Think you had a crappy weekend? Worse than mine? CONTEST!!

I don't know you, so I can't and won't judge foolishness. I can only imagine you would feel that way though. For what it is worth, my best friend would willingly loan me anything, and vise versa.

I hope things get better for you after the hurt starts to numb a little.

Matt

My weekend started off with a due process hearing at work Friday mourning... the kicker was it never would have happened if someone had bothered to open a log book before they decided to hang me out to dry.

Fast forward to Saturday when we found out my Dad most likely has throat cancer.

Then on to Sunday night when I got to work and slipped on some wet tile.... didn't think at the time my back was hurt that bad..... but for now the only comfort I can find is sitting in my office chair at home... can barely move and may end up needing surgery.... Hell even the Vicodin isn't really helping.

I feel like I'm in a Country song and expect to hear my dog is dead next.

I didn't know his wife left and took the kids. Now I have to talk some more with the police and I saw his parents yesterday. I'm the biggest f**king fool on the planet. I still can't sleep more than an hour or two.

Sometimes life hits us with things that are so extreme that there are no great words of wisdom to console us. This is one of those times for you, I think.

I am a man of faith, and I pray daily. You're on my list.

The way I figure, there's no way you could have known what would happen.

thx - cpr

Well, you guys sure made my weekend look like a lazy walk in the park...!

There were indeed some impressive weekends...Raden's Dad getting throat cancer, sierra11b getting widsom teeth pulled, marenoa screwing up his future in grad school, KBT getting mobilized to the sandbox, and Murdok72605 spending the weekend with his mother-in-law...and next weekend...and the next....!!!

But the one that takes the cake is John B.

John you have our condolences and blessings and payers.

Hopefully by posting your tragic weekend here...we might have helped with the grieving process.

I know there's no way a free knife can console such a loss and the aftermath sure to come.

That said, if you want it, it's yours. PM /Email me your info. Perhaps a gift might cast even just a little sunshine on your day.

If not, I totally understand.

Either way, we're going to have a moment of silence for you today, ok?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515874

Best wishes bro. Chin up....

Dan

I didn't know his wife left and took the kids. Now I have to talk some more with the police and I saw his parents yesterday. I'm the biggest f**king fool on the planet. I still can't sleep more than an hour or two.

It sounds like you're a loyal and trusting friend. We can't always see into the dark, hidden corners of other people. I hope time washes away the pain and guilt you're obviously feeling. In the meantime, you and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you both find some peace.

If it helps any John I work a lot with suicidal people and when they are serious about taking their life they will find a way to take it, if he had not had your gun he would just have have found another way which could have been slower or more painfull etc !!!
Just be sure and don't lend out your new Koster knife as an old rule of Bushcraft says a damaged knife may result in a broken friendship !!!

I know this will not top others story, but I will make it short.

Walking to my new car after 18 holes a friend hands me a large log and tells me to look at my rear window. Large Hole and window ruined.

Found out that my auto insurance policy cancelled 3 days earlier. $425 out of pocket. and I am reeeaaaallllyyyyy broke.

Decided to relax and play another 18. Then dropped my brand new HD digital video camera into a water hazard.

Now I am contemplating selling my Sebenza to compensate. Damn.

Well, you guys sure made my weekend look like a lazy walk in the park...!

There were indeed some impressive weekends...Raden's Dad getting throat cancer, sierra11b getting widsom teeth pulled, marenoa screwing up his future in grad school, KBT getting mobilized to the sandbox, and Murdok72605 spending the weekend with his mother-in-law...and next weekend...and the next....!!!

But the one that takes the cake is John B.

John you have our condolences and blessings and payers.

Hopefully by posting your tragic weekend here...we might have helped with the grieving process.

I know there's no way a free knife can console such a loss and the aftermath sure to come.

That said, if you want it, it's yours. PM /Email me your info. Perhaps a gift might cast even just a little sunshine on your day.

If not, I totally understand.

Either way, we're going to have a moment of silence for you today, ok?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515874

Best wishes bro. Chin up....

Dan

I agree :thumbup: I was hoping John B. would get it.

Sad to hear all the bad news; still, this is a good thread, though. Kinda helps to put things in perspective.

I hope all you guys have a good Christmas.

thx - cpr

Did John B accept the knife, I'd guess he probably couldn't under the circumstances eh ? If he couldn't I was wondering if maybe it could be auctioned off and the money sent to his friends family !

I haven't heard from him yet...I imagine he's rather occupied...

:(

Did John B accept the knife, I'd guess he probably couldn't under the circumstances eh ? If he couldn't I was wondering if maybe it could be auctioned off and the money sent to his friends family !

A raffle may raise more money. Hope the guys doin okay.

The funeral is today and after that I'm heading south for a week to think. Once again thank you. My intent wasn't to win anything, only that I would gladly have my teeth pulled or anything else other than this. I understand that he would do it regardless of what I done. Maybe he just wanted to see me one last time. He helped me quit drinking and smoking and how did I help him?

Hug those close to you every time you get the chance. May never see them again.

John_B

They don't even want to see me, thats one of the reasons I'm heading out of a while. We can't face each other yet I'm going to wait until after the holidays to try to talk to his mother or sister.

Everyone grieves in different ways John. I think you said it well when you said you understand that he would have done it regardless. It's very common to place the blame on yourself in these situations, but hopefully in time you will come to realize that it wasn't your fault, it wasn't your responsibility to save him, and the best thing you can do for him now is to forgive yourself, and remember him. Don't worry too much about his family. They are in the grieving process too. Giving them some space now is probably the best thing.

You, and his family, will remain in our prayers. Please do come chat with us if you need help sorting things out. Sometimes it's very helpful to bounce thoughts off friends and strangers.

Back