What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

Today I went old skool with an R.J. Martin designed, fluted blade, G10 sided, Made in 'Murica and extremely well loved Kershaw Zing. It was even run over by our Passat wagon once - I remembered leaving it on the rear bumper...after realizing it wasn't in my pocket about an hour after I drove over it. Lucky for me it fell off just past our driveway - or I'd have no pictures of it at all.

30174121072_abb2325430_b.jpg

^great knives on this page so far.

GSOM, the zing never really appealed to me, think it's funky looking, though it does have something.. I dunno. The blade has always given me mixed feelings looking at it. How do you like it except for sturdiness?

TBL, a native lw is still on my shortlist. Great choice of knives there.

GSOM, the zing never really appealed to me, think it's funky looking, though it does have something.. I dunno. The blade has always given me mixed feelings looking at it. How do you like it except for sturdiness?

I won't speak for GSOM but the Zing is a very cool not so little knife. Great ergonomics, unique blade, perfect edc size. Not to mention choice of styles in either handle material (Zytel or G10) or color and blade shape. The Zing changed my opinion of Zytel. (I'm sure no one here ever thought twice of a "plastic" handle, right?)

Do I have a favorite? The green G10 with black tanto blade is one of my most carried as is the orange Zytel with striated blade. Never carried the damascus though it would look really cool in orange or green scales.

Finally got my hands on one of these!

Good old Phat Bob. Really love this blade shape. Nice size too.

Had this SAK Farmer a few months now and I understand what I've been missing.
Love the sturdy awl, it and the flat tip screw driver see a lot of use.

I won't speak for GSOM but the Zing is a very cool not so little knife. Great ergonomics, unique blade, perfect edc size. Not to mention choice of styles in either handle material (Zytel or G10) or color and blade shape. The Zing changed my opinion of Zytel. (I'm sure no one here ever thought twice of a "plastic" handle, right?)

Do I have a favorite? The green G10 with black tanto blade is one of my most carried as is the orange Zytel with striated blade. Never carried the damascus though it would look really cool in orange or green scales.

That's quite a collection - I didn't know they came in so many flavors. The black Zing was - IIRC - the first "nice" EDC knife that I ever purchased. When I saw an orange one at EMS (of all places) for $30 a couple of years later, it was a no brainer.
G: I don't know anything about the current production models of the Zing. All I know is that the originals were a shitload of knife for the money. I don't know if the fluted blade adds anything, but IMO it looks cool and the edge is just like any other knife and cuts stuff - the way it's supposed to. I think it's such a great little flipper; ergonomic, pocketable - and tacticool WAY before that became a word. Not surprising his customs fetch the $$ they do. Did I mention I ran over it and it's still working? I mean, the centering is off a smidge, but.....

@coolbreeze: That CRKT Fossil is a very impressive (and underrated IMO) chunk of pocket hardware. Blade rolls out as smoothly as my ZT 0560....
I like the grip, but don't carry it that much due to how hard they make it to get out of my pocket. I think, though, that I'm going to buff the spine a bit on my 3M belt; it's way too sharp for what I like in a folder. I ain't planning on striking any firesteels with it.

These 2 have been on me lately. The farmer is always on me and I have 2 backups for it. I've lost this original one lots of times, but it always ends up coming back to me.

Buck 112 in 5160 all month. Smitten would be a suffice description of how I feel about this blade.
2016-10-17_1250_zpsuvttbbdw.png

After Benson X's post in the Becker Pic thread I half drunkenly made a bid on a new Ritter mini-grip.. Should be here next tuesday :) Now to order some new scales!

Nice, Lee! Hope you like it; it's been a fantastic li'l EDC folder for me!

I'm not an official Beckerhead, but I didn't want to come here empty-handed, so here's my contribution.

CKF Daboia:
20160808_192212%282%29.jpg

GSOM, I not one for collecting but the Zing was such a great knife that was being discontinued I couldnt help it. The current Chinese model I haven't had the want to buy one...yet. I mostly carry ZT, sometimes Kershaw and usually a Becker or two.

Today's carry:

Back