Thank-you Aluminum Overcast

AluminumOvercas is the winner
:D .Damn dude you take some Bad Ass pics. Did you go to school to learn this, or are you self taught.

Keep up the great work.

Matt

Sniper,

You're making me blush. Thanks. I only took photography in architecture college for a semester because it was a requirement. My professor said all architects should know how to take decent photos and that it will aid our mind's eye in design. Before that, I had no interest in it. But after obtaining my AE-1 35mm, I became interested in it again. It grew from there.

Ketsugo has great shots and really professional work. I believe all photographers aren't competing, rather, it is a display of their visual art for others to feel and turn images into contextual thoughts. Some people don't like my photos. It's a matter of taste as well. Take a painting for example. Some people understand it. Some don't. Everyone has their own style and it makes basically all photographers different and unique and thus, makes the world a more interesting place. :)

Regards,
Shelby

Well your teacher wasnt shitting you. I have been intrested in it some what but I guess I have just never really had the chance. What would be a good Digital camera to start with that wont cost me an arm or leg.

Thanks
Matt

Shelby,
Thanks for the kind words. I very much admire your work as well. And yes, photographers don't compete and I feel sorry for those who don't understand this. It's like saying "Da Vinci vs. Picasso". I'm not saying I'm a Da Vinci or a Picasso, just trying to drive home the point. I enjoy all different styles, as variety is the spice of life.

Best regards,
JW

P.S. If you haven't checked out http://www.photo.net, do it. You will be glad you did!

Sniper,

What would you consider the cost of an arm and a leg and I could help you navigate from there. ;)

Shelby

If your camera savvy, consider a Nikon 995. It's NOT a camera for idiots though. Can be complicated to use w/o a full understanding of it's vast controls.

sd100.jpg

JW

Ketsugo,

Thanks for your kind words as well.

Man you have a hell of a Submariner. Looks brand new in every shot and am sure it is greatly assisted by your polishing methods. I may consider getting one (if I can find one). The steel subs are getting harder and harder to come by. Almost like the steel daytona. I've datejusts for now but am also interested in a seadweller.

Sniper,

As Ketsugo recommended, the Coolpix995 is a great camera. I would go with that or the new Sony 7505. You can pick it up for $925-$1000. I have one of those on order. At 5 megapixels and many improved features over the one I have now (f505v), it will take much better pictures as well with "full manual" function. Keep in mind it has a 58mm thread diameter as supposed to the common 52mm.

Shelby

Some time durring this week Ill try and get some pics up, with the camera I have here at work.

matt

Shelby,
That is a Sea-Dweller, not a Submariner. It's not mine, but a friends who uses a 995. Here are more of his pics with a 995 of a CHEAP knife.

her1.jpg

her4.jpg

And a pic of HIS Rolex's.

7.jpg

And one of his mint vintage 5513 Submariner.

subw.jpg

His Explorer's.

flo1.jpg

te5.jpg

te3.jpg

tec.jpg

All shot with the 995.

JW

Ketsugo,

Oops, I didn't notice the mising cyclops. wow, nice photos indeed. The 995 kicks arse. The only reason why I didn't get the 990/995 was because of it's looks. It's not cool looking but the performance kicks!! I'm hoping the f707 will be a big difference compared to the f707. The reviews of it say it's much better but I'll have to try it for myself.

Shelby

How well does the Submariner perform. I hear that Rolexs keep the worst time.

Matt

I looking at the Rolex site right now and I just seen that the Oyster Sea-Dweller is Freaking Sick. It goes 4000ft. deep, that is the crazist Sh!t I ever heard of.

Matt

You heard VERY wrong. Automatic watches will never keep time the way a quartz does. My Rolex's are within 2 seconds a day. That is VERY good for an auto. BTW, 4000 feet is NOTHING! Here is a watch rated to 39,600 feet!

4.jpg

The Sea-Dweller is the best dive watch period. IMHO.

JW

No sir. That would be RKNY who is a Jack-Ass. My friend does post on the TZ Rolex forum and on my forum. His name is Jocke and he is from Sweden.

Here are some SUPER close up 995 Macro shots. These are the stick markers on one of his Rolex DJ's.

qw5.jpg

qw6.jpg

JW

Back