The HI Catoosa Convention. Time to get serious and sign up.

Ok I got a go from:

Uncle and Yvsa
Mochiman1
Skagsig 40
T.Sisco - Family, dad and a couple of friends
DaveK
rhenny@wcupa.edu
Dragonfly
Jim
and Bellaheartist (if we can find an excuse)

Maybe:

Rusty
Blues
ACStudios
Bobwill1
Walost
pmcelrath

and yours truely

Did I get all of you???? If everyone shows that is...17 , With Terry counting as 1 person...I dont know how many he is bringing.

I've emailed RayC to see if he can make it but no reply yet. He may show up.

Berk is not so far away as they measure things in TX and I hope he can escape from duty for a day or two and hop on up.

Finn, any chance you can make it for a day or two?

Hi Guys,

Please put me down for a strong maybe, Sharon and I would really love to meet with you all and swap khuk stories. I have another trip I have to make to Louisiana in mid October (a good friend's wedding), and I should be able to confirm when I know how much the tickets will cost.

Cheers for now,

Gary B.

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
pAT,
The only "CHARACTERS" are Blues,Koz,Rus THAT NDN & that CRAZY Frenchman, Cougar!
jim

Why thank you, Jim....;) :D ...but this forum would be negligent in not adding you to the cast of "The Usual Suspects"!:D

In fact, I would even say that Jim is recognizable as an Icon of the HI forum;) :p :D

'Nuf said!:D

Harry

Icon: 1) image, figure or representation.......

I like "acorn" better - he's nuts:D

I'm trying to make it work. Does anyone know if there are any nat'l or state parks within driving distance? I'm trying to make this a photo taking/work/vacation trip. If I can find a place anywhere close to near by that I could use as an excuse, that would be great:D

But if not, I may come anyway. I'll let you know ASAP!:)

There's some lake country up in the NE corner of the state that's beautiful and has good fishing. It might work, Rob. Terry & Yvsa will be better equipped to give you some waybills.

Good idea. This is the way I tried to work things when I was free lance writing.

Hawk, bring any toy you might have. I'll figure out how to drive it.

Well guys, weekends are always a trick for me since I work every Saturday and then Sunday is the only day of the week that the whole family is home to work around the farm. Despite that, I will be there at least once. I usually work in Tulsa until 5 or 6. I'll just drop by Saturday night on my way home. A couple, three hours that night. Then I hope to be able to come back Sunday afternoon. I've even been threatening my wife that she needs to come. I can tell she really is thinking about it but how would this gathering react to a 1 year old girl and 3 year old boy?

re: National/state parks. OK has got all that. There is a National Forest, Ouachita, that straddles the OK and AR borders down in the southern half of the state. Just south of Poteau if you want to look at a map. My pick for nicest part of the whole state is south of that, Beaver's Bend State Park. You can rent a cabin (far in advance!) and hike all over the place. Lots of beautiful water and I love watching the golden eagles fishing in the rivers. Lots and lots of lakes around Tulsa. Out my way is Grand Lake. Out west of Tulsa is Lake Keystone where they raise Bald Eagles. A small lake north of Tulsa is Lake Skiatook which I think is just beautiful. Lake Oologah is pretty nice as well. There is plenty of outdoor stuff to do here and the weather will be nicely cooling down by late in SEP.

Gregg

Don't put me as a definate. I am a possible maybe at best. Got to try to convince the wife to let me spend the money.

I may not be able to make it to Catoosa this time but rest assured that the spirit of Golok will be with all you good people.

Have fun!

I did a quick tally. Looks like right now If a few of the "strong maybe's" turn into "forsures" we will have over 20 counting everyone!!! Keep trying guys!!:)

It may come together. We still have time.

Heard from RayC and he won't be able to make it. Has a couple week vacation already scheduled to go see his folks.

Thanks Gregg and Uncle Bill!!:D

Hey Uncle, I didn't know about the freelance writing! Care to elaborate? Forgive me if you have in the past and I forgot, I used to drink quite heavily....before I quit :)

Greg, thanks for the advice! I am coming!! My parents just told me that they have a ton of free air miles that they can't use because thier 2 dogs are very old and sick. SO, I don't have to pay airfare, I get to meet everybody, and I'll have more money to spend at the konvention!!:D :cool: :D I AM COMING!

Back