"upscale" or "upgraded" Rat 1? Will we ever see more scale and steel options?

The only thing preventing me from buying a rat 1 right now is the steel. I'd definitely prefer g10 for the scales. Any of the CTS or the CPM steels would be cool.

The only thing preventing me from buying a rat 1 right now is the steel. I'd definitely prefer g10 for the scales. Any of the CTS or the CPM steels would be cool.
Buy one anyway... for the cost, it's worth it.

Our prayers have been answered!!!!

Knifeworks has Limited Edition RAT 1's in D2!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a 1 for four years. It's my main hunting/ outdoors/ yard work folder. I'd love upgraded versions and will be willing to pay for them. G10 and upgraded steel, I'd definitely be in for one.

I was all for it until i read Laminated over G10. That's not worth the extra coin IMHO. if it was pure CF, then Yes. That being said I ordered the Orange one.

Started to buy the CF/D2 Rat 1 but then decided to wait and see if they come out with a Rat 2 version. I love my Rat 1 but carry the Rat 2 far more due to it's smaller size. A D2 Rat 2 would get my money quickly.

I think you guys should offer the RAT series with a different steel option, but I can't think that makes much of a difference to the average consumer. To knife nuts, of course... To Joe public, not at all IMO...

I'd suggest simply making available options to customize the knife, anodized hardware with matching pocket clip, very much need a deep carry pocket system...

Or just make an awesome limited production run, tricked out with scales and metal to suite the knife community, it's sell like hot cakes IMO...

While I'll never EDC something the size of the Rat-1, I'm getting one anyway, hoping an updated Rat-2 is close behind. I love my Rat-2 knives.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bravo, well done Ontario! Nice choice of upgraded scale & blade materials of an already classic design...at more than fair prices! I smiled when I saw the choice of D2 for the new Rats, since it's a very old tool steel that buyers seem to have rediscovered in recent years with newer heat treating methods yielding some fantastic D2 cutters...w/o the added cost of powdered process steel technology. There also is symmetry in Ontario's choice of D2 with their Bob Dozier collabs' in the same steel.

I just ordered a D2 RAT, I have been thinking about getting one for years but the sad finally cinched the deal

Ah, I want one in D2 but I don't really need two Rat 1's. I hope they come out with a Rat 2 in D2.

Wow! I just got my first Rat 1 last week and then saw these come out. Definitely going to have to get one. $31.95 is an incredible price for these. Ontario is awesome for listening to their customers so well.

wow!!! so happy. I ordered a cf and desert tan. I will order more for gifts if there are any left next week.

Back