The "Whatever" Thread

Whenever I find anything out I will let you know. Be sure to let Joe know, we all used to hunt on his farm. It was a shock when I saw his sister post it on Facebook, he was only two months older than me. More like a brother than a friend, he was best man at my wedding and I was at his. I've known him since I was 12.
Losing a best friend, especially one as special as Dave was to you is hard, you have my condolences John.
Smoke is up for his family and friends.

I was out hittin' the trails yesterday and boy was it a great day to be out!
There were rabbits here, rabbits there and rabbits everywhere!
There were actually so many I got tired of taking their pictures!:eek:
Flowers and sunshine were also in abundance luckily.:thumbsup:

DSCN0725.jpg

DSCN0722_1.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0715_1.jpg

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

DSCN0741.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

The rugby field.
There is a natural pond way down on the back side of this pic, but there are no trails to it because it is so swampy down there.
The old roads and the majority of trails are to the right of the rugby field.>
DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

The trail leading down to the "swamp".
Don't go down there if you don't like mud!:eek:
DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg

An old fish pond.
DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

DSCN0746.jpg

And for knife content...the Paperstone 110 I got from our buddy Todd with my JK Friction Folder XL posing on some gnarly roots.
DSCN1031.jpg

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt."
John Muir.:thumbsup::)

sincere condolences to you and Dave's family John.
e had good weather this weekend - not only did i get some mowing done in the pasture, I got to spend the night out in the woods in my hammock.

Thanks for the pictures, Mykel! I had a long weekend teaching. I did get to shoot my new Kimber Micro 9 today - it does good! I ran about 50 rounds through it and then put some Speer FBI loads through - it feels good in hand even with those spicy loads - much better than I was expecting. Nice piece!

best

mqqn

Sorry to hear about your friend, John.

Thanks for the pictures, Mykel! I had a long weekend teaching. I did get to shoot my new Kimber Micro 9 today - it does good! I ran about 50 rounds through it and then put some Speer FBI loads through - it feels good in hand even with those spicy loads - much better than I was expecting. Nice piece!

best

mqqn
Grats on the new gat Andy.

geez John...really sorry to see the news about your friend Dave. my condolences.

myke, real cool pics. liked the old fish pond.

and andy, good to hear on the kimber micro 9. really gotta get mine to the range again soon. per John's (i think it was) advice, i ordered a sticky holster for it. should get here soon.

Nice pics, Mykel. I don't dare venture out into the woods right now, the black flies are vicious!

Nice pics, Mykel. I don't dare venture out into the woods right now, the black flies are vicious!
Thanks Glenn.
Speaking of black flies..
I got bit twice right above my right elbow on the back side of my arm the day I took those pics and the bite wounds swelled up and festered for a couple of days, not to mention the itching, now I have two big sores on the back of my arm.:(
I am allergic to bee stings and I suspect I have an abnormal reaction to other bug bites also.
Dang bugs, there ought to be a law against em!

I had the ultimate breakfast sandwich this morning.
Ingredients included sausage, bacon, ham, a fried egg and a slice of colby jack.
Mmm mmm mmm that was good.
DSCN0800.jpg

Damn, that looks good. You should name it "The Coronary".
My heart is going to quit on me someday anyways so I might as well enjoy my eating while I can.
I just hope it quits while I'm sleeping or second best would be while wandering in the woods.
Sleeping in the woods would be ideal.;)

Back