The Best Offensive Weapon

Originally posted by fishface:
My goodness, how very very goofy this thread is! Nick the secret agent man seeks the best "offensive" knife, then after careful study considers the M.O.D LadyHawk, MT Socom,
Emerson Titanium La Griffe, and BM Spike for the same purpose? C'mon, this is not task-specific thinking, the MT is a big utility, the BM is a sleek stilletto, and the MOD and La Griffe are simply absurd as top choices for attacking rather than defending (not that they couldn'tt be used that way, but compare them to a Shrike, say).

BM Spike for stabbing
Emerson La Griffe and MOD Ladyhawk for throat slashing
Microtech SOCOM because it looks cool..

Not even worth responding.

[This message has been edited by Brian_Turner (edited 06-07-2000).]

Come on guys, the people of Singapore take their government sanctioned murders very seriously. Have you ever been caught chewing gum in one of their subways?

------------------
Semper Fi

Originally posted by Bronco:
Come on guys, the people of Singapore take their government sanctioned murders very seriously. Have you ever been caught chewing gum in one of their subways?

chewing gum is alright.you are just prohibited from selling it.

well, disregarding all the other issues, especially your authenticity, I don't see why you'd want a folder as your first choice. Offensive concealed knife, should be a fixed blade, and probably about 5 inches long at most for concealability. Silent quick draw would help too, I think an R.J. Martin Kwaiken or Wasabi would do well.

but u seem to be of dubious nature, you'd probably go for the hissatsu by ancient edge, total piece of crap, but it fits your bill, ever see one of their ads? "when a man is defined by his actions" LOL, what a stupid ad, i remember the way the knife was shot down in the review forums some months back LOL.

u want to get REALLY offensive, how about a syringe with a thick needle filled with some form of cyanide? that'd seem pretty awesome.

Just get a BM 42. Any balisong is good, closed it is defensive as well as open. I think someone has been watching too many James Bond movies and just put this post up just for shock value. Get a life.

nick, just get the Jedi light sabre made by maytexindustries. It's the latest in laser weaponry. It actually works and cuts. The only problem is cost and it goes through batteries fairly quickly.

I first read the initial thread here three days ago, and I have only now stopped laughing enough to be able to write. How about the tried and true technique of being a simple bystander in a subway croud then pushing your "target" in front of the speeding train to make it look like an accident? I hear there are a lot of subways in Singapore, and it has worked for me...OOPS! I think I said too much.

It is my understanding that the Ladyhawk and LaGriffe (one of which I will be getting for my wife, I hope she doesn't slit my throat!) were both designed to primarily attack the forearms to disable the hands, hence the relatively small blades on both, to prevent an attacker from using the blade to gain leverage over the knife and take it from the defender. I have played with a Ladyhawk and it was pretty slow into action because the blade was so buried in the handle. I am no physiologist or master martial artist, but it seems to me the blades on both are AWFUL short for 'shadowy, neck operations'. Of course, standard issue human beings are made a little smaller in Singapore, so maybe there is something to it!
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

-Scott

(This my be the first perpetual thread!)

Knives from United Cutlery, or S & W are offensive.

... Should I have said "offending"?

------------------
Did you enjoy today?
\(^o^)/ Mizutani Satoshi \(^o^)/

Nick....just get a screwdriver, sharpen it up and stick in the poor sap's head, and stir. Then walk away. They teach you that in the military I believe...
Sorry to dredge up this old offensive post but it just seemed so plain to me the solution.

Nick! Nick! Shame on you! You're just 17 and a secret agent man? Please! Thank god I didn't help you to purchase those knives that you wanted, God knows what you're going to do with it! I was kind enough to offer help to purchase knives for you and look what i found here? KUKU pointed me to this thread and I found a RAT! You dissapoint me BIG TIME! What are you going to do next? Offer me a "Ghillie" suit for knives? Please, shape up or ship out!

An offensive knife. That usage of language alone is politically incorrect. Honestly, I think if you were a secret agent, perhaps 008, then you should consult moneypenny. If that fails then I would call Trevelan to get a second opinion.

An offensive knife. That usage of language alone is politically incorrect. Honestly, I think if you were a secret agent, perhaps 008, then you should consult moneypenny. If that fails then I would call Trevelan to get a second opinion.

What I would do is have a giant picture of Thandie Newton, Britney Spears or Denise Richards in my pocket. When the enemy is about to strike take it out and show it to him. When he becomes aroused give him a nasty paper cut across the trachea.

Just got onto this topic.

OFFENSIVE is a legitemate knife topic in my book. But there is a better place on the forum for this topic. The first S/F knives were issued to the troops as a survival tool! PC attitudes MAKES ME MAD as does a million dead in Rowanda. Talking knives does not tell you how to use them. Butterfly and automatic's are banned in the UK because of hype. Millions of F/S Commando knives are sold every year.

nick1016
Here are my favoured offensive knives. Some are out of production but their design gives you the idea.

Al Mar Shaddow II, a long slim fixed bladed dagger that has the length to penetrate through bulky clothing and to reach deep into the body cavity.

Fairbain Sikes design if made to a high standard.

Applegate design.

The Benchmade Spike is on the short side.

There are better fighting knives, but your question was for offensive use. The above are of little use for anything else.

If undercover then a long screwdriver or fillet knife.

[This message has been edited by GREENJACKET (edited 06-22-2000).]

Offensive knife for Government wet work -
grow up, think about your line of work, and
pick something else - how about an accountant or linguist for the FBI?
frown.gif

The Benchmade Spike - good for nothing else?

Those guys discontinued the best folding paring knives on the market! Flat-ground to the spine, thin stock, precise point. The full-size Spike is one of the nicest folders to have if you want to make a sandwich or a salad, and the Mini-Spike is probably the best factory folder out there for coring an apple (the greengrocer's kind - I wouldn't know about Adam's!). The sushi chef up the street bought one from me as a decorating knife.

Or maybe he works for the black side of the Sunland-Tujunga Chamber of Commerce.
rolleyes.gif

And Rwanda is graphic and gory proof that the best working knife and the best offensive knife may be the same knife. Upwards of a million murdered, mostly machete work.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Back