Too many attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefget

Gold Member
Just got this message, how many are we allowed to have AND how to delete attachments in bulk?

Tried to delete some attchments one.by.one, didn't seem to help.

Tried to attach a screenshot and of course it wouldn't let me

Help?

There are work arounds. I just posted a pic using Imgur. Still seems to work. I hope people don't start deleting attachments as I'm afraid that will delete them from the thread. On the some threads that would probably be ok, but on some that are archival, like the Bob Cargill Cripple Creek thread, it would be a true shame.

P.S. we have three threads going on this. One would probably suffice, eh?

I did a little digging and found some things. If you tap on your avatar, this will pop-up:

Notice the "Attachments" link in the right column. Click on it and this will come up:

Scroll to the right and you'll note that you can delete attachments:

But, BEWARE that deleting an attachment will delete the photo from your post:

Idk if there's a way to recover the attachmet without reposting the photo (if possible).

I guess my question is: do we each have a limit to the number of photos we can post and is there a way to remove attachments without deleting photos from previous posts? Or do we need to decide which photos to delete from old posts before posting new photos (ie, a one-in, one-out policy)?

So far, only when I attempt to post an image. Evidently I have a 23-page list of attachments. Idk how many pages older, more prolific members may have.
Hmmm...mine's 144 pages, and I posted a few images earlier today. Strange...

So far, only when I attempt to post an image. Evidently I have a 23-page list of attachments. Idk how many pages older, more prolific members may have.
Yeah, apparently I have 15k+ of the allowed 1500 attachments for a craftsman membership. I'm not sure how any limit is going to reasonably work with members who have been posting here for decades, not to mention craftsmen/knifemakers who post photo intensive build threads😪

It says I have 1467 attachments. I’m not sure what Platinum membership allows but this has really been frustrating. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back