What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

I usually carry Skyline at work, but had to send it back to Kershaw. I also carry Delica FFG VG10.

Daily, my ZT301.

2012-05-02_14-05-39_571.jpg

2012-04-27_17-46-54_53.jpg

Occasionally, my Benchmade large Bone Collector.

2012-03-25_14-16-20_83.jpg

Right now I'm carrying a small sebbie in my right pocket, and a ZT in my left pocket. I find myself going for the ZT a crapload more than the sebbie.

I don't particularly like the sebbie. Lock up is too tight and it just doesn't feel "right" in the hand.

I always have a little Vic Rambler on my keychain, usually a Vic Tinker in my left front pocket (the odd time I'll switch out for a different small folder but mostly it's the Tinker) and some sort of locking one-hander clipped to my right front pocket. My one-handers are rotated almost daily. Today it's a Spyderco Rock Lobster...

rl01.jpg

As I become more comfortable carrying a fixed-blade for EDC, my 'leven is slowly replacing my one-handers... (in the rotation/set-up--don't think I'd ever completely abandon my folders!)

bk02-1.jpg

Last edited:
I often carry 2 folders. I usually have a traditional in my left pocket. Typically it's a Hawkbill Pruner, Sodbuster or a small SAK. The right pocket usually features a Spydie Manix 2, Leafstorm, Para 2, Delica or Benchamde 13960.

jwh

I also have my CS American Lawman I carry in my EDC bag.

004-6.png

I use to carry this Dozier folder too.

008-14.png

Right now I have a Para2, Sak Farmer, and a Leatherman Juice on me. Theres an Ontario Rat1 in my bag too, just in case I need a beater.

These. The skeletool is ALWAYS with me. In the shower, it hangs right next to the towel. Everything else is pick and choose, although I just got the 0560 today, so it will be seeing some pocket carry pretty heavily for awhile.

7698905322_84241dae5d_b.jpg

7698904686_e13a05f1b5_b.jpg

Hey, CTanner is back. Cool. :thumbup:

And what kind of folder am I carrying this afternoon, you ask?

Well, UPS showed up with a little package from the river store. I've been waiting years to get one of these.

And yeah, that's a waved Endura next to it.

DSCN0886.jpg

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0888.jpg

And here's a pic with the Baconator, my BK-9, for another comparison.

DSCN0873.jpg

Never thought I'd see the day when a folding knife would make The King look smallish.

I like this knife so far. It's big, but it is also light. An excellent tribute to the old-school Spanish navaja of yesteryear. Mine came nice and sharp. I was impressed. I could cut serpents in paper right out of the box with it. I only honed it on my block strop to finish it off. Now it's really sharp. I also squirted some Slipstream gun lube into the works to smooth up the contact points around the pivot pin. It opens slick as snot now with a quick flick of the wrist. Looks like I'm ready to do some serious neck-chopping when the Zombie Apocalypse begins.

Back