Two For Tuesday

Here's the pair I use for wood carving. Best blades ever for whittling. I love the stain on the EDKarda already...it almost blends in to the wood on my steps.

I took another picture today to share for next week that I'm super excited for.

9791745403_50ddb98fec_c.jpg

StealthKarda!

Two Hiking Buddies. One scandi & the other convex.

Maroon linen of course...:)

771DD80E-DDB0-4361-BC0D-0FB32E4EB3C4-1535-00000208F9AFA3FD_zps9bd543d1.jpg

Found that shed this past spring. One of my nicer ground scores.

Last edited:
Congrats NoFair, that's an absolutely beautiful pair in maroon linen with mosaic pins.
Love it...

Some of yours in maroon pushed me over the edge:D imho I have the perfect pair for almost anything and a S35VN Bushfinger for when just carrying one mid sized knife.

Last edited:

Nice, is that a Terrasaur?

Here's the pair I use for wood carving. Best blades ever for whittling. I love the stain on the EDKarda already...it almost blends in to the wood on my steps.

I took another picture today to share for next week that I'm super excited for.

9791745403_50ddb98fec_c.jpg

Never used the ED Karda, but have used a KE Bushie, I bet those two do make a great wood carving team. Looking forward to next week's pic!

Two Hiking Buddies. One scandi & the other convex.

Maroon linen of course...:)

771DD80E-DDB0-4361-BC0D-0FB32E4EB3C4-1535-00000208F9AFA3FD_zps9bd543d1.jpg

Found that shed this past spring. One of my nicer ground scores.

I sooo want a Hiking Buddy with a full height grind, and I love the maroon. But I need to get an F2 before I get a HB, and I am trying to decide if I want it in tuxedo as a
mate to my Recluse or in maroon and let it stand alone lol.

After a week of rain and flooding, the sun is out today! So I was able to grab a shot of my two-fer Bushfingers.

P1070893_zps4ffd40a9.png~original

Thought I better get it in here before Erich does a twenty-two-fer of his Bushfingers. ;)

You have a good point there. Lol, Erich could make a heck of a post for Tuesday! So which one do you use most?

Thurin,

What's the material on the KE? Orange burlap?

Thx.

Update on my own question:
Orange Burlap With Gold Metal Flake?

Saw some at tkc, probably what it is.

Maybe not.

Last edited:
Justdrifting,

Thurin was reposting my pictures but yes, those are Orange Burlap over blaze orange G10 and black liners. I think that shadetree burlap might be some of the best handle material I've ever had on a knife.

NoFair- Nice picture of the new duo. Looking good! I'm jealous & its no fair!!!

Mist- I too would sooo love a F2 in maroon. Not to mention a few other models (KPH, Ladyfinger, EDC & Bushcraft Karda) but I just think the F2 would be an awesome blade for hunting...

Last edited:
You have a good point there. Lol, Erich could make a heck of a post for Tuesday! So which one do you use most?

I haven't had the scandi long enough to really say. But I can say I've beat on my old one a lot and it's hard to even tell other then a few scuffs on the spine.

Another Bushcrafter

Ya know, Andy makes a few models perfect for bushcrafting lol. The Kephart is my favorite, then there are the Arete, the Woodchuck, the KE Bushie... I need to try a Bushcrafter just to check it out, but I prefer more pointy blades. I really get a kick out of having a good friend of mine in the UK, who is a nurse and former Royal Marine medic, and who now also teaches survival medical treatment and bushcraft, using a Fiddleback KE Bushie in the field that I sent him a couple of years ago :)

I really like the grind on the Bushcrafter, not into pointed tips as much. Especially on a thin blade.

I absolutely love my Bushcrafter, it's by far the best knife for its intended purpose I've ever had. I'm thinking it would make a great skinner too. I really want one with micarta and possibly a stainless model. I do love the Bocote though!

image.jpg

I really like the grind on the Bushcrafter, not into pointed tips as much. Especially on a thin blade.

I absolutely love my Bushcrafter, it's by far the best knife for its intended purpose I've ever had. I'm thinking it would make a great skinner too. I really want one with micarta and possibly a stainless model. I do love the Bocote though!

View attachment 379205

I think it would do well at skinning. It is a beauty, but I understand your thoughts, I love the feel of the wooden handles, but still prefer micarta or G10 for some things

A little to the party, but I couldn't resist the chance to get these two together.

A little to the party, but I couldn't resist the chance to get these two together.

Eh, a little late...or a little early lol, I think a few of us plan to just keep this one going for a while :)

Really nice matching set though! I want a Hiking Buddy just like that or maybe an F2...or both :D

Back