traditional knives in movies

I'm not sure if these pics have been posted before. A Camillus Stockman in the movie "The black Stallion"
corcelnegro8.JPG

corcelnegro5.JPG
corcelnegro.JPG

It’s been a while since we’ve had any new additions to this thread. Well done, R RafaGG (and welcome to the Porch)!! :thumbsup:

I think those might all be new new additions, as well, so bonus points for that. 😁 I don’t recall any of them being posted in the thread before (there have been other knives from Inglorious Basterds, but not that one).

Scene from "A man called Otto", with Tom Hanks
Otto2.png

Otto3.png
Otto1.png

I haven’t seen this movie yet, but just wanted to comment on the fact that I think this is the third or fourth time that Tom Hanks has been featured in this thread! He had an SAK in Cast Away (left behind with his car keys before he boarded the plane), a stag handled camp knife in The Terminal, and I believe there was something from The Green Mile, but it may not have been Hanks’ character who had the knife in that one.

Was idly watching The Godfather III on the telly the other day, during the Opera scene an large Italian Traditional (probably friction) is brandished and used. Don't know howto locate the screen shot but I suppose it's been posted already?

It’s been a while since we’ve had any new additions to this thread. Well done, R RafaGG (and welcome to the Porch)!! :thumbsup:

I think those might all be new new additions, as well, so bonus points for that. 😁 I don’t recall any of them being posted in the thread before (there have been other knives from Inglorious Basterds, but not that one).

I haven’t seen this movie yet, but just wanted to comment on the fact that I think this is the third or fourth time that Tom Hanks has been featured in this thread! He had an SAK in Cast Away (left behind with his car keys before he boarded the plane), a stag handled camp knife in The Terminal, and I believe there was something from The Green Mile, but it may not have been Hanks’ character who had the knife in that one.
He also had a pocket knife of some sort in Captain Phillips. He took it out to cut a roll of gauze to bandage the foot of one of the pirates aboard the lifeboat, but the other pirates freaked out that he had a knife and confiscated it before he could cut the bandage. The wounded pirate was left with the entire gauze roll attached to his foot.

Thank you very much!

This has been probably posted, but I don't find it: a liner lock made by Michael Walker and used by Sylvester Stallone in the movie "Cobra"
Cobramichaelwalker.JPG

Last edited:
One can only wonder if Tom Hanks is a pocket knife person?

His characters so often display a pocket knife in the movies, it makes me ponder it.

Back