The Shop.... After Dark

I do believe it IS Saturday Night AGAIN and (Holy Crap) sittin' in the shop. This evening starting out a little different.... can't believe how
pissed the MailLady got about me going to the mailbox in my bathrobe.....I told her, "No, I do not have a belt for my bathrobe You don't have to be looking if you find that disturbing" Jeez.:D
Little Breezy today, but nice. :)

I know of a case at a woods camp where a black bear stood up to the serving window of the cookhouse so the cook went outside and threw a rock to drive him off but hit the bear in the head and killed him. The cook actually felt bad because he didn't want to hurt the bear, just scare him away! lol True story.

Are you sure it was a cook and not a guy named David? And are you sure it was a bear and not a giant? I think I heard a different version of that same story.... =)

Are you sure it was a cook and not a guy named David? And are you sure it was a bear and not a giant? I think I heard a different version of that same story.... =)

You can believe it or not! The story came from my Grandfather, a man who worked in the woods his entire life and had far greater integrity than any I've known. I've heard the story from other men who also worked in the same camp as my Grandfather when they would get together telling stories of the old days so I do not doubt it's validity.

Gonna head out for a Birthday Dinner (I have officially become my Dad) ALL my teenagers and my now 20 year old Son and his Girlfriend. I believe I am allowed to go
for wallet value:) JK. It is a Birthday tradition, we ALL go out then come back home for gifts and cake, my Wife is an amazing baker.
Hope everybody is having a Great Saturday Night in the Shop!
Catch you later
Rubi

Everyone nights sure sound to be better than mine! I have been at work the past 3 hours trying to build up some overtime for some more knife fund money!

Everyone nights sure sound to be better than mine! I have been at work the past 3 hours trying to build up some overtime for some more knife fund money!

Yeah but youll get the last laugh when you receive your latest acquisition:thumbup:

Last edited:
Gonna head out for a Birthday Dinner (I have officially become my Dad) ALL my teenagers and my now 20 year old Son and his Girlfriend. I believe I am allowed to go
for wallet value:) JK. It is a Birthday tradition, we ALL go out then come back home for gifts and cake, my Wife is an amazing baker.
Hope everybody is having a Great Saturday Night in the Shop!
Catch you later
Rubi

Enjoy the quality time.
Happiest of birthday wishes to your son.
Aside from the time you spend together as a family and whatever gift his girlfriend gives him, the gift you (he) chose will be a hit.

Hope you had a great evening with your family....none better to be with. And maybe a little bake off between our wives, mine is also a wonderful baker! Happy birthday to your son.

Thanks Guys it was a GREAT evening! ALL my kids, Nick's Girlfriend (lovely young Girl) and my Wife. Everybody had a great time. Kids went down in my 4runner and the Wife and I went down the mountain in the FJCruiser, wow they are all grown up.
It was Nicks 20th Birthday (Thank you Mike, mine is next week so you still have time to shop:D) his Girlfriend Susan (Freshman at University of Pennsylvania) Nick is a Junior at Penn State.
Nick loved his knife.
Good stuff. Makes you wanna stick around and see them all find their way in this World to Happiness and Contentment, that would be Success.

Happy Easter and Passover to ALL, for those with little bunnies - one of the best memory makers ever, for everybody else - Here is to hoping you had a safe and happy time with your families.
Never forget to be thankful for ones blessings life is short, times like these are the lily pads in the pond of life.

Happy Easter and Passover to ALL, for those with little bunnies - one of the best memory makers ever, for everybody else - Here is to hoping you had a safe and happy time with your families.
Never forget to be thankful for ones blessings life is short, times like these are the lily pads in the pond of life.

Thanks Rubi, had a wonderful day it was my wife birthday (some how she has worked it out to a birthday month) we stayed at home, I did the cooking (had to put a new edge on a couple of the kitchen knives, WE time) and just enjoyed each other. I hope everyone's day was as nice as mine. Sounds like your son's birthday was a big success.
Enjoy everyone

Bill

Looking like a good weekend. Maybe old man winter has gasped his last until next we meet again (hopefully in 7-8 months).
Hope everybody has some fun planned.

Saturday Night. Raining thunder/Lightening Dish is Out. Shop is warm and "fuzzy" Beer is Cold - not all bad.

Hinderer has a new website http://hindereroutdoortactical.com been spending a lot of time checking it out, if you have not yet - do yourself a favor and do so.

Saturday Night in the shop is/has been a fun and relaxing time. Hope you carve out a space for yourself if you have not already. It can be a corner of the garage, a shed out back or a part of the basement (Done all of the above and they were all great fun)

Post pics if you have some.

No spot carved out for me yet. I built a house about 6 years ago but have yet to move back to that province. In the next year I will give up this madness and rejoin society...I hope! lol
BTW finally got my glass blanks for my blank WEPS handles and according to tracking should be getting my upgraded arms and granite base next week. The paperstone base was getting on my nerves because it moves around too much when re-profiling. Can't wait to get back to nice mirror polishes like the Edge Pro. With any luck next Saturday will be a good one for me. Good night Rubi, I have to work and 4AM comes early.

Damn these weeks are flying by, What's Today? Whew, thought it would be a good idea to go over to one of my favorite Italian Restaurants get this dish they make, Big plate of Linguini Jumbo Shrimp, Mussels, Clams, Calamari, and Scallops (FraDiavlo) fresh cherry tomatos in a nice home made marinara - Now I'm feeling a little like I should be floating down the street in front of Macy's on Thanksgiving.

Hey Rubi! I'm actually off tonight but the wife had to work so I'm on parent duty. I had some time to play with the WEPS after I put the boy to bed so I mirror polished a Strider AR. As soon as I hit the polishing tapes on the glass blanks you could feel the pure smoothness. I can easily turn out a mirror polish now just like I could with my Edge Pro so I'm happy! I also had a granite base come in the mail to replace a paperstone one which was too lite and the extra weight really helped to keep everything in place. The corner of the granite base had a big piece broken off which was a bummer but I wanted it for the weight not the aesthetics so I'm not going to sweat it. Sounds like that meal you had should be followed up by a bottle of wine so I'm going to crack one...cheers!:very_drunk:

Cheers! No Man broken corner ain't cool. Did you get it from Clay? Just email him. Granite is too nice to have a broken corner.
Love to see some mirror edges, I gotta get to work must be getting lazy. I have a tendency to get a slightly gritty working edge that slices paper like Edward Scissor Hands trying to do Origami - then I stop and crack a beer. :eek:

I love the mirrors but I'm hesitant to give my 24 a go. I'd be pissed if I screwed up! As a result I've been stropping it when the edge starts to dull but eventually I'm going to be force to give it a whirl. I might call Clay about the granite but I was 3+ weeks getting my order shipped. The first 2 weeks I called 5 times and each time they did not have a record of my order so each time I gave my order only to call again and go through the same thing! I deal with so much crap everyday with murders and molesters that I often avoid outside conflict for fear of going postal! lol

Wow I just got pissed on! My 3yr old son woke up crying while I was typing this so I went and picked him up only to notice the wet spot in the bed at the last second. The next thing I knew piss was pouring down my torso and legs! %$&*#%* Little guy woke up with a boner which I guess delayed the pissing of the bed long enough for me to get showered in it! Good times!

Back