The Knife Life (Minor Topics and Random Stuff Thread)

Busse Anniversary Mean Street. Been wanting one since they came out. I missed out up front, but kept looking. Somewhat rare as hen's teeth nowadays. Found one and pounced!

Cost me a treasured blade and some cash, but *shrug*, no regrets. This one will get carried and used with wild abandon.

Congrats brother. Never had any busse in my collection but wish I did. Use it in good health:thumbup:

You still rocking that custom folder?

Holy crap I just realized this thread has 5 stars...... Who voted that?

Im honored. And to think it had quite a few naysayers back in the early days:thumbup::cool:

Congrats brother. Never had any busse in my collection but wish I did. Use it in good health:thumbup:

You still rocking that custom folder?

Yessir, always. This sucker has character in spades now. Dings, scrapes, scratches, scuffs, just well broken in. :)

My best advice is: stay the hell away from Busse knives. Seriously. Not that they are bad, not at all. Your first will make you crave more, and more, and more.

I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt, etc. and you know that. I'm telling you, Busse knives are addictive. They are one of the few brands that's just got under my skin so to speak.

The first one I got was a Basic 9. A long defunct website had it for sale for $100. I jumped on it. Came with a butter knife blunt rounded off tip. I called and spoke to the man himself. Sent it back and he reground it perfect. No hassles, no bs, just made it right.

When I got it back I used it. Jerry told me to beat the hell out of it and see just what it would take, so I did. I chopped, I batonned (before it was even called batonning if you can believe it, lol), I fit the tip into my floor jack and used it as a jack handle, and I even cut an old refrigerator I found out in the boonies to ribbons with it, just to see if I could.

One time I was digging a fencepost out of the ground with it and was chopping at the base. I was wondering why not much was happening. I took a look and it was countersunk. I had literally been chopping and digging into concrete for ten minutes. I looked at the edge and had a couple of minor rolls from CHOPPING full force on concrete for ten minutes. From that moment on I was sold. It's not hype. It's not bs. Busse knives are the truth.

Take your wallet and run far, far away... Or just stick to collecting folders. The less monkeys you have on your back, the better.

Haha great story man. Don't worry I'm not really in the market for any new fixed blades so getting addicted to busses' is low on my list of fears:)

I AM however terrified that I'll eventually get addicted to Mid techs and customs and have to start spending way more money to get my fix.... So basically I'm worried I'll turn into Jim Skelton:eek::D

Hopefully this mordax holds me off for a little while at least

Anyway, glad to see you've got that custom doing some work and building character! I genuinely want to treat this next one like that as well, to me it looks well built enough to handle it but not too fancy so it should be a great all around user:thumbup:

Anyway

Ant, that Varga is looking as good as ever!
I went ahead and tuned up my sebenza the other day, so that's been in my pocket a lot lately. I didn't have any luck finding the tritium, so I just went ahead and put the lanyard pin back in.
Here it is with me(and my GEC) this morning trout fishing on the Chattahoochee.
V08vCmg.jpg

Mordax hold you off?!? I said that about my first FFKW Fortis, now I just got my Archbishop in the mail! Customs are addictive! Have 6 FFKW knives now! Luckily I went all the way to the top, now decided that high prices or high sought after knives aren't always the best, quality and knives made for EDC that will last a lifetime, that is where it's at! Spent way too much this month, got my Archbishop, a Hoback Kwaiback(carbon fiber UHEP), and a CPM 10V folder coming in. Awful! Archbishop is so smooth it is ridiculous! Mordax will be a great addition! I have heard they are nice!
Worst part, and well best part is, I use my knives, so resale is a big loss, now I make sure I buy the right knife!

Thanks for your insight man, I'm hoping you're wrong and I can settle down a bit with just the mordax. It kinda helps that I'm a broke college kid.

I honesty have been looking for a folder with this exact design for years now and I've finally found it so I think this will be the one that finally sticks

My summer holiday has just started and I am heading to the countryside. I packed a whole bunch of knives:

Iisakki Järvenpää Aito-puukko
Vic pioneer alox
Roselli Grannys tooth
Roselli modified leuku (big hunter)
Claude Dozorme Capucin friction folder
Esee Izula 2

What have I forgot? Maybe my Grohman Boat knife for outdoor kitchen? Am I overdoing this a bit? :D

Gonna be going for a trip with my cousins up to see the redwoods in about a week. Should be fun, and lots of knife photo opportunities to be had.

With lots of knives........:D

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment I've all been waiting for;)

Drum roll please....

My perfect folder has arrived. I'm in love:eek:

image_zpsyfmijiwj.jpeg

image_zpsjbi0tqpl.jpg

image_zps0eop5ym9.jpg

Busse Anniversary Mean Street. Been wanting one since they came out. I missed out up front, but kept looking. Somewhat rare as hen's teeth nowadays. Found one and pounced!

Cost me a treasured blade and some cash, but *shrug*, no regrets. This one will get carried and used with wild abandon.

Nice! I just got ahold of my first Busse -- an Elmax Game Warden. In an azwelke sheath, I am thoroughly impressed at how well it carries horizontal between 12 and 1 on the belt.

I have an Elmax Active Duty on order with Knifehunter now.

Pretty awesome. Congrats!

Thanks! It's basically flawless as far as I'm concerned. Well built, unbelievably smooth yet solid as a tank, drop dead sexy, robust enough to do some serious work but pretty thin behind the edge so it cuts well, simple and rugged so I'm not afraid to use it.......just a downright awesome knife.

If I had any complaints it would be that they didn't mill out the frame so it's a little on the heavy side at 5.6 oz, especially for a guy whose used to carrying a mini grip:D

But then again I think it need the extra weight back there for balance because the blade is extrememly heavy. And perhaps a tad too long at 3.6, but I don't mind either of these things.

I AM however terrified that I'll eventually get addicted to Mid techs and customs and have to start spending way more money to get my fix.... So basically I'm worried I'll turn into Jim Skelton:eek::D

In order to turn into Jim you'll need a six-figure job, terrible morals, and a Bud-K taste for knives. Being able to talk ad nauseum is icing on the cake.

That said, if you manage to stay on planet earth and realize what a folders intended purpose is (cutting) you'll have an easy time passing up the flavor-of-the-day makers who create shitty designs:thumbup:

image_zps7jgnrq1z.jpeg

So far so good, this thing was great all day. Had to open a few boxes and I was also cutting up some fruit and carving a little wood earlier to see how the blade performed and it actually did amazingly well:thumbup:

I'm a happy camper:)

Back