The Offical Secret Santa 2013 and GIVEAWAY thread

thanks guys, and to john for the prod :)

let me know what you'll want, I'll send it out till it's gone then try to find some more stuff.

KY: your tree looks healthier then ours, having a hard time keeping it alive this year :s

Myke: very nice, been a while since i was around anything so large that was man made...other then my beer gut of course...anyway, it's very cool.

come on man, help me out, gave out final grade at the start of this week and feel like i need to earn back some karma :)

No Grinch here, I love Christmas. Thought I would let someone who is less fortunate than I am have a shot at the very generous offer. Merry Christmas everyone!

we're supposed to set up the tree tomorrow morning - I'll try to get a pic of it before the pup destroys it.
with a little luck, SWMBO will get him to sit still long enough to get a pic of him in a santa hat, too.

I'm trying to get in on this stuff. I can't find the one picture I thought I had of me wearing a Santa hat, the wife emailed me a photo of this years Christmas tree and I can't upload it at work because I can't install software on the work computers ,,, AAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

come on man, help me out, gave out final grade at the start of this week and feel like i need to earn back some karma :)

Gift giving is a big part of Christmas for me. It's not because of the money or time spent on a gift but the reaction on the face of a friend or family member when they open up a gift that is special in some little way. I got that look on my face last Christmas from a complete stranger thanks to the gift exchange here. The gift was very nice but I was smiling before actually seeing it because of the note attached.
8297054078_8b2683f6aa_z.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387868837.107641.jpg Please note that the snoopy ornament above my head has a Santa hat on.

I have to give all the credit for the tree and decorations to my wife. She works very hard to make Christmas happen at our house.

My secret santa gift made it here in time for Christmas. I am blown away, by the generosity and though that went into my gift. I received 4 handmade box calls and a NWTF knife.(Turkey hunting stuff if that sounds foreign to anybody.) I can't wait for spring season to get here now, and put these calls to use. No photo yet, been kinda busy, but I'll try and get one up soon.
Many thanks to wolf-man-12.

Now I got to get on the ball and send my gift out.

Last edited:
I still need to get my package in the mail dang it.
It sounds like you're going to be slayin' some gobblers come spring Derek.

I need to make a sheath.

ETA: sheath done.

994676_10152172176929603_1381128419_n.jpg

"kydex" covered in distressed leather.

Last edited:
USPS says my package was delivered - but haven't heard from the recipient.

Sorry for my tardiness Erik.:eek:

I did indeed receive the package safe & sound.:thumbup:

Needless to say I was blown away to see the Locking Pin Ti Fricky in the box.

This thing is so huge & dwarfs the Schrade Barlow as ya'll can see.:eek:

As to the tested Tackett,hmm,if/when I get back to work it'll come in handy opening boxes & scraping silicone sealant & insulating foam that the foamers miss before they send the ice makers to me & my partner for final assembly.:thumb up:

DSCN1133.jpg

Thanks Erik.

You're very welcome -- I know the frankentackett isn't pretty, but i thought it was something you would be able to use at work, once work starts back up for you.
the pins are stainless spiral shank concrete nails, the tube is a piece of aluminum arrow, and the scales are locally harvested walnut that's been curing in the basement for the past several years.
hope this year treats you better than the last!

Wew,I finally got something in the mail for the lucky or unlucky person who's name I got for the swap.
And as cold as it is where it's going the coal is going to come in handy.....:p

received my gift today. and wow. i am blown away. Danny sent me a big box with packing peanuts that i had fun digging through. he got me a very nice card, but i was sure surprised what i found next. there was a head and a shaft of a tomahawk. i don't know anything about them, but i can tell quality and this had a real nice maker's mark on it, etc.

11846843166_afc1c09aaf_c.jpg

11846474334_e858923b2a_c.jpg

11846317043_567debd643_c.jpg

I have never owned nor even really handled a for-real tomahawk before. i can't tell you how cool this is, Dan. thanks very much.

11846482864_000cfd1efb_c.jpg

Back