The Collected Works of Bill Martino – A work in progress

Howard.

Few points that s/b added @ included in the FAQ:
  • Spring Leaf Steel ie. High Carbon 5160 & it's metallurgy.
  • Zone Hardening Process.
  • Other HI Products ie. Khanjarli, Bagh Marne.
  • Baraba @ Balance Khukuri & Chespeake Bay Knife Club Khukuri - I think s/b mentioned in Khukuri Style section.
  • Tell ie. Pakcik Bill Gorkha Brother s/b mentioned in Kamis section.
  • Nepali Terms Section - I think it should include various terms such as Himalayan Epoxy, Kamis, Cho, Chinnu etc.
  • Quotations of beautiful words.
Insyaa-Allaah! I will try my best to check for the appropriate URL pointers for your quick reference - later!

BTW - Please check your email box!

[This message has been edited by mohd (edited 26 September 1999).]

Howard feel free to use any of my reviews. If you get a chance you could correct my grammer.

Will

You know, all this seems very flattering to me. I am not sure I should be set up as the guru of khukuris, kamis and Nepal. I was just a visitor of sorts who looked around a lot and asked many questions. The real writers were old kamis and Gorkhas. I am just a reporter.

------------------
Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
http://members.aol.com/himimp/index.html

Bill,

I understand your feelings but the fact is that the information you have conveyed in your scattered notes and communications constitutes the best reference on Nepalese khukuris accessible to the internet community.

If you wish to write a few lines explaining your humble situation we can put them on the introductory page of the FAQ.

That should deter the hordes of pilgrims before they descend on the abode of the beer swilling, pot bellied merchant who just happens to know more about khukuris than any of his neighbors.
wink.gif

:
I agree.That was well said Howard.
And accurately too I might add.
smile.gif
hehehe

Howard I have looked all through the search here and although thee are references to the Chainpuri there are no pics.
I don't know if it is my browser or whatever,but I can't get the search to work in the old knifeforums.
frown.gif

Perhaps Uncle Bill will look for a pic of something else and run across the pix of the Chainpuri he must have in his file of 10,000 pix.
smile.gif

Baring that maybe someone with a real Chainpuri will either send you a scan or a pic of one.

I have to go see what else is new that you have put up.

------------------

>>>>---¥vsa---->®
Cornbread ain't s'possed ta be sweet!....Dagnabit gurl,whut did they teach you way up north in ....;) hehehe.

If you pay up like I say, you get the negatives and all copies. OK? And if you don't pay I send them to your wife and the National Enquirer.

OOOOOPS........ wrong url. And it was just a joke anyway. Trust me.

Yes,the pistol belt works well for supporting weight.You can also hook up doggie suspenders to a GI web belt,if your packing fence pliers and such.The LEO 2 1/4" would be fine,as well.

Uh huh. And Hemingway was just a guy who wrote some stories about fly fishing.

Let's face the facts. I can't make a khukuri, I never served as a Gorkha, I am not a Nepali or a kami. Like I said, I am a cub reporter trying to do a decent job.

If it weren't for you, Bill, the kamis wouldn't have any money coming in and we would think the things Atlanta Cutlery sells were kukries (sic -- we wouldn't know how to spell it right either). Give yourself a little credit! Or I'll whack you upside the head with a khukuri sheath!

-Cougar Allen :{)

Howard,

Great work! I hope you can add the info and pictures from KF too. And if you want to add anything from my posts (which I highly doubt), please feel free to do so. Are we seeing here the start of that much awaited, definitive book on all things khukuri? I really hope so!

And, Uncle Bill, I second Berkeley and Cougar Allen - give yourself some credit will ya? None of this would've happened if it weren't for you gettin' this crazy notion of selling hand-crafted khukuris from Nepal here in North America and elsewhere.

- Sonam

[This message has been edited by gtkguy (edited 29 September 1999).]

Howard -

In case you didn't catch it, I have the following small reccomended addition to the FAQ, originally from Yvsa:

Karda starts with a K
Knife starts with a K
Therefore, the Karda is the one with the edge.

------------------
Namaste,
Jeff Paulsen

"Oh, a magic khukuri. Why didn't you say so?"

Thx Howard! I would like to say thank you also for just doing the FAQ - it needed doing, and you are doing a great job with it.

------------------
Namaste,
Jeff Paulsen

"Oh, a magic khukuri. Why didn't you say so?"

Correct me if I am wrong, but will the FAQ also include information on how to properly burnish a khukuri blade? I am unsure if that will appear in Cliff's section on sharpening.

Harry

[This message has been edited by Kozak (edited 29 September 1999).]

Back