The "Whatever" Thread

That's pretty wild!

Jeff
Wild as a rat.

I bet that freaked the tech out!
No doubt.
I would'a liked to see his facial expression when it cam hopping out.
At least it was re-located to their shop.:cool:

Damn dirty rat!
Best reply yet and my sentiments exactly!
It cost me a bit over 200 bucks for the diagnostics and oil change/tire rotation.
Damn dirty rat!

No no, don't stop the rat, let him go Todd.:D

I have had similar problems with pack and field rats -- had one completely fill my air cleaner box with twigs and rat crap once.
truck ran AMAZINGLY better after that filter change.

I had to make a "hood" for SWMBO's engine out of 1/2" hardware cloth because the rats kept eating her plug wires.
NAPA brand are especially tasty - they lasted less than 12 hours. apparently the sheath for them is made of a soy-oil based rubber and is irresistible to the little buggers.

Wild as a rat.

No doubt.
I would'a liked to see his facial expression when it cam hopping out.
At least it was re-located to their shop.:cool:

Best reply yet and my sentiments exactly!
It cost me a bit over 200 bucks for the diagnostics and oil change/tire rotation.
Damn dirty rat!

No no, don't stop the rat, let him go Todd.:D

ha. i get it! :D

Holy cow!

Those suckers get in the craziest places dont they.

Out here they like to invade our dryer vent coming out of the side of the house. I patched it up with some metal screen from the hardware store, and I can see where they still chew at it to get back in.

That's crazy, Mykel. My son drives our 2004 Explorer. Mice always get into the air box. We check it from time to time, and there's usually some nest material in there. One time, we were hearing weird clunking when we turned on the blower fan. I pulled the fan out, and there must have been at least 30 acorns in the assembly.

I guess I should make a shroud also to keep those pesky critters out.

For the 2nd time in 24hrs a delivery truck (Fedex and UPS) has pulled up to the house and honked, forcing me to stop watching basketball to go outside. Both times it was a replacement driver who assumed our dogs running out to meet the trucks were looking to eat them. What they didn't know is that the normal drivers keep "dog treats" in the trucks and let the dogs climb into the trucks while they get packages.

In both cases I got a variation of "Wasn't getting out with those dogs acting that way." (Remember they are expecting treats) "Do they bite?" To this they get my canned response I give everybody that asks that, "Not unless the kids are out".
My wife asked me why I tell people (delivery drivers, meter readers, etc.) that. "Do you really think the dogs would bite somebody?" I do my know, but if everyone that pulls into the driveway when the kids are playing outside thinks they will, then the dogs and I both have an easier job to do.

Wishing you all a good Sunday morning. Mine's starting off well.
PARWIWf.jpg

Awesome. Love a nice 112....and JK.....and BACON.....

best

mqqn

Jeff might like this one -

I broke my old splitting maul a couple weeks ago with a bad hit on the shank on a below freezing morning while I was splitting.

I had seen good reviews for the new Fiskars 8lb maul, so I used some amazon points and bought one.

Wow - it is quite a step forward in maul design - much easier to split those tough, knotted pieces.

The old and the new -

IMG_20170319_101915699_HDR.jpg

I really like the shank protection on the new maul, and it is a great place to grip as you are pulling back to get a full swing in; for me it was like a "sight" on the maul allowing me a more accurate hit placement.

IMG_20170319_101924619_HDR.jpg

Here is a medium sized black cherry piece, with one nicely placed swing.

IMG_20170319_102128362_HDR.jpg

I got through a nice pile this morning while I was burning brush. Spring is almost here, a good time to get your wood split and stacked to be seasoned for next winter!

IMG_20170319_104514840_HDR.jpg

best

mqqn

That does look like a good design. Maybe I can try it at our next Gathering?

Jeff

Quote of the day from my almost 5 year old daughter. "Daddy, soon you're going to be 50 and that's old."

Quote of the day from my almost 5 year old daughter. "Daddy, soon you're going to be 50 and that's old."

It could be worse - my oldest pointed out to me when he was 4 or so that at least I could grow hair on my face, if not on my head.

Gotta appreciate kids' candor!

Back