T.R.E. Three Rapid Exchange LionSTEEL

Glad to hear it. I've been really enjoying this little knife. I got mine from Lamnia in Finland for way under $200. Not sure how the exchange rate is now though. They are a BF Dealer and were very responsive. Shipping took like 6 days.

Yes I originally had the Ti version on order there (cancelled due to perceived detent issues) and now that I want the G10 orange they're sold out. I'm on the email wait list but wouldn't mind spending a little more to have it now but still no one has them in stock. (BWL doesn't have one on eBay, BTW)

I'm still doing well with mine, but I can also confirm I am having to readjust the pivot every few days or so. Might apply some loctite see how that works.It's still flipping well, but I'm still really liking the thumb disk best. Debating on removing the flipper tab altogether. Guess that's the fun of this knife!

I'm still doing well with mine, but I can also confirm I am having to readjust the pivot every few days or so. Might apply some loctite see how that works.

The more you flip or flick it open the more you'll see the pivot coming loose. This happens on all models. As the pivot comes loose not only will the blade go off center but the blade will have side to side blade play. So, you either keep tightening the pivot just enough or use blue loctite on the pivot screw.

It would be nice for LionSteel to offer owners the ability to order a package of screws for servicing the TRE. Given how small these are, even the torx recesses can be damaged when adjusting things.

I will introduce the "TRE screws KIT" in September just after our Summer holiday.

I will introduce the "TRE screws KIT" in September just after our Summer holiday.

That is good customer service, Gianni, and I congratulate you.

But, may I ask -- can't you make a change in manufacturing so that the pivot doesn't need constant adjusting?

For those who are waiting for their TRE exchange to arrive, I got this today:

Thank you for your message, we're enjoying our summer holidays, we'll be back at the office on the 25th and we'll answer to you, thank you very much!

Grazie per averci contattato, siamo in ferie e saremo di nuovo in ufficio il 24/8 e risponderemo al messaggio, grazie!

Gianni Pauletta
www.lionsteel.it

Finally got my wanted orange G10 version in. It's somehow smaller than I expected, but damn sure sharp as hell and visually appealing. The flipping action was pretty blah at first, and it seemed like there was too much drag on the pivot. I loosened the screw but that just threw the blade off center. So I disassembled it partially, oiling the bearings and detent, and now it's much much smoother and has less resistance...flippable without having to really crank on it.

It's a pleasure to hold, and the rounded spine is just sumptuous to touch...a great choice that sets the TRE apart and gives it a super high-class embellishment. Anyway, just my two cents!

Here's the latest on my three TRE folders: G-10, TI and CF.

The Orange G-10 is still the original I ordered direct from LionSteel. It has a satin blade finish and flips the best of any TRE I have. Pretty smooth too. The only issue was that after a while the pivot would come loose with side-to-side blade play and so eventually I applied blue loctite and it's all good now. It took a lot of flips for the pivot to come loose.

The TI Blue was also a direct order from LionSteel with a satin blade. The detent was weak on that one. Sent it back and the new one has much better flipper action but not as good as the G-10 model. The new one came with a stonewashed blade which does not look great and had about a half centimeter square scratch on it. The pivot did also come loose with the side-to-side blade play but fixed it with blue loctite. The TI is my smoothest model. However, the detent is still on the weak side compared to the G-10 model. I can actually open it four ways: flipper, thumb disc, pinching on the blade and inertia by just flicking it upside down. It opens very well with the thumb disc so I guess it's a good compromise.

The CF is the roughest one so far. The original also had a weak detent and was sent back for a new one. It also has that dirty stonewashed blade finish. The detent is similar to my TI Blue above but not as smooth. I may make this a thumb disc only. I really like the ergos of the little thumb disc. The CF also needed loctite for the pivot.

With the TRE loctiting you have to do it so that the blade is centered, no side-to-side blade play and good flipper action.

My G-10 has the best detent and flips very good. The TI is the smoothest and flips good. The CF flips the worst and is not smooth. I can open the TI & CF via inertia alone. Not so with the G-10. Wish all had the same detent as the G-10. Personally, it still would not suffer from thumb disc opening.

Also, I prefer the LionSteel satin finish over their dirty stonewash.

I'm happy with my G-10 & TI. Not so much with the CF. Not worth the price.

Hi, Gianni.

I sent two emails, two weeks apart, to info at LS asking whether you had received my Ti TRE for exchange.

No pressure, just want to make sure it's not somehow lost -- I haven't received any confirmation that you received it.

I also asked that you install BOTH the thumb disc and flipper, please -- my first thumb disc was difficult to install.

Thanks!

Hi, Gianni.

I sent two emails, two weeks apart, to info at LS asking whether you had received my Ti TRE for exchange.

No pressure, just want to make sure it's not somehow lost -- I haven't received any confirmation that you received it.

I also asked that you install BOTH the thumb disc and flipper, please -- my first thumb disc was difficult to install.

Thanks!

flash,

I just shipped my TRE G-10 via USPS registered international priority mail to Lionsteel in Italy to have them fix a weak detent. Based upon my research, best case scenario is that LS will receive it in two weeks or so and worst case is in 4-6 weeks.

Last edited:
Here's the latest on my three TRE folders: G-10, TI and CF.

The Orange G-10 is still the original I ordered direct from LionSteel. It has a satin blade finish and flips the best of any TRE I have. Pretty smooth too. The only issue was that after a while the pivot would come loose with side-to-side blade play and so eventually I applied blue loctite and it's all good now. It took a lot of flips for the pivot to come loose.

The TI Blue was also a direct order from LionSteel with a satin blade. The detent was weak on that one. Sent it back and the new one has much better flipper action but not as good as the G-10 model. The new one came with a stonewashed blade which does not look great and had about a half centimeter square scratch on it. The pivot did also come loose with the side-to-side blade play but fixed it with blue loctite. The TI is my smoothest model. However, the detent is still on the weak side compared to the G-10 model. I can actually open it four ways: flipper, thumb disc, pinching on the blade and inertia by just flicking it upside down. It opens very well with the thumb disc so I guess it's a good compromise.

The CF is the roughest one so far. The original also had a weak detent and was sent back for a new one. It also has that dirty stonewashed blade finish. The detent is similar to my TI Blue above but not as smooth. I may make this a thumb disc only. I really like the ergos of the little thumb disc. The CF also needed loctite for the pivot.

With the TRE loctiting you have to do it so that the blade is centered, no side-to-side blade play and good flipper action.

My G-10 has the best detent and flips very good. The TI is the smoothest and flips good. The CF flips the worst and is not smooth. I can open the TI & CF via inertia alone. Not so with the G-10. Wish all had the same detent as the G-10. Personally, it still would not suffer from thumb disc opening.

Also, I prefer the LionSteel satin finish over their dirty stonewash.

I'm happy with my G-10 & TI. Not so much with the CF. Not worth the price.

I didnt know there were different finish (satin and stonewashed), i thought they were all the same. I ordered a TI grey, hope it's satin finished. Do you have some picutres so we wan compare?

Sorry for all the delay in this time... we were closed for our Summer Holiday.
Now we are working again and we will try to recover all the delay in a short time.
Anyway, good summer time with a very nice weather. :)

Hello,

I purchased a T.R.E. Three Rapid Exchange LionSTEEL and the flipper is not flipping the blade totally open. Maybe half way. Is there something wrong with the knife, is there something I can adjust on the knife.

Thank you.

Anyone else having difficulty removing the clip? Removed the screw and it will not budge. I don't want to tap it out and possibly damage the threads.

Anyone else having difficulty removing the clip? Removed the screw and it will not budge. I don't want to tap it out and possibly damage the threads.

It was tough on mine but doable.

Yes of course that you can move the clip from one site to the other.
Follow these steps:
- take away the clip screw (it is in the opposite side of the clip)
- push out the screws in from the opposite side of the clip.
- after that you can take away the clip.
- remember that when you fix the clip the screw MUST be always in the opposite side of the clip

I didnt know there were different finish (satin and stonewashed), i thought they were all the same. I ordered a TI grey, hope it's satin finished. Do you have some picutres so we wan compare?

Did you get yours already? Satin or stonewashed?

If you still need a picture of the satin and stonewashed side-by-side I'll take one this weekend.

Thanks I finally got it out. I used a small flat punch and the pin came right out. When switching for left-handed carry I had to use the flat punch to secure the pin as it wobbled a bit even after fastening it with the screw.

Did you get yours already? Satin or stonewashed?

If you still need a picture of the satin and stonewashed side-by-side I'll take one this weekend.

Not yet, i'm still waiting for it to be re-supplied. If you have time to take a picture, yes, thaht would be nice, thank you ! :)

Back