Too many attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my man, I cannot offer unlimited image hosting for $30 or $75 a year.

I'm just going to say it now, I can't see a way that any limit is going to work for me or many long time active members. Apparently I blew past the limit over 9000 images ago... so now the choice is deleting the 2 decades of history to fit the new rules or not being able to exercise the benefit of my craftsman membership to permanently host images in my sub-forum?

This forum lives on pictures, deleting them will ruin this place and forcing paying members to remotely host images will cause many members to just stop buying memberships...it's really the biggest perk beyond removing the ads in my opinion.

Removing the ads was my main reason for paying, I use this site for non-woke non-offensive recreation. Love all the fotos. Looks like my last gold membership here. I guess I’ll lurk in the online knife store sites for free. Every end of the month another three or four updates on other sites and AI will be controlling the world. I quit TV and movies too years ago. Printed books, new or used once again. 🧐💤

Well my man, I cannot offer unlimited image hosting for $30 or $75 a year.
Being able to permanently host my work here is the whole reason I requested a sub-forum and maintain a craftsman membership...to avoid another Photobucket style remote hosting disaster. If I have to remotely host images it defeats the whole point.

Also, things like EDC threads will die...can't waste limited attachments like that. Historical threads will be broken even worse than the Photobucket disaster if longtime members are forced to delete old images to be able to post current ones. This forum is built on, lives on, and dies on pictures...it's why most people spend time here.

Well man, you have literally over ten thousand images on the server. Ten thousand, six hundred & thirty one to be exact. I'm looking at server migration in the near future to get us into a faster box with better options, but I cannot be unlimited image hosting for everyone.

Well man, you have literally over ten thousand images on the server. Ten thousand, six hundred & thirty one to be exact. I'm looking at server migration in the near future to get us into a faster box with better options, but I cannot be unlimited image hosting for everyone.
That works out to about 1.5 pics per day over the 20 years I've been posting here...that hardly seems excessive so I'm sure there's MANY others in the same boat as me. How were we to know that some day 20 years later our engagement with the forum would be held against us?

I haven't deleted any attachments as of yet and I'm literally blaming myself for not setting up the server correctly, so please don't act like I'm haranguing y'all. The paid subscription page that you've gone to every year has what the upload quota should be for each membership level - https://www.bladeforums.com/account/upgrades

That I fucked up the settings doesn't mean that there was no way to foresee that quotas would get fixed. Especially since this isn't the first time I've had to up storage because of running out of space due to attachments

I'm way over my limit. never thought about it before today. can't say I haven't shared a bunch of useless pics without thought on server space. im guilty on that. guess best for me to switch to third party host as well as consider what I'm posting if its useful to anyone besides my own entertainment of course........

Our pictures are why people come here. We pay for a membership. We provide the content that makes people want to join here.

How come an image hosting site can give us unlimited storage for free?

I guess I just don’t understand how it works. I hope we can figure it out. I like it here.

Most of my images are fluff. I'm fine with removing the older ones...I just wish there was a less tedious way of doing it.
Also, I've noticed that deletion doesn't seem to be an option for some of them.

Our pictures are why people come here. We pay for a membership. We provide the content that makes people want to join here.

How come an image hosting site can give us unlimited storage for free?

I guess I just don’t understand how it works. I hope we can figure it out. I like it here.
Because they have angel investors and venture capital, and are slamming people with way more ads than I do. Even then they close down fairly regularly.

Principles of economics 101: Dere ain’t no such thing as a free lunch nor unlimited forever free foto storage fore nobody. No complaint. Jus da facts. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks for a good run Spark and everyone

Just created a Imgur account. Uploaded one photo to it, but finding it quite confusing to use. I don't like it, but, I guess I will have to get used to it.
Let me know what issues you're having and maybe I can help. I use BF and Imgur almost exclusively on my phone, so maybe that helps.

Let me know what issues you're having and maybe I can help. I use BF and Imgur almost exclusively on my phone, so maybe that helps.
I am having general trouble navigating the site. I created an account and uploaded a photo. It tells me it is hidden. When I click on community, nothing happens. If I go to my account the image does not show up until I click all. Even though it is hidden, it does not show up when I hit hidden. I clicked on Help at the bottom of the page, it didn't help and I can't get back to the home page or my account.
I did grab a link and paste into a post on BF, but it did not come out as a full screen photo, it was in the imgur box, which i don't like.
Sorry for rambling, just frustrated right now.

Spark Spark , is there a means for each of us to find out how many images we have on here? I post a lotta pics but used Imgur up until 19-10 months ago in the 9+ years I've been here. If images from photo hosting sites don't count against the total limit, it seems like I got to the attachment limit awful quickly.

I also don't see anything specific at that upgrade link you post at Platinum other than "larger image quota".

Edit: Never mind the question--I found my attachment count and limit clicking on my username at the top. Still, this kinda ruins everything for me here....

Last edited:
Spark Spark , is there a means for each of us to find out how many images we have on here? I post a lotta pics but used Imgur up until 19-10 months ago in the 9+ years I've been here. If images from photo hosting sites don't count against the total limit, it seems like I got to the attachment limit awful quickly.

I also don't see anything specific at that upgrade link you post at Platinum other than "larger image quota".
Click on your user name at the right side of the top banner. Then click attachments. Scroll to the bottom of the screen that comes up and in the bottom right hand corner it will show you how many attachments you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back