The "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Warranties" Club

Speaking of Rayster's work...

Here's my SOCFK-A that he did the scales on. Blade was reground to a hollow zero by Tom Krein.

17022215925_7853f8ebe7_b.jpg

16834687120_cffa23a85e_b.jpg

21297938782_63b39f82cd_b.jpg

16834691420_a03de1dc1d_b.jpg

BAM! PDW Specwar in blue twill w/ white liners. Full length moonglow back spacer with blue liners. Oversized thumbdisc in blue twill w/ white liner.

Sorry I hadn't posted sooner, but it's been a crazy couple of weeks. This Tiger is even more amazing in person! :D The lock is still sticky and needs to be broken in. When the blade opens, it makes that awesome "Thwack!" sound that the larger Emerson blades make and let's you know right away that it means business! The contoured G-10 Tiger Pattern is Amazing. The handle locks into your hand the grip let's you know the knife isn't going anywhere.
It also bit me the first day I got it. I was at work and had been opening and closing the blade. I had a micro fiber cloth and I was wiping down the blade to get the finger prints off. I had my thumb against the side of the blade on top of the cloth and was wiping towards the tip. It went clean through the cloth and into the tip of my thumb. I felt the sting immediately, it bit me and now it owns me! Thank Ray this Tiger is Amazing!:thumbup:

*NOT A CUSTOM* *NOT A CUSTOM* *NOT A CUSTOM*

One of the last few homages created by a very talented maker, before it was brought to his attention that they were being made without Mr. Ernest's approval. Once notified, the maker opted to never make them again.

Fast-forward to 2016 with the history of the original owner (a longtime USN Accomplice), and the maker..... he says he has never seen another one made since 2012. The same year that is stamped with the makers mark on the inside of the titanium backspacer.

Understand that this is not the Custom Version of the beloved folder we all aspire own. And no it's not the next best thing. That would be the 5, which I own and cherish :). So please don't be confused by its looks. Even though, a true Emerson enthusiast would know from a mile away ;).

Sorry if I talked you guys/gals ears off :), but I'm a very communicative person and like to explain things thoroughly. Especially when it involves a community that welcomed me with open arms and gave me some of the best friends on earth. Blood makes you related, but loyalty makes you family!!

A great community once said..... Come for the knives, Stay for the people!!! And I couldn't agree more. :thumbup: :thumbup:

tuxpi.com.1455391248_zpsnhjsfyn8.jpg

tuxpi.com.1455391449_zpsbzfyagzl.jpg

tuxpi.com.1455391609_zpspcumcjsq.jpg

tuxpi.com.1455391725_zpsiqmlh8qs.jpg

tuxpi.com.1455391930_zps2w9uu2d1.jpg

Last edited:
Man, guestwho between you and ray I think they are two of the coolest collections....Awesome "poboy" and custom commander!

Man, guestwho between you and ray I think they are two of the coolest collections....Awesome "poboy" and custom commander!

fstcarsknives - Thanks! I always look forward to your commentary (and approval), buddy. :thumbup: ;)

And let's not be so modest..... your collection is pretty awesome, also. :cool: :)

you really don't want emerson knives warranties...... I sent mine to fix a blade squeak that was loud enough to be heard over the phone, and made a request to keep the blade (Special serial number to me) as well as sharpen it. What did they do? Replaced the liner lock AND THE BLADE! so basically i got a new knife with dirty scales. Did it fix the squeak even? NO I can hear it all ready..... stinking warranty is right....

Your other thread got closed because of the nature of the direction it went in. Don't come in here doing the same thing. Just because you had what you would qualify as a bad experience doesn't mean the whole thing sucks.

I've had nothing but 100% positive experience with Emerson warranties!

I just had two models done with a lot of mods (CQC-7 & M-50) I'm waiting to get back (there goes the warranty!) I'll post them up when they get here!

Back