The New "Almost Ready To Ship" For 2012

Thanks for posting the picture John and for doing an excellent job , the Pocketmuk is my first JK Knife and certainly not my last I got a Hawk on the way, and thanks to JDS 1 for the great design . The Orange liner is for Hanna , who in many shape or form has made a difference in our lives , keep up the good fight like I know you could .

Well done sir.:thumbup:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h399/JKKNIVES/004_zpsc18ba47b.jpg

That just looks like a rugged, no-nonsense knife.

Have you had it out and used it yet?

Nice choice -

best

mqqn

That just looks like a rugged, no-nonsense knife.

Have you had it out and used it yet?

Nice choice -

best

mqqn

Thank you! That is my intention with this knife. I've used it for small tasks around the house, but have yet to carry it. Mainly because I'm getting a kydex sheath built for it when I can get around to it. I plan to carry it horizontally. I put a 40 degree inclusive angle on her, and she cuts like my spyderco military.

Look at that Spike Hawk :eek: , what a beast ! I am getting all exited waiting for my Cassam Hawk . . . is it November yet ?
Seriously John , great craftsmanship ! I am glad you kept the Hawks in your line up .

My Cassam is going to be made next week! I don't think John is keeping the hawks line, but rather agreeing to do a couple more before he discontinues the line.

Spike Hawk in green canvas micarta

001-96.jpg

Spikehawk has landed! I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow

What a nice surprise to wake up to, (day off)...I can't wait. Thanks for posting.

Ha , Ha , Ha , had to do a double take , it looks just like my order . . . except with brass pins (3 hollow center ) , like the HT on it , SWEEET !
Glad to see I'm not the only one who like that finish , good one Duro :D These Hawks are freaking BAD !

Thanks. Yes it's an awesome hawk as I'm sure you know. I showed the heat treat finish to another custom maker today and he said it was a nice finish as well. John would know this better, but I assume this finish is part of the forging process? That is what the custom maker that I spoke to thought.

WOW! That cassam hawk looks BAD (aka good) in the HT finish! I still beat on mine regularly, it takes tons of abuse and asks for more. It's funny, when I was waiting for it I was worried I wouldn't want to beat on my first expensive custom, but once I opened it up I knew I had no choice, it begs to be thrashed. Haven't had to sharpen it or anything, it just keeps going. I keep it lightly oiled and on my nightstand for any "bumps" in the night after it gets its workouts in the woods! Congrats on the sweet hawks guys!

Plus, these babies are made with JK's 01 steel - I don't know what you would have to do to damage one. Confidence? Here it is!

best

mqqn

I second duro , many thanks pmbspyder on all your hardwork and research . . . can't wait till November for my hawk .

I second duro , many thanks pmbspyder on all your hardwork and research . . . can't wait till November for my hawk .

My pleasure! Post up pics when you guys get yours! Remember to have JK grind the spike to your intended use! If it's SD, acute is great, but if it's a woods/ demolition tool I would ask him to leave it a bit thicker!

Cassam Hawk in black canvas, with a variation on the pins, and heat treat finish, for ELCabre

001-104.jpg

E.W.O.K. #3 in oak, for mbeebe

002-99.jpg

L.R.K. + in tan micarta and satin finish, for Ta2warrior

003-75.jpg

Back