Top 5 makers

Soon.... and yes, Oivind, you are still on my list for one. Unfortunately, I've had so many orders for carbon steel and damascus, that I have just been slammed trying to get through those and haven't been thinking much about stainless. It's a whole different game with regard to forging and heat-treating. Sorry.

And thanks Joe. I'm still working at it. -M

Nice to see you around Rader :)

Today I went seeing a new kitchen. A piece of yours should one day hang in my kitchen. However I have a huge collection all ready. Some think Im retarded.

Oh, I've been around, just super busy - it's a good problem to have. So, make room for one or two pieces when I get my stainless knives out. You will be one of the first five guys to get one and I'm hoping to get them out in the mid Nov. time-frame. You might see some prototypes around with 52100 in the mean-time...
-M

Oivind,I know you have addressed this before, but why go stainless when a knife maker is so good at and known for carbon.

Daniel Fairly, hands down one of the bests imo!

He's here on the bladeforums, check him out.

kalaeb:

I have 6 pieces from Bill, 1 from Carter, several from Marko, some japanese (shigefusa) all in carbon,
I have just 3 from Devin that is stainless. My GF told me that if I bring another knife she cant use (she leaves the knives uncleaned, so I have to clean them when I come home) she will have a divorce. I love Carbon, well 52100 that is, I prefer sanmai with stainless clad :) If she finds out the prices she will go monkey on my ass :( I need stainless in the future, if Im allowed to buy new ones :)

6 Burkes! Lucky man, I have 1 and will be getting my second from Bill in person next August!

Back