The Lone Ranger: 112 Dedication Thread

Decided to swap out the factory pocket clip on my slim pro last night and when I was removing the clip, one screw turned and turned, but wasn’t backing out. The screw is fine, but the threads in the knife were stripped. I hadn’t messed with removing the clip, so I know it was stripped from the factory. I can either send it back, or keep it and go “clip less”. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This was what I was trying to do when I discovered the threads were stripped for one screw that held the pocket clip on my 112 Pro. The Spyderco clip on a Buck knife looks a bit out of place lol, but imo it is a needed improvement.

If you can find one the 112 Slim Pro Plus in S35VN is a fantastic EDC. I do like S30V even though I have a little trouble really getting a good sharp edge but S35VN is slightly better. And takes a wickedly sharp edge and keeps it longer. At least for me.

I’m starting to take a real liking to the 112 Ranger. I have absolutely zero need for it, with a drawer full of other knives I absolutely did not need (but I love them all!). But that classic look, with the clip point blade, ebony and brass, it’s just a beautiful piece. It’s calling me, and that is never a good thing.

I’m starting to take a real liking to the 112 Ranger. I have absolutely zero need for it, with a drawer full of other knives I absolutely did not need (but I love them all!). But that classic look, with the clip point blade, ebony and brass, it’s just a beautiful piece. It’s calling me, and that is never a good thing.
It's a great knife. I like it more than I like the 110. I like it in whatever flavor there is.

Morgan likes his 112.
leyjANCl.jpg

Anybody have the 112 Auto? I see mostly very positive reviews for it, just wondering if it’s worth the rather hefty price bump over the regular folder.

Anybody have the 112 Auto? I see mostly very positive reviews for it, just wondering if it’s worth the rather hefty price bump over the regular folder.
People seem to like them. hunterjrg hunterjrg posted a picture of one right above. I personally suggest finding a 112 Pro with the G10 handles, Nickle bolsters and s30v blade. But I'm not a huge auto fan in general.

And to contribute to the thread here's an ecolite. One of the best 112 variants Buck has ever made in my opinion.

qqwxCAp.jpeg

I really like the Ecolite! I wish Buck would make a auto 112 with a drop point S35VN or S45VN blade..I'll poney up for that!

Years ago I use to frequent a place called The Knife Shop in downtown Fort Mill, SC. The owner sold mostly used/pre-owned knives and he had quite a collection. Unfortunately he passed away and the store no longer exists. When I purchased this 112 I was still new to knives. I owned a 110 but was looking for something smaller. I didn't realize Buck even made the 112. When I first saw it on display I knew it was exactly what I needed and paid for it in cash.

Years later I met someone who knew more about Buck knives than I did. He noticed me carrying my 112 and told me it was quite rare. Buck Workman blades were mainly sold in hardware stores, like Sears (back when they were actually a hardware store). This is a 3-dot, or maybe 4-dot, not sure because tang has 2 dots on left with a > and 1 dot on right. Has finger grooves and nickel bolsters. For its time period that was a rare configuration. I've since added more 112's to my collection and am always on the lookout for interesting builds, but have yet to find another like this one.

Last edited:
bucksway bucksway Clint is our 112 person...I was going to say our odd 112 person but thought better of it😉

Perhaps he'll see this and comment.

I'm not sure if that is a brass or nickel silver frame. The 'Ordered by Walmart' around 1994 Workman was a run of 4,000 and was nickel silver. If that 112 IS nickel its from that run. But back then there could have been a overrun of Workman blade's a employee or blade replacement to account for a oddball. I looked for early nickel 112's starting 2007 because they were hard to find except for the 112 '25 th' anniversary knives. Since 2007 I have seen less than a dozen NS 112's with the Workman pad print.

Back