Todd Begg + We Knives

Begg-Glimpse-WE-YellowTan-NOFlute_zpseqithgwv.jpg
Yeah. This is the one I got. They had already sold all of the CF ones.

I don't know about that. I love my blue FG Bodega. I will never part with it. Best flipper/folder I have ever owned hands down.

I had a field grade. Mine was among my worst flippers. But in terms of what you get for your money the steelcraft to me is the obvious winner if country of origin isnt a consideration. Which for me it isnt.

considering the fact that Begg worked with and trained David Deng, who was already a great machinist,it doesn't matter where hes from;and the end result is a knife that is incredible.you really have to handle one of these large steelcraft Bodegas ;it easily rivals a custom.One interesting detail is theres a silver circle on the edge of the holes for the body screws and lanyard hole; you can see it in the picture its an interesting little detail that did not have to be done but its there.

I'm not knocking the Reate/WE production in China at all. I was simply stating that I love my FG Bodega. I fondled the Steelcraft Bodega at Bladeshow, and it was very nice. They carry even thinner than the FG. I kind of wish I had gotten one now that its too late. Lol

I'm not knocking the Reate/WE production in China at all. I was simply stating that I love my FG Bodega. I fondled the Steelcraft Bodega at Bladeshow, and it was very nice. They carry even thinner than the FG. I kind of wish I had gotten one now that its too late. Lol
Its never to late;)

considering the fact that Begg worked with and trained David Deng, who was already a great machinist,it doesn't matter where hes from;and the end result is a knife that is incredible.you really have to handle one of these large steelcraft Bodegas ;it easily rivals a custom.One interesting detail is theres a silver circle on the edge of the holes for the body screws and lanyard hole; you can see it in the picture its an interesting little detail that did not have to be done but its there.
Thank you for noticing the details:)

I had a field grade. Mine was among my worst flippers. But in terms of what you get for your money the steelcraft to me is the obvious winner if country of origin isnt a consideration. Which for me it isnt.
Sorry to hear that. We will always do our best to make a knife work properly if it is not flipping correctly. Sometimes knives come from the secondary market and its hard to say what the last owner did to it never the less we will always take a loka nd see what we can do. Best,
Mark

This is pretty cool. Because what you are describing is exactly why i thought certain companies were lying. Tool paths, metric hardware and proprietary internals. Basically knife forensics. Very cool to see im not the only one who goes that deep with things. I thought I was crazy. I probably Still am.
The knife forensics are easy and if people really want answers they are right there in front of them.

Sorry to hear that. We will always do our best to make a knife work properly if it is not flipping correctly. Sometimes knives come from the secondary market and its hard to say what the last owner did to it never the less we will always take a loka nd see what we can do. Best,
Mark

In this particular case i bought it directly from begg knives. This was right at the time the field grades had a jump in price. I tried to reach out and get it taken care of but at the time the guy with the mini poodle wouldnt let me talk to anyone else. Its in the past though and im not going to be resentful. Especially given all the great things going on with the company these days. Im just glad you have a stronger presence in the customer service end of things these days. I only wish my emails had landed in your in box.

In this particular case i bought it directly from begg knives. This was right at the time the field grades had a jump in price. I tried to reach out and get it taken care of but at the time the guy with the mini poodle wouldnt let me talk to anyone else. Its in the past though and im not going to be resentful. Especially given all the great things going on with the company these days. Im just glad you have a stronger presence in the customer service end of things these days. I only wish my emails had landed in your in box.

Yeah we have done a lot of growing up thats for sure. Thank you for the past support and hopefully we can take care of you in the future.

I don't think we will make this color again. I really like the combo but it was the last on the list to go. :(
Yeah, You mentioned at the show that it was some kind of snafu with the supplier and the colors were off from what you guys intended. I'm still stoked about having it though. I'm the guy you talked to with the blue FG Bodega BTW. Kudos on another sick knife though!

Actually just got my hands on a SC Field Marshall, and am very well pleased. You wouldn't believe where I found it, or what I paid. It's insane the things you find in out-of-the-way Pawn shops. Even had the box and papers with it.

I'm not sure if I read this correctly but I'm thinking this thread is a promo for this company by a fan with a owner chiming in but not paying a fee leaving a contact email to help people out ? I could be wrong

I'm not sure if I read this correctly but I'm thinking this thread is a promo for this company by a fan with a owner chiming in but not paying a fee leaving a contact email to help people out ? I could be wrong
I think you might be seeing conspiracy theories. I don't see this thread as you do at all. Begg knives has their own sub-forum, they don't need a fan promo thread. This is knife enthusiasts discussing a collaboration between two great companies and one of the owners was gracious enough to join the discussion to offer insights and answers. I'm thrilled to get "from the source" feedback about great knives and the worst thing we can do is try to shut it down. The easy, open exchange between knife users, fanatics, creators and makers is part of what makes BF great.

Mark thanks for checking in her I love my steelcraft large bodega and will absolutely be getting a glimpse in cf great designs both

Back