The HI Catoosa Convention. Time to get serious and sign up.

Now if I can just figure out a way to bring a couple didjs, all my photo equip, and a few blades!

Stewardess: "SIr you can't carry any knives that large onto the aircraft"

Me: "its not a knife its a Nepalese artifact I'm bringing to the Catoosa Cherokee Museum!" LOL!:D

That'd keep her thinking for awhile!

I'm jealous guys! I wish i could go, but my new job is waiting. Maybe next time. Thanks again for all your prayers!:)

Nope. I'm committed to go, but waiting to see if we get enough people before I can buy my tickets.

BTW, why the 20 or more quota? Just curious.

Rob

Too few people makes get togethers like this a little sad. Too many makes them a little mad. 20 is just about right for fraternizing, learning, trading stories, etc.

Thanks Uncle Bill.

That's more or less what I figured the reason was, and I think its probably a sound policy.

I really do hope this one goes off though. Just the fact that it is at Yvsa's house sells it without question for me!:D

C'mon everybody, just do it!!!!:D

I believe SkagSig40 is planning to bring his new bride. And isn't Terry Sisco bringing a whole bunch of interested family? That's getting closer to a quorum.

Bella,

I understand, and would do the same if I were you. Sometimes its better to bend than to break:)

Rob

We've got six weeks to go before it becomes a go or no go situation. About the last week in August we'll have to firm it up. I think we'll get 20 or 25 takers and that's about right.

Put me down as a "definite maybe." My car was nearly destroyed in a hit & run last winter and isn't in the best shape, so I'm not comfortable taking it to Oklahoma.

However, if some forumite will be passing thru Dallas/Ft. Worth on the way there, I'd be glad to split the gas/etc. for a ride!

Sounds like a nice team up and should cut down expenses for both besides having a little company for a pretty long drive.

BA, one of the many highlights for me of khonvention #1 was watching you turn from Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde when you picked up Audrey.
You've paid your dues already on the khonventions, but your absence will be felt - you are truly one of the good ( not sure of just how crazy, but definitely good ) guys.

Hey, if I bring my wife and two children, that's four right there. I'm sure Terry's whole family will be there. How about that, Terry, do we have a plan for what to do with small children on Sunday afternoon?

Gregg

:
Actually the kids can be turned loose in the backyard. It's fenced and we can lock the gate if necessary.:D
Actually I hadn't given small kids any thoughts.
Any ideas?
You have to remember that Barb and mine small kids are all "Library Children" in that we can "Check them out and check them back in" with the parents.:D
So I will leave it to those who have smal kids to come up with ideas and their own devices.
Bring some toys for them to play with perhaps?

The good news is my wife has been offered a position at a small university in East Tennesse:D The bad news is we will be busy getting relocated and settled in during the Catoosa Konvention:eek: Really was looking forward to meeting fellow forumites and examining a variety of beautiful khukris:( I'll be with you guys in spirit, and hope you will post pix and a report afterwards.

with regret,
Patrick

Back