Thank-you Aluminum Overcast

I want to thank you, Aluminum Overcast, for your wonderful pics that you post. Please post as many as you'd like! They are all very interesting and I learn soooooo much from them. I usually change my wallpaper once a week and ever since you posted pics of your WB I've pretty much been using pics that you have taken as wallpaper. Thank-you, and keep up the good work.

Crayola,

Thank you:) It is my pleasure. I am glad you like the photos. Anytime you need to see additional photos, let me know.

Regards,
Shelby

Shelby,

I think you need to buy some more Striders so we can see more pictures :D

How about a new GS my favorite Strider (besides Mick of course ;) ).

S.

SideWinder,

As I buy more, you can count on the fact that I will take more photos! Plus I am getting a new camera soon so you will see better results. :)

Shelb

I second and third that Shelby.......those pics definitely make my big toe shoot up in my boot. The Strider guys website would be killer with those type of detailed pics. I would love to see a montage type poster with all the Strider models for sale as well.
Anyway......good job and you seem to be a hell of a photog.

Cheers,

Hal

I have to thank you too Shelby! BTW, what new camera are you getting?

John

Ketsugo,

Thank you three!

I've already used up Thank you and Thank you too. hehe

I will be getting a Sony F707 and a new macro and telephoto lense. Also thinking about getting a Contax G2. My buddy may be selling his but I still love my classic AE-1p. Do you shoot 35mm a lot?

Shelby

I do. And only 35mm at this point in time. I really need a good film scanner to get the best results for web stuff. I have over $15K in L series glass. I really want an EOS-1D so I can use all my glass but can't see spending $5k+ for a digital body. I shoot asignments from time to time for a local newspaper as time permits.

This pic is from a recent dog show in the area. Made the cover of the "Local" section.

orig.jpg

Ketsugo,

Impressive hardware!

Now that's an awesome shot! I wish I could dedicate more time in photography. Architecture eats up a lot of time and I find I can take photos on weekends or at night which I don't mind at all. I hope to one day, take a couple of days off from work and just shoot.

I have a fat pug.

Shelby

Pugs are great little snorting dogs with tons of personality! I have four dogs. My best friend "Thunder" my Rottweiler,
image-display

a Standard Poodle that was a rescue (he has epilepsy) and two Bichons. I love shoting macro stuff too, but that is where digital shines IMO.

Here is a night shot of one of my MANY watches.

orig.jpg

I am a dog lover myself. But here are a few photos I took of a feline.

fe21dd72.jpg.orig.jpg

fe21dd9d.jpg.orig.jpg

These photos were taken in September when I was in Bali, Indonesia. (AE-1 Manual)

fe298604.jpg.orig.jpg

fe298596.jpg.orig.jpg

fe298546.jpg.orig.jpg

MISC: After seeing your spectacular "Sinn" luminova photo, it reminded me of a shoot I did on my Omega. I added it to the bottom.

fe16dd4a.jpg.orig.jpg

fe16dce3.jpg.orig.jpg

fe16dcec.jpg.orig.jpg

fe16db7c.jpg.orig.jpg

Shelby

Great stuff! Man, you are a night owl. Do you know about http://www.photo.net?

This I also had published (crappy flatbed scan).
image-display

image-display

Some of my Dive watches..
image-display

image-display

orig.jpg

image-display

image-display

image-display

orig.jpg

My 1949 Vacheron...
image-display

:p
Shelby, I love those 'fenders' in front of the Car! :p :p :D
Great shots Guys!
Warmest wishes,
Oliver

Ketsugo,

Great shots! Don't worry about the flatbed, I can see the quality through the photo. I like fast shutter work and action stills. My scanner is a dinosaur as well. I can see you're a watch fiend. The SeaHunter in the middle is very interesting. I lik the bezel. Looks like an Explorer 1 type. By now, I am sure you're on "timezone.com"? I used to post there every now and then as "ghostgum". Nice filter work with the stars on the dive watches. The old Vacheron must be a rare one. Hey, Thunder looks like he can kick some arse!

Gotta head to the office!
Shelby

The Zeno GMT is #40 of 100 made. Just a little clarification, the Exp I has a smooth bezel with NO text. It's a Rolex GMT II that has the same style bezel.

I have a "classic" posted at TimeZone.

How to polish your Rolex.

So, I thank Aluminum Overcast for his awesome pics of war knives and when I check back all I see on this thread is pics of slobbering dogs and fish? SHEESH!! :D

Those are all good pics. Sometime I'll get a digicam and stip just using my scanner and a towel!

Back