The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Pr. Mike, thank you for leading our congregation in group confession. Coming from a Lutheran background, this is completely in line with my faith background and liturgical heritage. Forgive me for I have munged the flea market, and forgive me for I have sinned (I'm not sure where God stands on munging up the flea market). Keeping with the spirit of the thread, here is a big, un-original picture of a fiddleback that takes up lots of room.

Last edited:
In retrospect, I apologize if I have offended anyone. After a few beers I was entertaining myself by transferring mung from on thread to another. I have sinned. :( Didn't mean to mung up the thread. :rolleyes:

I wasn't up to see what you posted, nor (of course) do I know who might have read it. I do, however appreciate your continued reflection and consideration for the group. I think it is a real sign of maturity and reveals a good heart.

Given the extent of your sinning (based on its footprint in this thread), I'm afraid some penance may be required. Say... I don't know... maybe a tithe of your Fiddlebacks? 😱 😄 😉

We were all "mung" once. Then we grow up and read the forum rules and actually follow them most of the time. Being mung once is forgivable. Making a habit of it will test Pastor Michael's patience. If he offers you exorcism instead of absolution, that is a clue that you mung too much.

Phil

Lol, Phil. But this is not (of course) about my patience. It is about the patience of one another, Andy, and our Bladeforums overlords...I mean...er.... hosts and moderators. 😉 We are all guests here (and we were all young and "mung" in our time here), and I'd like to believe we all want this to be as welcoming and positive place in the newbie's lives as it has been for us.

I didn't create this thread to provide us a place to vent about those who haven't learned their lesson yet. My hope is that it is a lighthearted look at how most of us break the official rules on a regular basis. My own single Bladeforums infraction is for saying "nice snag" in a sales thread. The knife was one I wanted, but was a minute too slow. The item was already sold. I wanted to congratulate the purchaser, attempting to be friendly. I broke the rules. I learned and moved on. Some of us are slower learners, especially in an environment that is less strictly moderated, where the rules AREN'T hard and fast. Maybe recent mangers can see this, laugh at themselves, and learn their lesson. Maybe we can message this thread link to offenders. I don't know. But I hope it is something that promotes (rather than destroys) community around here.

Michael

Pr. Mike, thank you for leading our congregation in group confession. Coming from a Lutheran background, this is completely in line with my faith background and liturgical heritage. Forgive me for I have munged the flea market, and forgive me for I have sinned (I'm not sure where God stands on munging up the flea market). Keeping with the spirit of the thread, here is a big, un-original picture of a fiddleback that takes up lots of room.

I don't know where God stands on mugging up the Flea Market either, but I can give you assurance of forgiveness.

You made me laugh about he pictures. I didn't realize my pic was so large when I posted, but I see that now. Maybe we need a "Hogging the Bandwidth Absolution Thread"....

Michael

This thread just got good!

Watch out, his boy might come to his rescue with his clever little yawning emoticons.

Are you feeling better about yourself now? jeesh. Are you going to lecture me again now from your soapbox? I could care less about Cassander but hypocrisy should always get poked in the eye.

The OP may choose to handle your absolution but I notice he hasn't yet.

How about we just dig up everyone's first 20 posts and reveal what tools we all were once....

Last edited:
Given the extent of your sinning (based on its footprint in this thread), I'm afraid some penance may be required. Say... I don't know... maybe a tithe of your Fiddlebacks?

I was going to wait until the twofer Tuesday, but I guess I'll post here. A new to me IW BC Sr. and the sheath I made for it:

_DSC1811.JPG

_DSC1817.JPG

And the twofer part

Two BC Sr.

_DSC1814.JPG

Two IW BC, Jr. and Sr.

_DSC1820.JPG

Wait till next Thursday :rolleyes:!

Cape and all.

I'd try to explain a thing or two to you, but what good would that do?

"Some men you just can't reach."

I too get email alerts on the flea market thread, and even when no one is complaining about munging up the place, probably one in four (at best) posts is directly related to a knife for sale or the purchase of a knife. Most are supportive of a knife for sale, or congratulating a recent aquisition, which I do not consider mung. But, let us all try to love one another and keep this community just that, a community.

Lord knows that I am a wretched sinner and munger. I would not want to give any new people here a false impression of this community, the people of which, I know to be fine and upstanding citizens.

If munging infractions continue by anyone new or old, let us politely direct them here to confess their sins and humbly ask for forgiveness. Pr. Mike is a busy man tending to his flock, but eventually he will drop by and provide assurances of absolution.

Lol, I don't even pay attention to Tapatalk alerts anymore from the Flea Market subscription. There was a time I'd jump on the phone at the sound of the Tapatalk chime, salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs.

I don't mind it though.

We all heard your explanation. That's my point.

Let's be done, it's a beautiful day in our fine neighborhood.

I don't have a confession. But I will mung up this thread. :D

An Italian Boy's Confession

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."

The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"

"'Yes, Father, it is."

"And who was the girl you were with?"

"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."

"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"

"I cannot say."

"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"

"Please, Father, I cannot tell you."

The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."

Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"

"Four months vacation and five good leads!"

LOL, that's great!

M4, the pictures are nice, but not quite what I had in mind. 😄 With all the mung from you here, I'm starting to wonder if you need a round of antibiotics or something. You might have a mung infection.

Michael

Back