v4 EDC Prototypes Passaround

Hey Dan, Big Red will be in the mail in the morning.:eek: Christmas and a wedding in the family disrupted my knife time.:grumpy: Should have some pics and thoughts up as well.:thumbup:

CPM154 sounds good. I didn't see v.4 compared to v.1, 2, and 3, but having carried v.1 a lot, the height seems perfect to me. Personally, I'd like to see the jimping (thumb serrations?) on it, too.

I still think v.1 is the bomb!

Looking forward to seeing this puppy in CPM154!

First off, Dan thanks for including your customers in this passaround. It has been fun and a real learning experience for me. I was lucky enough to buy one of the earlier protos so I always had another close copy for comparison. I have to agree with most of the guys that a little more height on the blade would make it just about perfect. The protos with tapered tang also seemed to fit my needs much more than the full tang of the red G-10 model. One of my pics shows how much wider that one is. I would buy this knife whether you go with carbon or stainless steel,I just like it. Thumb jimping on the ones that had it was very appreciated as well. I will send it home in the morning and once again. Thank You
IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

great pics and review - thanks!

:thumbup:

Dan

Hi all...I'm new to this Koster forum and was wondering if these are or will be up for sale anytime soon? LOVING the design and concept!!! Hope I'm not kicking up any beaten-to-death question or being annoying, just was looking for the info. Thanks.

Great question - I have not yet decided on this one...I need to let it "bake" for more time now.

I have made a "taller" blade, and have it cut out, ground out and boxed up for heat-treat.....out of CPM-154. :thumbup:

When it gets back I will slap a handle on it and put it through some testing.

I have been carrying the red G10 EDC from this passaround since the day it came back home and I am SERIOUSLY loving it. I can't believe how handy this thing is...and how much work I get out of it in the shop AND at home.

More testing/reviews to come, for sure!

But it will likely be a few weeks until the next one (v5) rolls off the line.

And then we'll see what happens...I feel it is *very close* to the final product. I want this one to be *perfect*, though....no changes needed, etc....which is why I'm taking my sweet time before I release it.

I'm sure I'll have some at the Blade Show - for those going! :thumbup:

Dan

Been going to the Blade Show longer than I've been making knives....wouldn't dare miss it! :eek: :eek:

:D

Dan

I will be waiting with baited breath to see the newest version. I really enjoyed using both the pass around prototypes a ton.

me too!!!

The latest prototype is at Paul Bos Heat-Treat getting some TLC...:D

Pics promised!!

Dan

sweet. as soon as you get the newest version handled, give us needy guys some pics.

Back