The Deer Hunter - Buck 118 Personal (permanent thread - keep adding)

It’s where everyone knows your name. Small town America. A town where a famous MLB World Series winning pitcher was born and grew up.

Knife arrived within a week of placing my order with Buck, and it is perfect. Never had any luck posting pics, but the fit and finish are perfect. The balance point of the knife is well within the handle portion and for control and precision cutting, this is preferred. Can’t wait until deer season. I would definitely recommend this knife to anyone who likes the look and materials of this 118 Limited. It handles better than it looks…., and it looks great. Just my $.02.

I finally caved in and ordered one of these.

This thread has been torturing me for too many years.
Another one, our work is going well! Hope you enjoy the Buck 118 as much as I enjoy owning/using mine. Deer season opens here soon, I was checking my gear and have a 118 in my deer hunting pack and another in my bass fishing bag. I'm ready for the fall. OH

Great thread. I have a 118 I bought a few years ago from Copper and Clad. I haven’t used it yet but I might take it in a couple of weeks when I take my daughter out for youth deer hunt here in Illinois.

She plans on using her 110 if she gets one but it will be her first deer so she might need some help. 02C13721-698D-4582-8335-F9E19CCAEBEC.jpeg

Great thread. I have a 118 I bought a few years ago from Copper and Clad. I haven’t used it yet but I might take it in a couple of weeks when I take my daughter out for youth deer hunt here in Illinois.

She plans on using her 110 if she gets one but it will be her first deer so she might need some help. View attachment 1931366
Nice group of 5160 knives.

She plans on using her 110 if she gets one but it will be her first deer so she might need some help. View attachment 1931366
Good luck to your daughter. Hope she bags a big one

Made a mistake bought this older 118 on that auction site, now I need more -perfect size for just about anything . came wiith the old buck box and documents as well.
Thank You Old Hunter for the thread. Enjoy Pete

118 side.jpg118.jpg

Mine arrived safe and sound.

Nice grinds, hair popping sharp, good feel and balance.
Now that I have the two side by side, I see the differences between the Pathfinder & the Personal.

I can understand why the Personal would lend itself well to unzipping critters.

Back