The NEXT SALE

We're going to post 20 D2 (PSF27) Heavy Duty Field Knives (The NASK) here on the CPK forum at 3:00 eastern time this Friday, Sep 1st. These are unmarked prototypes and were made for testing, setup and process validation, it is a one time run. They turned out super nice and are some very cool knives.

This is the first work of its kind coming off our Mori Seiki. That new mill is phenomenal and it shows in the work. We've come a long way since making knives on a knee mill...

We're going to post 20 D2 (PSF27) Heavy Duty Field Knives (The NASK) here on the CPK forum at 3:00 eastern time this Friday, Sep 1st. These are unmarked prototypes and were made for testing, setup and process validation, it is a one time run. They turned out super nice and are some very cool knives.

This is the first work of its kind coming off our Mori Seiki. That new mill is phenomenal and it shows in the work. We've come a long way since making knives on a knee mill...
Very cool! Any pics of the finished product/design?

Damn im almost tempted to try and trade my preorder D3V NASK when it comes for one of these prototypes. Just the thought of owning a prototype sounds awesome.

If someone legitimately can't make it to the sale and really wants a D2 HDFK i'll proxy for ya, just let me know.

I'll do 2 proxies I guess (one each). I won't be getting any myself (waiting for D3V)

Edit: Got two people now so I can't do anymore

Last edited:
If someone legitimately can't make it to the sale and really wants a D2 HDFK i'll proxy for ya, just let me know.

I'll do 2 proxies I guess (one each). I won't be getting any myself (waiting for D3V)

I have an inspection on Fri so i probably wont be able to make the sale. Would you be willing to proxy for me?

Honestly the d3v will probably out preform the d2 in most ways except it will be harder to sharpen. If your looking for more of a user id stick with the d3v over the d2

Nathan's D2 is a wicked slicer. 3V is objectively tougher. If you are going to be batoning through knotted wood and the blade is going to hit rocks in the dirt, go with 3V. The lateral strength is going to keep it from chipping out under tension.

If you want it for hunting, general camp tasks, cutting rope or just general feeling of sharpness, go with D2.

I can get D2 sharper and it is more satisfying for me when it is done. Kind of like O1 in that regard. When you are done sharpening O1 it feels soooo good.

FK isn't really optimized for chopping as it were. A small axe, larger knife, or saw is going to help me process wood. I think FK in D2 is a really good choice.

A 3V LC, D2 FK, and GEC Beer Scout would make a compelling trio for me. So, I guess I am IN.

Back