v4 EDC Prototypes Passaround

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This one is going to run a little differently this time...so pay attention. :eek:

First off...here are the pics of what's included in the passaround:

:cool:

EDCv4Prototypes0929-01.jpg

EDCv4Prototypes0929-03.jpg

The top knife is Red G10, full-thickness tang (drilled out)

Weight = 6.7 oz

The bottom knife is Verawood, tapered tang (also drilled out)

Weight = 5.1 oz

And now for the Rules & Stipulations. :D

In order to participate in this passaround you need to be able to pass the following:

• You are a PAID Member here at Bladeforums (Basic-Gold-Platinum-Whatever)
  • You agree to Post Pictures (at least one) as well as a write-up.
  • You are either a Previous Customer (owned/purchased one of my knives) or have been following the EDC thread already)
  • You agree to wear the knife EVERY DAY - rain, sun, or snow....and it will be the ONLY knife on you...you will use it for doing everything...from opening letters to cutting steak to dispatching terrorists to buttering toast...whatever it is you do every day.
  • The 3 inch blade MUST be LEGAL to carry in your state.
  • You agree to SHARPEN the knife before you send it to the next guy...and your sharpening abilities are "ABOVE PAR".
(rules above may change as I deem necessary..:p)

To toss things up a little bit...I am going to send each knife separately to EVERYBODY on the list (one route, one knife goes top-to-bottom on the list, the other bottom-to-top)

I am only going to let 5 people in on this passaround (we'll see if even that many qualify...:rolleyes:)

Official Passaround List:

1. Martin Swinkels
  2. chickenplucker (GA)
  3. Heavy (IL)
  4. monarh99 (IL)
  5. bigfattyt (WA)

1. Martin Swinkels
  2. bigfattyt (WA)
  3. monarh99 (IL)
  4. Heavy (IL)
  5. chickenplucker (GA)

Did you read the Rules/Stipulations through TWICE? If not, go back and read it again.

:D

Ok....if you're interested...post here...I will not be checking PMs or emails for those interested.

:thumbup:

Dan

Last edited:
I was with you until the 3" fixed blade being legal to carry part :)

They do look nice though.

I need this to travel quickly....you ok with paying international priority rates?

I'm in. I love this design, and have been wanting to try one out. 3 inch is legal where I am at, and that is the size I carry every day. .22 thick 3 inch Busse GW , and also usually have a longer fixed blade handy as well.

I was super excited when you posted the original prototype, and loved the handle size/blade profile/length combo.
I believe my sharpening skills are "above par"

I promise to carry it every day, and probably hold it most of the evening long staring at it, talking to to it, walking around looking for stuff that needs to be cut etc.

I also promise to do a review, and post pictures.

Let me know

Last edited:
Great. I can't wait. I had been following the original post, and had posted comments in it, and also read the review that SPXTrader posted with the photos etc and posted comments.

I also think that in a production model that a full convexed version with the swedge point (ie V-I version) would be the bees knees.

Thanks for the pass around Mr. Koster! You are a scholar and a gentleman!

Should I PM my shipping address and info to you, or to the other people on the list? however you want to do it.

Ok, Martin - I'll include you in...and it will go out to you first...I don't want to send them out there twice...so you'll be the only one to get both at the same time. Then I'll have you send it to the other guys.

Thanks for the offer to cover shipping. Shoot it to me via Paypal and we'll get this out the door today.

Dan

ok - you're the last one, monarh99

:thumbup:

List Closed!!!

Dan

I've updated the first post - to create both passaround lists. :thumbup:

Both knives are already on their way (via Global Express) to Martin...he'll send them out to the others as soon as he's done reviewing.

Thanks!

Dan

I like that the passarounders are supposed to use it far all knife uses from pb&j to bushcrafting. That they are required to carry them around all the time is pretty cool as well. This should be interesting.

So, Mr. Koster, how long does each on the list carry them before sending them on? I did not catch a time period on in the instructions (I read the rules/stipulations and about 20 times to make sure).

thanks for the question, bigfattyt - how about this:

Whenever you get it, you ship it the following Friday or Saturday.

Work for you guys?

I'd like you to have the chance to carry it 24/7 for a few days...but not more than a week.

Dan

I need you guys to run this yourselves....I am notoriously bad at arranging passarounds. If one of you wants to volunteer to keep track of everything, that's fine. Otherwise, if it's alright with you...just send your address to the guy "in front of you in line". Make sense?

Thanks, guys!

Looking forward to some good feedback.

Did the knives arrive yet, Martin?

:p

Dan

Back