Two For Tuesday

Does anyone use a Duke on the kitchen? How is is different from a Woodsman? I realize it is a little shorter....

Solid beat me to it. I thought the Duke was the same size as the Wodsman, blade wise at least. I think all things being equal... steel thickness, height of grind, type of tang, weight of handle material, etc. then it should mainly just come down to whether you wanted more point or more belly.

Hey Mist, check this one out... 3/16", coffee sack Burlap
View attachment 382203
full tang makes it a bit heavy though

Erich, that is sweet! Where is the balance point?

1eeb3f15b25bc3adc852f98f08669152_zps114b74b1.jpg

I'm really having to reach to come up with some Two-fers.

Here are my two Fiddlebacks with wood handles.

P1080209_zps0571b9fc.png~original

Today's Two-Fer:

Scandi with Orange Liners:

Hiking Buddy with Bocote and Bushfinger with Burlap

P1080214_zps751b1463.png~original

Today's Two-Fer:

Scandi with Orange Liners:

Hiking Buddy with Bocote and Bushfinger with Burlap

P1080214_zps751b1463.png~original

Nice shot. Recognized the HB right off, wouldn't have recognized the BF at that angle if you hadn't told what it was. Hopefully I'll have another Hiking Buddy soon, I have been enamored with that model since Andy brought it out.

Nice shot. Recognized the HB right off, wouldn't have recognized the BF at that angle if you hadn't told what it was. Hopefully I'll have another Hiking Buddy soon, I have been enamored with that model since Andy brought it out.

Ya, the perspective was kinda screwy. I was trying to get a good angle that showed the orange. Here's a more typical comparo, with the Bushfinger sporting a Halloween themed lanyard and some cool beads - thanks for setting me up!

P1080217_zps4274c11e.png~original

My 1st image... Let's see if this works - Two for Tuesday - My younger son, some striped bass and a couple of Fiddlebacks (Woodsman and Bushfinger) getting ready to go to work.
BushfingerandStriper2a_zps5c5ec957.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nicely done, Willic. I think you added an extra tag though. I can still see the picture no problem.

Here's two more in my Osage handles. Andy's new Nessmuk and an F2.

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7405/10420220716_6545cec21b_c.jpg

as i said in the picture thread....LOVE the osage! pretty knives S4E. :thumbup:

nice stripers willic. striper fishing is one of my favorite things to do. but, now that i am an "uplander", i don't get to go out as much as i did when i was on the coast. how did the woodsman/bushfinger work for filleting?

as i said in the picture thread....LOVE the osage! pretty knives S4E. :thumbup:

nice stripers willic. striper fishing is one of my favorite things to do. but, now that i am an "uplander", i don't get to go out as much as i did when i was on the coast. how did the woodsman/bushfinger work for filleting?

I use the Bushfinger and/or Woodsman to remove the fillet from the fish, then use a thin fillet knife to skin the fillet. They work really well! We were fishing in Smith Mountain Lake, near Roanoke, VA. 1 was 34"! That's the biggest I've caught.

I use the Bushfinger and/or Woodsman to remove the fillet from the fish, then use a thin fillet knife to skin the fillet. They work really well! We were fishing in Smith Mountain Lake, near Roanoke, VA. 1 was 34"! That's the biggest I've caught.

that's a good one! congrats.

Wow, very nice! I loved the time I spent at Smith Mountain Lake 2 years ago but didn't catch a thing. I know there are monster fish in there - I must be doing it wrong. Oh we'll, I'll keep tryin.

Wow, very nice! I loved the time I spent at Smith Mountain Lake 2 years ago but didn't catch a thing. I know there are monster fish in there - I must be doing it wrong. Oh we'll, I'll keep tryin.

Let me know when you are around... maybe we can go fishing!

Back