What Buck Do You Have on Order? Or in the Mail?

I’m looking for ways to occupy myself while trying to be patient waiting on my Web Specials to arrive. So I’m pondering the deep and inner workings of the USPS.

What, exactly, does “Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending” mean?

When an item makes its way from Post Falls to Spokane, what further acceptance is needed? In my simple brain, they should just put the box back on the first truck or plane headed East and send it on its way. :)

I also happen to be located in the same town as another business who I try to support in an effort to stimulate the economy. Trickle-down Economics, I think Ronnie called it. Actually, I probably learned more about it from Michael J. Fox in his role on Family Ties, but I digress. LOL!

The name of this other upstanding establishment is the Knife Center “with David C. Anderson”. Why, when we’re both in Fredericksburg, Virginia, does the USPS feel the need to send my boxes from Fredericksburg down to Richmond, and back up to my mailbox in Fredericksburg? I’m sure they have a reason, and I’m sure it makes perfect sense in a conference room somewhere - it just doesn’t make sense to me. :)

Is the mailman here yet, or do I need to continue rambling to pass the time?

1692128963661.jpeg

I’m looking for ways to occupy myself while trying to be patient waiting on my Web Specials to arrive. So I’m pondering the deep and inner workings of the USPS.

The ways of USPS are a mystery to me. At least you haven't gotten a, "delivery refused by addressee," or "mailing address does not exist," which are apparently the codes my mail person uses when she's too tired and doesn't feel like finishing her route until tomorrow.

Clip point 501! Finally! And it’s even in Magnacut! I’m pretty excited as this has been a configuration (clip 501) I’ve been wanting for several years now.
Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting a 501 to fill a gap.

Edit: Between the repeated errors of "upstream request timeout" and "THE PRODUCT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CAN'T BE FOUND.", I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Thankfully, it finally worked and I have it awaiting fulfillment. Yay! With the higher price compared with the regular 501 and the 800 made, it might last a little while.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting a 501 to fill a gap.

Edit: Between the repeated errors of "upstream request timeout" and "THE PRODUCT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CAN'T BE FOUND.", I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Thankfully, it finally worked and I have it awaiting fulfillment. Yay! With the higher price compared with the regular 501 and the 800 made, it might last a little while.

Glad you got one! It’s been on my wish list for a while now, I’m glad they finally came out with one. I was hoping it was in the pipeline after we saw the clip point Duke.

Finally got a Buck 946 Cleaver - Nov 21' BOTM! This has been a personal grail for me. I would have snapped this up when originally released as the BOTM, but by the time I got off of work and checked my email, it was sold out...

When an item makes its way from Post Falls to Spokane, what further acceptance is needed? In my simple brain, they should just put the box back on the first truck or plane headed East and send it on its way. :)

I also happen to be located in the same town as another business who I try to support in an effort to stimulate the economy. Trickle-down Economics, I think Ronnie called it. Actually, I probably learned more about it from Michael J. Fox in his role on Family Ties, but I digress. LOL!

The name of this other upstanding establishment is the Knife Center “with David C. Anderson”. Why, when we’re both in Fredericksburg, Virginia, does the USPS feel the need to send my boxes from Fredericksburg down to Richmond, and back up to my mailbox in Fredericksburg? I’m sure they have a reason, and I’m sure it makes perfect sense in a conference room somewhere - it just doesn’t make sense to me. :)

Is the mailman here yet, or do I need to continue rambling to pass the time?

View attachment 2288000
Head downtown to Benny's and grab a hot Virginia slice while you wait!

Great photo...has to be a couple of hungry musicians in that family. :D

I have a DLT marbled CF, SV30 112 Slim Pro in my mail box.
Yes, indeed! It's what my wife went to school for. There's a third piano in another room. LOL! The girls are doing very well in their lessons. My son wanted nothing to do with piano - he thinks it's girly. But grandpa plays banjo so he's gravitated towards that.

And in other news, my Web Specials order has now been in Spokane for over 36 hours with no movement. Patient, I am being patient... :)

Yes! It’s been too long since we’ve had Benny’s.

For those who don’t know, that’s a normal size dinner plate. The pizzas are something like 28-30” diameter!

View attachment 2288652
Heck yeah! If you ever get down to Florida, we have a place called Lazy Moon, the "Large" is a full three feet in diameter. The box it comes in is bigger than the patio tables at the beer joint next door, so we used to have to make sure we had a bigger table inside. LOL Good times.

Sorry for the pick reuse, but just got this in yesterday:

2c0vYak.jpg

A very nice working example, courtesy of a nice member on the Exchange. I'd wanted one of the Marksman models for awhile, but there were always other knives ahead in line, and by the time had come, the prices on secondary had skyrocketed. Glad I was able to get my hands on this guy!

Well..I had to buy a 112 today..I've looked at the Nickel silver frame drop point 112's on Bucks Web Exclusive page on and off for over a month now and even though I don't 'need' another 112 I know I will have a Custom done sometime later this year and that's what I will start with. $79.99 is a decent price but more importantly that is a very difficult one to find out in the wild. I would have to sacrifice a LE that is collectable in its own right and I just don't have that many NS drop points period. Plus it's ALWAYS a great day when you get a box from Post Falls lolol! I had to get free shipping so I added a few Web Specials to make sure. I got 2 of the gut hook Bucklite Max fixed blades for Christmas presents this year because a decent sized USA Buck fixed blade for under 20 bucks makes a nice present along with a 877 Maverick and a 759 Metro with the flowers on it. Really nice keychain knife especially for the girls in the family.
For many years now I have liked to give USA Bucks for Christmas presents but you have to find them early..

Back