The Diamond Jack is Back!!

I've had these for few days, finally pulled out for comparison photo...

gWU60oK.jpg

Ron and Everyone: I know I'm whining:confused: unnecessarily. I could not agree with you more about how nice it is to have Charlie and GEC making these great, old knives for us to collect. I think my problem is, I anticipated a certain "look" to the Chestnut version and actually decided between the two colors based on all the photos. The one I got is very nice, but very different than the photos. Honestly, had I not seen all those photos with the very dark full length jigging, I would not be at all disappointed.

Enough on that. I'm happy to have a unique example:)

Alan, my post was definitely not intended towards anyone directly. It was just a general observation about all of the different Diamond Jacks that I have saw being posted. :)

I am looking at these photos of the variation in the jigging and wishing that the machine would have more issues more often!
Anyone who really dislikes it and wants to offload a chestnut- my PM details are above.

Alan, my post was definitely not intended towards anyone directly. It was just a general observation about all of the different Diamond Jacks that I have saw being posted. :)
Got ya! No, I was responding to, sort of "all". I don't like whiners and I felt myself being a whiner on these knives? I like mine. Actually, I should post the pile side. It's closer to my "ideal" expressed earlier. So again, I need to stop whining:);):(

Coincidentally mine arrived just after I joined the discussion. I'm not sure which style of jigging I got.

But I like them both. Might be a very tough call, but these may be the finest GECs I own. Shows what a difference good jigging makes.

Last edited:
Sabercat Sabercat
I would be thrilled to have those two specimens.
As they wear, they highs will show some nice character that came from the factory on others. Given some pocket time, I would bet those two particular knives come to look more beautiful and more interesting than they do now.

Coincidentally mine arrived just after I joined the discussion. I'm not sure which style of jigging I got.

But I like them both. Might be a very tough call, but these may be the finest GECs I own. Shows what a difference good jigging makes.

Nice! I could make that same photo - or close to it, anyway...I have the same three knives.

Back