades Guy will sell them to you as a 2nd and you will get them as soon as they are inspected to insure they meet Guy's perfection standards.

Please be patient because at Con Blades our blades keep the cosmos safe and will keep you safe too.
Guy also has plans to fight the Angel guarding the Garden of Eden and taking his flaming sword and forge it into GSO Blades but of course they are limited in number so send Guy money now to lock in this once in a life time deal.

Seriously if you order from Survive at this time after 285 pages of Truth then the wait time is on you.

There was a Reddit post over the weekend from a fellow who was been waiting for a Magnacut GSO 5.1 for over a year. When he contacted support he was told they were coming soon, then he stopped getting replies when he asked about a refund.

Another guy in the comments ordered the same knife and was promised it would ship in 90 days...he got a refund by having a lawyer send them a letter over 10 months later, after Survive ghosted him and ignored his BBB complaint.

A majority of the commenters seemed to know about Survive and their poor business practices...one poor guy said his order was filled 5.5 years later and he was happy with what he got 🤷‍♂️

I know none of this will be shocking to you guys. Any time Survive comes up I link to this thread and encourage people to spend their money elsewhere.

...one poor guy said his order was filled 5.5 years later and he was happy with what he got 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn't have willingly waited 5.5 years for Heidi Klum. But I suppose I'd have been happy if she showed up unexpectedly.

A knife from Guy. Fat chance.

The older I get, the more I appreciate how time is literally the most valuable commodity we have. Guy’s not just hanging on to people’s money and/or property; he’s wasting people’s time.

There’s too many great knives out there to sit round waiting for one from S!K. I promise, they aren’t that good.

The older I get, the more I appreciate how time is literally the most valuable commodity we have. Guy’s not just hanging on to people’s money and/or property; he’s wasting people’s time.

There’s too many great knives out there to sit round waiting for one from S!K. I promise, they aren’t that good.
Accurate

Back