Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll speak after a few. I think you should also include that USPS 3 day priority shipping is also included in sale price too! Isn’t that always ASSumed anyways ??
Signature and insurance ? F! iT!
I think The seller and buyer can figure that out. If you’re that stupid you don’t understand what you’re buying you shouldn’t own knives !!:) This is how big Gubment screws it all up. Thanks.

Let's not go overboard please. All well and good to send priority if a knife is traveling cross country but 1st class serves admirably well for less and without compromise to the buyer except -perhaps - an extra day of waiting. On a $100.00 or less knife the current $ 8.45 cost of a small flat rate priority box is prohibitive especially adding insurance and/or signature required (the latter makes more sense to me than insurance, 90% of the time and is my typical procedure).

I completely agree with the new changes but would be very unhappy to be told how to ship too - which the new rule DOES NOT! :thumbsup:

My 2 ¢

Last edited:
Hi Ray -

I thought anything over 1lb makes it unable to use 1st class shipping? Unless it is a small traditional most of my packages are over 1lb - maybe I am using too much bubble wrap and shipping tape. The last knife I sent out looked like a mummified machete; you could have used it to club someone without harming the knife.

On topic - love the idea of no "net to me" - I have always skipped over any item where NTM existed in the sale or any request for F&F. If I REALLY wanted the item, I would just add the 3.5% and that was that - but I like making the exchange more consistent in this small way.

I do wish we could ban F&F altogether, but I am good with incremental progress.

best regards -

mqqn

NO ONE is telling you how to ship, I'm assuming what you quoted is what happens after someone's had a few to many.

The ONLY changes are in post #1 of this thread.

I understand, I was simply replying to the comment I quoted in which the suggestion was to "include 3 day priority" as a rule. At least that's how I understood the post. I am very happy for the changes in POST #1.

I edited my post to allay confusion.

Ray

Hi Ray -

I thought anything over 1lb makes it unable to use 1st class shipping? Unless it is a small traditional most of my packages are over 1lb - maybe I am using too much bubble wrap and shipping tape. The last knife I sent out looked like a mummified machete; you could have used it to club someone without harming the knife.

On topic - love the idea of no "net to me" - I have always skipped over any item where NTM existed in the sale or any request for F&F. If I REALLY wanted the item, I would just add the 3.5% and that was that - but I like making the exchange more consistent in this small way.

I do wish we could ban F&F altogether, but I am good with incremental progress.

best regards -

mqqn

I believe (edit) 13 oz is the limit for 1st class. Most folders I sell are well and securely boxed and wrapped at under
13 oz. I check with my digital scale and have been known to swap out packing materials ;)

Ray

Last edited:
Implementing Uniform pricing practices acrossed the board is an awesome new rule! Thanks bladeforums!

Thank you! Hopefully, there might be some flippers who will view the change as being too much of a PIA to continue seeing the exchange as an easy way to pick up some bucks. I doubt that it will happen, but one can always hope.
Kudos to Spark and to all involved :thumbsup:
OG

I believe 11oz is the limit for 1st class. Most folders I sell are well and securely boxed and wrapped at under
11 oz. I check with my digital scale and have been known to swap out packing materials ;)

Ray

The First-Class Package Service - Retail™ weight limit is actually 13 oz for packages.

If buying the shipping label through eBay / PP which use Pitney Bows, they may have different rates
covering up to 16 oz while still using 1st-Class Mail.

The First-Class Package Service - Retail™ weight limit is actually 13 oz for packages.

If buying the shipping label through eBay / PP which use Pitney Bows, they may have different rates
covering up to 16 oz while still using 1st-Class Mail.

Yes sorry - you are right. I will edit my posts. Mind slip is a terrible affliction :rolleyes:

Ray

FWIW, I have taken to saying "I'll take it for $xxx" when I buy a knife so that others will know how much it sold for. I've seen other buyers do this as well and it is helpful for the reason mentioned above but would be unnecessary if sellers would just leave their asking prices in place when the knife is sold.
That is a dick move. You are essentially dictating how you want a sellers ad to read, removing the choice of the seller to leave the price or not. As it says in the rules, it is the sellers choice. Do that in my sales thread not only will you not get the item. I will ask a mod to remove the price you selfishly quoted.

These are excellent changes that will help everyone involved. Thanks for listening.

It's been a long time coming. Now I'm eager to see it enforced! Good job mods and Spark!

I imagine that we will continue to see some “net to me” priced adds, until all sellers get a chance to read and understand the new rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back