Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy!
Prepare for prices to jump a bit!

Though I think this move is better overall, the posts will be way cleaner now!

No it does not, BF's can not make a seller purchase insurance but it can and will hold the seller responsible if the package does not make it to the buyer and the seller just assumes the buyer is out their money.

I've saw to many threads where the sellers claim they are not responsible once they drop the package off at the P.O., as far as I'm concerned they are responsible and that's why it's highly recommended that the seller purchase insurance unless they plan on paying out of their own pocket for a lost package.

All fair and clear rules.

Seller's who don't take responsibility for delivering the item don't understand the basics of the exchange. I sell an item. You give me money and/or goods in exchange for my item including shipping cost. I'm responsible for providing you the item, or in this case shipping the item. If they don't get the item, the exchange isn't complete. I still owe them the item. I wouldn't buy from someone who didn't promise to deliver what I paid for.

Protection for the seller is easy, signature confirmation and insurance.

i Have to give it to u guys the mods u all do a good job keeping this board safe for everyone u will always have ur 1% but the other 99% per my dealings I have to say there is integrity here

I've saw to many threads where the sellers claim they are not responsible once they drop the package off at the P.O., as far as I'm concerned they are responsible and that's why it's highly recommended that the seller purchase insurance unless they plan on paying out of their own pocket for a lost package.

great news!
that shows me that the BF is a great forum!

Prepare for prices to jump a bit!
I don't think prices will jump, it just means that prices will be more up front instead of hiding behind the "net to me", 3.5% PayPal fees that I'm responsible for but I want you to pay, if you want insurance that protects me you will need to pay that as well... or we can skip all this crap and just send it to me "friends & family :rolleyes:

Are PayPal fees different when selling internationally?

Yes.

PayPal charges 4.4% + $0.30 when a Buyer is located outside the USA.

PayPal will still charge that same fee even if an International Buyer asks to have the item shipped to an address inside the USA.

How about if the seller required a signature from buyer is that protection for the seller
I’ve stated “Signature Delivery Required” in the listing.

Nowadays, with thieves stealing packages off of doorsteps & mailboxes, I just factor in the $2.55 USPS Signature Delivery fees into the “TYD” price. This way, no one could ever say that they did not receive the package. Gives me peace of mind.

Last edited:
I’ll speak after a few. I think you should also include that USPS 3 day priority shipping is also included in sale price too! Isn’t that always ASSumed anyways ??
Signature and insurance ? F! iT!
I think The seller and buyer can figure that out. If you’re that stupid you don’t understand what you’re buying you shouldn’t own knives !!:) This is how big Gubment screws it all up. Thanks.

Boru13 Boru13 - so does the rule "Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER" imply that the seller will be held responsible in the event of a PO screw up?

Getting the item purchased to the buyer is the seller's responsibility. Of course, the PO (or whatever courier) can screw up. But since only the person sending the package can claim insurance, it's the seller who get reimbursed for the lost item. Seller should refund the buyer, then claim and (hopefully) collect from the insurer. That's why insurance protects the seller, not the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back