What initially sold you on Survive! Knives?

Simplicity, M-390, in stock, shipped within 7 days.

M-390 that's back in the day huh :D
I'd like to eventually get an elmax and a M-390 4.1. I also wanna find an M-390 necker one day. Hell what can I say I wanna try one of each of their steels they ever made.

What was your first S! Blade.

I was looking for a really nice camping/utility knife and I found video after video of people raving about Guy and his knives. I did a bit more research and ultimately called Guy. After a 90 minute conversation I was sold. But there were none for sale from S!. I ultimately found a GSO 6 on eBay for a reasonable price. It was 1" to 2" bigger than I wanted but I figured I could buy it and flip it if I didn't like it. After about an hour of carving I was amazed at what I could do with a big blade and fell in love with it. Soon after I bought a 5, 4.1, 5.1 and a 7/7 from S!, all of which have been re-sharpened by Guy 3 or 4 times. I probably have 20+ S! knives with a bunch more pre-orders coming.

Last edited:
I was looking for a really nice camping/utility knife and I found video after video of people raving about Guy and his knives. I did a bit more research and ultimately called Guy. After a 90 minute conversation I was sold. But there were none for sale from S!. I ultimately found a GSO 6 on eBay for a reasonable price. It was 1" to 2" bigger than I wanted but I figured I could buy it and flip it if I didn't like it. After about an hour of carving I was amazed at what I could do with a big blade and fell in love with it. Soon after I bought a 5, 4.1, 5.1 and a 7/7 from S!, all of which have been re-sharpened by Guy 3 or 4 times. I probably have 20+ S! knives with a bunch more pre-orders coming.

You my friend, is an extremist, because you are extreme. Lol!

Well, was looking for a tough, corrosion resistant, edge holding knife in the 6" blade range made from Elmax or 3V and came across Survive! knives. I liked the design with the saber grind, blade geometry, heat treat and a great price for a made in the USA knife.

Made the choice between a TRC Apocalypse-S (which is to be released soon) and the GSO 6 (to be made fairly soon), the TRC knives look to be quite good but ended up pre-ordering a Survive! GSO 6. Was able to snag a GSO 5.1 (very similar to the GSO 6) and I like it, I know the GSO 6 is gonna be great! Happy with my choice for sure.

I am getting into grip making for pistols and knives. I have done a bunch for myself, and am starting to get a few orders from customers. I have been looking for just the right knife to use as the basis for a project, to make some scales and customize. Then I found S!K and the knife is almost secondary to the community, camaraderie, great information on the sub-forum, and company ethic. I was drawn to all that is S!K in as much as it is a fantastic blade. Now I'm hooked and am figuring out how to obtain some more.

I liked the styling at first but have come to love their performance in the short time I've had them. The camaraderie is good too!

Well, I've yet to hold one in my hand. Still holding out hope for a 5.1 one of these Mondays.

A good survival knife is something I've wanted for a long time. I was introduced to SURVIVE! while reading bladeforums. What first interested me in these knives was the community in this subforum. I was impressed by people's enthusiastic support for the company. Also, I appreciate the involvement of SURVIVE!, including frequent and candid responses from Ellie & Guy, in this forum.

This convinced me to investigate the company. Guy's philosophy of creating the highest quality knives and selling at a reasonable price, when he could probably sell them for $100 more, sealed the deal for me. Quality at a fair price.

Last edited:
Oh, something else that should be mentioned, coming from an outside perspective. The company name, SURVIVE! Knives, was brilliant. The first time I saw the name online, I thought it sounded interesting and it stuck in my head. It's simple, and evocative.
It stayed in the back of my mind until I researched it several weeks later.

Last edited:
I first got to know about S!K through BF and decided to give it a try after reading many positive reviews.

My first order was a 7/7 during the Starter. Ordered the 4.5, 8 and 10 when they were made available for Preorder. After ordering 4 knives but yet to own or held one got me a little impatient. Hence, I jumped on the 5.1 when it available for Presale so I can get one faster.

I finally received my first S!K 5.1 in Feb 2016. This is when I am truly sold! Everything is perfect for this knife. The finishing, design, sharpness, handle, balance and sheath quality are of the highest possible standard for a production knife. To get all these factors right on a single knife is a great achievement. Most makers will miss one or two of these. I will place S!K in the same league as CRK when it comes to attention to detail.

After being sold on my 5.1, I ordered a 12 just to make sure I am well covered! I am also considering ordering a 6 in 3V as my 5.1 is in 20CV. My credit card hates me now and pls don't tell my wife. I said I will stop buying more knives after the arrival of my first child in Feb 2016.

If there's anyone I should thank it will be you Don. Without you I wouldn't know about S!K and its range of awesome products. So very much loving my 5.1.

Andy, it's hard to ignore such a good product which is priced so reasonably. [emoji56]

Back