Traditional Tantos in A2 Steel - Pics!

Nah, like in the scales, for different grips and for the kydex to spring into place for a light/quiet "snap".. But to re-mold kydex always seems to screw it up... so again, it is fine as it is. Just with 2 boys and wearing it inverted in my pocket, I like strong retention.

Danilel's Kydex is some of the Best! Trust me. I have Dozier Kydex.
I love how my DF tanto just drops on my pocket. It's lighter than my HD7.

Nah, like in the scales, for different grips and for the kydex to spring into place for a light/quiet "snap".. But to re-mold kydex always seems to screw it up... so again, it is fine as it is. Just with 2 boys and wearing it inverted in my pocket, I like strong retention.

Oh OK, gotcha. Yeah this doesn't really click into place but its definitely not going anywhere. I tried to shake it out of the sheath and it wouldn't budge.

First off... thanks! I have been super busy...

Awesome pics Evan, much appreciated!

Thumb ramp... not conventional but I made the sheaths with a small one just forward of the scales.

I really hope everyone enjoys the tantos for a long time to come! I have to make more, I really want one with a static cord setup for pocket carry. :D

Hi DF Gang. fyi... the Coyote Tanto is now on my belt. :)
Thank you, Daniel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yf,
rolf

Thanks again Rolf! :D

These are pretty sweet slicers.. love the design overall, and the kydex is one of your better :) I'm wanting some thumb depression... but I like this streamline design as it stands.

I could see this in a longer version. 5in handle 7inblade :D FFG DO IT :D

Thanks and enjoy! :)

I have more of these in mind for certain, I like it! Damascus keeps calling me too. :D hmm....

I agree, Chris.
1/8th stock wud work also.
Great work, Daniel!

I'll probably do 1/8" for the next run, I like the performance the .062" brings but .125" would be more conventional. These actually flexed while grinding and were some of the trickiest grinds I have done. I pulled the hollow up high which is tricky too, that is a bit like straight razors are ground.

This is my first custom knife ever, and Daniel, all I can say is THANK YOU! It's beautiful, it's just the right size for carry, the micarta has so much character and it's slicey as described.
And thanks to all the rest of the guys for being the nicest group I've seen in the forums. Cheers everyone!
CCqWROQ.jpg

oU53PvU.jpg

vUCAe9U.jpg

-Ian V.

This is my first custom knife ever, and Daniel, all I can say is THANK YOU! It's beautiful, it's just the right size for carry, the micarta has so much character and it's slicey as described.
And thanks to all the rest of the guys for being the nicest group I've seen in the forums. Cheers everyone!

-Ian V.

Thanks Ian!!! :D I really appreciate hearing that and the pics are just awesome!

Thanks everyone too... for making this place great! We are glad to have you here Ian.

WTG, Ian! The DF lil tanto is THE EDC tanto!
Pop 'er in yer pocket!!
rolf

Back