What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

Warlander 'Fletcher'

iM51if.jpg

I like the Warlander Fletcher. I have a few myself. That sowbelly is pretty sweet too!

It's a great EDC model. Do you have a Trout as well? I'm curious how they compare - they seem very similar, with the Trout just being a little larger.

It's a great EDC model. Do you have a Trout as well? I'm curious how they compare - they seem very similar, with the Trout just being a little larger.
I love both models, but they are pretty different knives IMO. The Trout is on the upper edge of an edc size knife(slightly larger than a FF Handyman). It has a much fuller handle, and a traditional palm swell that is forward of the Fletcher’s. It has a very slender(elegant?) blade, with significantly less belly than the Fletcher. The indexing on the Fletcher is also deeper. Both are first rate designs.

Full disclosure: The Fletcher is my favorite knife model of Amy’s, followed closely by the Mink. It gets the most carry time of all my Warlanders. A perfect little edc imo.

IMG_8725.jpeg

I love both models, but they are pretty different knives IMO. The Trout is on the upper edge of an edc size knife(slightly larger than a FF Handyman). It has a much fuller handle, and a traditional palm swell that is forward of the Fletcher’s. It has a very slender(elegant?) blade, with significantly less belly than the Fletcher. The indexing on the Fletcher is also deeper. Both are first rate designs.

Full disclosure: The Fletcher is my favorite knife model of Amy’s, followed closely by the Mink. It gets the most carry time of all my Warlanders. A perfect little edc imo.

View attachment 2533845

That's great info - thanks! And the comparo pic is very helpful. I think I want to try out a Trout at some point. :thumbsup:

I've a pair of Brown Trout:
OEauaQRl.jpg

I liked the micarta version enough, that I picked up the Thuya burl, too.

The burl blade shape is slightly altered as the spine drops somewhat to the tip.

Also, the handle is not as girthy as the micarta version - also, on the micarta version the width of the handle and the handle height, are closer to equal so it feels rounder. Where as the burl is just a bit thinner across the handle and feels tighter in my hand, at least.

Nimbler, too.

However, the micarta came with such a terrific edge, thinner blade stock, so quite fun to use right out of the box, with a sheath.

Edge was nicely maintainable and blade took an easy patina, too.

I too think, as NoRest and Fishcharmer stated, a Trout is on the large side of EDC.

VeihpfXl.jpg

I have a Fletcher, too, but have not used it yet...and a Bushbaby...but keep returning to the basic Trout and I continue to be tempted by others that have shown up for sale.

Back