The Best fake yet

I think the only way to tell would be to tighten the pivot till it stops and see if you can open the knife. Chinese will never duplicate the pivot bushing, ever. It would take too much time to make one in mass quantity.

P.S. wouldnt it be a shame if the factory that made these had an unfortunate fire that started for no reason whatsoever that i didnt start?

I didn't say they were destroying the high end knife market, I said they were destroying the United State economy by selling their counterfeit goods. They've been doing so since the mid 70's. Thank Nixon and Kissinger (mostly) for our current relations with China. As far as innovation: what ever we do, China will do it and sell it for cheaper, just to undermine and torpedo our position.

I think you will find that, as with NAFTA, the President who signed the treaty giving China permanent status as a regular trading partner ("most favored nation status) was named William Jefferson Clinton. He said it would result in more jobs in the U.S.A.

Update apparently other fakes are coming out from another manufacturer in china.
262t7qr.jpg

szyih2.jpg

ix85yw.jpg

Those two last pictures have me worried. I had a small Regular but damn, that is really hard to tell apart from the real thing! Except for the logo not being there and I cant see dates in the Ti handles.

Looks like the chinese have been checking out my work, too. As the top pic is awfully close to the work I do. I never grind away the CR logo, so I know for a fact the top one is not my work.

I too, would like to see photos of the inside of this knock off.

I'm not sure about the one with the BarryH style scale, but the Regular Sebenza copies were made by the same guy that was brought up earlier in this thread.

Whenever you make a major purchase (like a Sebenza) it's always a good idea to do a lot of research before pulling out your wallet.

Haze, I understand what you're saying about not highlighting the differences between counterfeits and genuines in public forums as a way of deterring the improvement of copycats. But I can also see the flip side of that coin -- people who aren't knowledgeable about the knives they want to buy should be educated on what to look for.

It's a tough call, but I think I would lean towards the latter. As you said, it's hard to machine a perfect copy without the right tools and schematics. If the fakers can get their hands on one copy of the real article then that's as good as having someone point out the obvious flaws on a forum. It all comes down to their resources and eye for detail.

It's also worth keeping in mind that we are looking at two very different fake knives here. One is a cheap knock off that leves much to be desired, the other is a faithful copy that cost about the same as a real Sebenza. They are no less disgusting than each other of course.

Looks like the chinese have been checking out my work, too.....

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!! I've admired your work a lot as well although I HATE fakes and would only buy the real thing!!! A well-made fake is still a FAKE! I'd rather have a cheap real knife than a fake even if the quality was on par with the original.

Last edited:
I think you will find that, as with NAFTA, the President who signed the treaty giving China permanent status as a regular trading partner ("most favored nation status) was named William Jefferson Clinton. He said it would result in more jobs in the U.S.A.

Yup, more jobs for more representatives monitoring eBay auctions and PayPal for more representatives to take the money and move it to China. Can't think of anymore jobs, maybe a few dockworkers to unload all of the bogus knives.

It's also worth keeping in mind that we are looking at two very different fake knives here. One is a cheap knock off that leves much to be desired, the other is a faithful copy that cost about the same as a real Sebenza. They are no less disgusting than each other of course.

Actually at first I also though it was by the maker of the high end $300 fakes(lochsa/sebenza), but these are actually made by a factory and the going price is around $65.

When the original fake came out I was thinking of buying one and doing a comparison but I figured that the differences were noticeable enough not to. With these I would actually think of doing it unfortunately I don't have a regular Sebenza just a large 21.

Actually at first I also though it was by the maker of the high end $300 fakes(lochsa/sebenza), but these are actually made by a factory and the going price is around $65.

Is it really so? I have never heard or seen Regular fakes... I still believe that these knives are made by that one guy, that was mentioned here before.

Have you any source that confirms that these Regulars are factory made?

The very same question I was about to post......

I doubt those fake Regulars are being pumped out a factory like the fake 21s we keep seeing. Those regulars have no CR logo and have a much higher quality of finish than any of the factory made fake knives seen so far.

Is it really so? I have never heard or seen Regular fakes... I still believe that these knives are made by that one guy, that was mentioned here before.

Have you any source that confirms that these Regulars are factory made?

The very same question I was about to post......

I doubt those fake Regulars are being pumped out a factory like the fake 21s we keep seeing. Those regulars have no CR logo and have a much higher quality of finish than any of the factory made fake knives seen so far.

Well I've been keeping up to date on all fakes mostly Strider fakes and posting what I've found on the USN, but I guess I'll order one of these and do a dissection. I'll try to pay through PP to have some protection on not be swindled out of $65.

As to the source, I have not seen any American site or anything in English advertise them but on a few Russian forums people have gotten a hold of them in the last few days.

Do you know the source for these knives is actually Chinese, or are they from Russia perhaps ?

Well I've been keeping up to date on all fakes mostly Strider fakes and posting what I've found on the USN, but I guess I'll order one of these and do a dissection. I'll try to pay through PP to have some protection on not be swindled out of $65.

As to the source, I have not seen any American site or anything in English advertise them but on a few Russian forums people have gotten a hold of them in the last few days.

Do you know the source for these knives is actually Chinese, or are they from Russia perhaps ?

Well they are not available on the regular websites yet, but I contacted one of the Chinese sellers (linked on the russian forum) yesterday about it and he said he would have more stock in the next few days. What he told is that another company was producing these out D2 also but that they are much higher quality than the ones before. He also offered me the old fake for $47 shipped.

Well they are not available on the regular websites yet, but I contacted one of the Chinese sellers (linked on the russian forum) yesterday about it and he said he would have more stock in the next few days. What he told is that another company was producing these out D2 also but that they are much higher quality than the ones before. He also offered me the old fake for $47 shipped.

$47 for the fakes in the pictures above? Or, are those the D2 fakes?

I would quite like to see one of these I think, but I am hesitant to buy one for obvious reasons.......

I would quite like to see one of these I think, but I am hesitant to buy one for obvious reasons.......

I don't understand how they could make such attractive knives (copying notwithstanding) for those prices, including shipping. + D2 blade steel. I'm referring to those pictured. I understand about lower ovehead and all but still? :confused:

My bucks are on hold Haze, how bout you buying one and giving a review. After you're done you can throw it out the window at those smoking skateboarders. :D

Wow, I can't believe how close the Regular clone is. I don't know if I can see a difference honestly (though I don't own a Regular), and I bet if someone listed that picture in the sale forum, I wouldn't second guess its authenticity. Even the edges along the lock bar cutout are milled back like a CRK.

Well i can tell you this much, i wouldn't buy any Chris Reeve off of ebay without a birth card. I would have to be very familiar with the seller...ie from the forums or long time seller with good feedback.

Back